Dry Cleaning Specifically

Wakepatrol

[B]I sent out a silk dress several times and it came back fine. My usual policy is if I really love the garment and don't want to take a chance, I bring it to my usual dry cleaner at home. That being said, HAL laundries on all the ships we have sailed (14 of 15 ships) do a wonderful job with laundry and dry cleaning.

I do not think there is a 'stuff the bag' special for dry cleaning.

[/B]

Neptune suites include unlimited dry cleaning and everything I sent out came back perfectly done and no residual smells - they have "organic" solvents apparently now. I believe dry cleaning is charged per piece and is not included in the 4 start Mariner perk either. However, first impressions are the dry cleaning prices are lower than in the states. We have had nothing but 100% satisfaction with both HAL laundry and dry-cleaning on every ship we have used it.

[quote name='Wakepatrol']Thanks- so is it by the piece or it is lumped in with unlimited laundry?

How much is unlimited laundry now?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

We put the dry cleaning in a separate bag, though the packing list has both laundry and dry cleaning boxes to check for each type of item. I also believe there was an extra charge when laundering silk items.

We have used dry cleaning on the ships - my long gowns, dh's jacket /suit, his pants (he doesn't like some washed) and everything came back as good if not better than the dry cleaners here. Now, it was free in the Neptune Suite - but the price list was there and it was quite reasonable. Shirts were a smidge higher than here but the jacket and skirt - that type of thing - was cheaper :)

So, all in all I think it is a very fair deal.

We put the laundry and drycleaning in the same bag - I mark a description (ie. - shirt - blue striped) so it is easy for them to identify and myself as well to reconcile it when it comes back ;)

We have no hesitation to send dry cleaning out. Silk is extra (I think it was maybe $1.00 or $1.50 more for silk pyjamas as an example) but it makes sense as it has to be handled gently.

Fairly priced and well done. no problem in recommending it. To the best of my knowledge there is no package for drycleaning.

The unlimited laundry pricing (which is laundry only) appears to vary depending upon the cruise or voyage. Some have reported $7 per day, some $9 per day. Europe has been pricier but on our Prinsendam cruise it was less than $9 per day for those on the 30 day cruise if I recall our roll call conversations correctly - hope this helps Edited by kazu

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]There isn't an unlimited dry cleaning package. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I would not send silks out to be dry cleaned.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I wash silks. I contend they never had dry cleaners in ancient china.

[quote name='kazu']We have used dry cleaning on the ships - my long gowns, dh's jacket /suit, his pants (he doesn't like some washed) and everything came back as good if not better than the dry cleaners here. Now, it was free in the Neptune Suite - but the price list was there and it was quite reasonable. Shirts were a smidge higher than here but the jacket and skirt - that type of thing - was cheaper :)

So, all in all I think it is a very fair deal.

We put the laundry and drycleaning in the same bag - I mark a description (ie. - shirt - blue striped) so it is easy for them to identify and myself as well to reconcile it when it comes back ;)

We have no hesitation to send dry cleaning out. Silk is extra (I think it was maybe $1.00 or $1.50 more for silk pyjamas as an example) but it makes sense as it has to be handled gently.

Fairly priced and well done. no problem in recommending it. To the best of my knowledge there is no package for drycleaning.

The unlimited laundry pricing (which is laundry only) appears to vary depending upon the cruise or voyage. Some have reported $7 per day, some $9 per day. Europe has been pricier but on our Prinsendam cruise it was less than $9 per day for those on the 30 day cruise if I recall our roll call conversations correctly - hope this helps[/QUOTE]

Yes very helpful. Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]There isn't an unlimited dry cleaning package. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I would not send silks out to be dry cleaned.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I have sent silks out and other things and never had an issue - in fact they come back better than I would have done them by hand;)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]We've never had a problem with anything we've sent out to be dry cleaned (no package) except for the time when their dry cleaning machine was not working for a couple of days ... but will only send DH undies to the laundry.

LuLu
~~~~ [/SIZE][/FONT]