Promenade Stateroom

Flyby

yes, I would absolutely do it! And this is coming from a frugal cruiser who doesn't usually spend additional dollars on the cabin, which could be better put towards other expenses, but for $140, this is a very good value.

Totally agree, extra room is nice and you lose that claustrophobic feeling.

We have had Promenade cabins twice on the Freedom and just three weeks ago on the Independence. We had cabin 8323 and were actually above Customer Service and looking down on the bridge that changes color leading to the Promenade. We could see the Royal Promenade sign. We heard nothing.

When more centrally located on the Freedom, we did hear the events with loud speakers - the parades and the 70's dance. None of this was much of a problem for us sleeping. We liked our location on the Independence.

I brought some clothes pins that would hold the sheers closed when I wanted them closed. They sheers have the shape of an open oval at the center from being pushed back to see, and do not close completely. At night, I always shut the drapes for privacy. The two couches give plenty of seating and the cabin is a good size. I would do it again. You will love the Independence!

We love the extra space in a PR cabin. We were on deck 7 on the Mariner in Jan. and never heard any noise that bothered us. The bed is positioned against the side wall as they are in balcony cabins. We had difficulty walking around the bed in the Insides we've had that were positioned on the back wall. If available we will always book a PR cabin. Most of our cruises were on Vision and Voyager class ships. We even had an inside cabin on the Majesty in the 90s. Now THAT was small but a great cruise.

One small minus - our cabin was a connecting one, although we were not travelling with anyone else. Due to this, sound insulation was reduced and there was a couple with a very small (five months max) baby in the next cabin. The first night on board, baby woke at 2am and cried for 30 minutes :eek: We were so afraid this would be a nightly event, but thankfully it wasn't although she used to have a cry most afternoons about 5pm when we might be trying to have a rest ourselves. We could near the couple talking, knew where they were from by their accents, and will make very sure that any cabin we book in the future is not a connecting one.

Edited by socialdancer

We had a Promenade cabin on Explorer last December and we loved it. We were on Deck 8. As a previous person mentioned, we had a connecting cabin and we could hear everything from the people next door (and we do mean EVERYTHING! :D :o). You would have more to worry about than just closing the curtains!

I would take a Promenade cabin again in a heartbeat, but making sure that it's not a connecting one.

We have a promenade room booked on the Liberty over New Years. It will be our first promenade room as we normally get balcony rooms however holiday cruises are a little pricier than what I wanted to pay for a balcony. Can't wait now that you have all did such good things about the rooms!

My biggest concern is that we booked 6313 and the deck plans show it is a connecting room. Although when I booked it my travel agent said his plans don't show it as connecting?! Funny thing is that it shows not connecting on Freedom or Independence but as connecting on Liberty. Thought they usually had very close to the same plans. Oh well, guess we will see for sure in 22 days!

We have been in a promenade several times and love it. It is great for people watching, including the parades etc. The most fun was watching a tennis shoe "sale" on the Explorer, it was a riot, it looked like something you would see on Black Friday.

We have always been on deck 6 above the pub and across from the pub and never had any problems, but we are not light sleepers and normally are not in bed before 11pm-----if you are a light sleeper go higher.

We will be in a promenade room again next year on the Explorer repo.

We will be on deck 8, directly across from the pub. I had really gotten confused when I looked at the deck plans while booking. It's too late to move, all promenades are sold out on our sailing.

So, we will make the most of it. We usually aren't in bed until midnight

and are out and about until then so I hope we don't have too much noise.

Looking forward to a new type of cabin for us.

We've sailed in a Promenade before. I really liked it. In fact we have one booked for our cruise on LOS in a few days. That said, not sure I would have spent an extra $140 for it. Noise wasn't an issue but we rarely go to bed before 1. Privacy was, we ended up keeping the blinds closed a bit. I found it wasn't useful to watch the parades. You could only see the characters beneath your window. Seeing to the extreme left or right was difficult. We started watching in our cabin and then ran out to the Promenade area so that we could have full views. I will tell you this though keep checking availability right up until the sail date. Our cruise has had so many price drops the OV's are cheaper than the Promenades were when we booked and a balcony is only $15 more pp. Also, even though certain categories may sell out, sometimes if a price drop occurs passengers currently booked will upgrade, and that promenade might become available again.

I just got off the indepencence and the Promenade stateroom surprised me. They say Royal Caribbean's interior are the smallest but it certainly did not feel like it. The only issue really is the space between the foot of the bed and the wall. Only one can pass in between. Lengthwise, there was a small sitting area plus a place to sit and look out the bay window onto the promenade. Another little issue was the window was a little blurry. I'm not sure if it was lack of maintenance due to inaccessibility or condensation that accumulates. I would book this room again in a heartbeat.

We stayed in Promenade room on Independence in March. I think it was 100% worth it. Just having that window made the room feel so much bigger and we really enjoyed people watching. One thing I hate about interior rooms is how dark they are all the time. we would maybe leave a crack in the curtain when we went to sleep and it made a big difference having that little bit of light coming in. Hope this helps make your decision!

We prefer the Promenade cabins when the kids are with us as we will get two adjoining PR's on deck 7 or 8. They are quiet (other than 45 minutes or so for a parade) and are centrally located in the ship. We have also found them to be a great bargain and often at or near the other interior cabin fares.