this from jh:

Two items from another American Table I thought you would like to see are;

SLOW BRAISED ONION SOUP

Baked with a slice of homemade bread

freshly grated Gruyère and parmesan cheese

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Traditional cocktail sauce

This pretty much says it all:

"Carnival favorites such as flat iron steak with pepper and herbs, and veal parmigiana with spaghetti and tomato sauce will continue to be offered, as well.

Ok, how many here can say the "flat iron steak" is a favorite?

Who would be disappointed if it was replaced with something like a NY strip?

How much you wanna bet that cornmeal coated chicken will replace a more expensive dish, like the tempura shrimp?

Tilapia? That is a cheap, farm raised in china fish-yuck.

Typical CCL- they make down grades and call them upgrades, just like they call the insertion of a martini menu in the mdr as part of this "upgrade".

"Carnival favorites such as flat iron steak with pepper and herbs, and veal parmigiana with spaghetti and tomato sauce will continue to be offered, as well.

How much you wanna bet that cornmeal coated chicken will replace a more expensive dish, like the tempura shrimp?

Typical CCL- they make down grades and call them upgrades, just like they call the insertion of a martini menu in the mdr as part of this "upgrade".

Call me crazy but i like the flat iron steak when i get it at the Lido buffet.

Bill

The Veal Parm may be one of the worst items ever served in the MDR, they should just skip anything Italian

The flat iron is not a favorite either very dry and bland

I do like the new stuff, so tired of the old stuff

Showed samples to my vegetarian daughter. The cruise is to celebrate her graduation. She wants me to check into changing to another line. Not very vegetarian friendly unless you want sides all the time or can eat mushrooms, which she nor I can.

I agree. The other menu had way more vegetarian options than this. Cruising in March with my vegetarian boyfriend. Really hope his first cruise isn't a big disappointment because he won't have many options as far as food.

We actually enjoyed the flat iron steak but NY strip would be nice. The onion soup sounds really good, I love soup. I ate 2 bowls of onion soup in the steakhouse..lol..then I was so full I couldn't eat all my steak and don't even think about the sides I ordered. I felt a bit bad about that. I didn't order 2 bowls of soup, DH didn't like his because it had too much wine in it so I ate his.

I really really wish eateries would understand that not everyone likes white meat chicken. I hate it.

How do you know it was moved and not removed?

Because in another link for Carnival's newest press release made yesterday another sample menu was released and had spare ribs under American Table, not American Feast, which is the elegant night menu.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

The link I was talking about with spare ribs on non-elegant night.

And on that link people are complaining that the menu is on the table and not handed to them.

My goodness, people will complain about anything.

I honestly have no memory if my meals on Carnival have had table cloths or not. I do know they all had pretty chargers, which appear to be gone. But this isn't going to ruin my cruise.

Will family style options be waiter served? That seems like it would create a lot more work- but it would be VERY fancy. When we did a $200 per person meal at a steakhouse, all the apps came family style and the waiter went around the table and offered to each person, and then came again to offer seconds.

Ok, just read tyr link above and I am so sick of people complaining about germs! I work in healthcare and am around sick people all the time, but I myself am hardly ever sick. Someone is complaining now about the menu being inside a napkin because of germ transfers?! Ok, then what about the pre-set forks, spoons, and knives? Or the glasses, bowls, plates? And the tablecloth everyone is griping about not having on nights other than elegant night? That tablecloth isn't even sanitized or changed between patrons?! All of these items listed are touched and held by someone other than yourself. The person setting your table can transfer germs to those items as easily as anyone else! Touch any of those items and then proceed to rub your eye, nose, or mouth and you could get sick just as easily. Let's just complain about everything, right?! Some of you may say, "Well, I am more conscience of my hygiene than to touch my face at the dinner table." My reply is, "Your children are not." I have a 4yr old and it's nearly impossible to keep her from doing it. Let's complain just to be a nay-sayer and have something to entertain ourselves with today, shall we? :mad:

Ok, just read tyr link above and I am so sick of people complaining about germs! I work in healthcare and am around sick people all the time, but I myself am hardly ever sick. Someone is complaining now about the menu being inside a napkin because of germ transfers?! Ok, then what about the pre-set forks, spoons, and knives? Or the glasses, bowls, plates? And the tablecloth everyone is griping about not having on nights other than elegant night? That tablecloth isn't even sanitized or changed between patrons?! All of these items listed are touched and held by someone other than yourself. The person setting your table can transfer germs to those items as easily as anyone else! Touch any of those items and then proceed to rub your eye, nose, or mouth and you could get sick just as easily. Let's just complain about everything, right?! Some of you may say, "Well, I am more conscience of my hygiene than to touch my face at the dinner table." My reply is, "Your children are not." I have a 4yr old and it's nearly impossible to keep her from doing it. Let's complain just to be a nay-sayer and have something to entertain ourselves with today, shall we? :mad:

Some people approach life fearlessly and some fearfully. The choice is yours.

I can recall the dining experiences on prior cruises. I would be led to my table. Chair pulled out for me, napkin placed on my lap, and then my menu handed to me. The bread assortment was brought to the table and the waiter would offer you your choice and place it on your bread plate for you. You of course had a proper butter knife to go with your real butter. Between courses, yes courses - you would choose a soup, salad, appetizer, main, and then dessert, the staff would come around with a crumber and reset your place settings. Coffee was always offered and you never had to ask for your drinks to be refilled. Your needs would be anticipated.

It wasn't that long ago. I loved that experience. There was of course the Lido if you didn't want to have to sit through the dinner experience.

I understand that times change. I am excited to try the new menus, but I will always remember the way it used to be (guess I'm getting old ;) )

Could be because I haven't had lunch yet but that looks pretty delicious to me. Anyone else?

Definitely! My honey and I would both be very happy with that menu! Ceviche is hard to get, yay for kale very on trend and healthy, lots of seafood for me and prime rib and alfredo for him!

That looks like a great pleaser to me. And I'm not even a CCL fan anymore. I know a yummy menu when I see one. I wonder if they deliver on them being as good as they look?

I can recall the dining experiences on prior cruises. I would be led to my table. Chair pulled out for me, napkin placed on my lap, and then my menu handed to me. The bread assortment was brought to the table and the waiter would offer you your choice and place it on your bread plate for you. You of course had a proper butter knife to go with your real butter. Between courses, yes courses - you would choose a soup, salad, appetizer, main, and then dessert, the staff would come around with a crumber and reset your place settings. Coffee was always offered and you never had to ask for your drinks to be refilled. Your needs would be anticipated.

It wasn't that long ago. I loved that experience. There was of course the Lido if you didn't want to have to sit through the dinner experience.

I understand that times change. I am excited to try the new menus, but I will always remember the way it used to be (guess I'm getting old ;) )

I received all those things on my CCL cruises, only the led to my table and napkin placed in my lap was always at breakfast and lunch in the MDR, and at dinner only the first night, they never led you to your table at dinner in the MDR except the first night.

Quick question about the MDR wait team getting your drinks.

Was there any mention of adding more wait staff?

In the past the waiters seemed to be stretched pretty thin. If they now have to go to the bar to get drinks that would stretch them even thinner.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

The waiter is only going to take your drink order and put it in the computer, the bar staff will bring it to your table.

20 years ago when we started cruising it was very fancy hi end dining. Miss those days but prices are cheaper now than then also.

Then you had better stick with your other cruise lines, you only show one CCL cruise on your page, I don't believe you should be the one to make comments against CCL.

How many cruises must one take on a given cruise line before being allowed to have a disparaging remark?

Bill