Operation Golden Anchor - NCL SUN- Flash Mob Marriage Proposal- November 30, 2013

rochelle_s

Congratulations to the Happy Couple and wishing them many many years of happiness!

This was a wonderful video bringing tears to my eyes. So great that many people came together to make it happen. NCL Crew and Pax are just the best!

Thanks for posting!

Thank you for the awesome share! It is a true testament to how far we have come! All of the cheers and clapping are proof of that!

And then to read through this thread to see there are no negative comments (well, one sort of neutral one...), that makes me even happier.

As the mother of a son who is gay, I want THAT for him!

Thank you for the extrodinarily positive message!!!!:)

(oh. and yes, I cried, too.:o)

I was on the November 20th 11 day sailing of the Sun to the Southern Caribbean. We had a fantastic roll call group with a member who was planning a marriage proposal aboard the ship. Lots of ideas were thrown around the roll call and many people were interested in helping out. What developed was a Flash Mob performed by the production and cruise staff of the Sun. They were absolutely amazing. They choreographed everything and held many late night rehearsals as well as working through their lunch times. A late night rehearsal was even held for fellow roll call members from here on Cruise Critic who also wished to participate.

It was not only an honour and a privilege to participate in Operation Golden Anchor but a whole lot of fun too! Congratulations to you both. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together.

Here is the YouTube video;

Rochelle

Rochelle,

How in the heck are you doing? Remember Jane and I from the HAL Zaandam B2B cruise to Alaska? We were always looking for whales and bears.. :):) Wonderful video, thanks for sharing.

Tom

How great

we had one on the breakaway in June - it was an outdoor party and dancing etc in H2) and all the dancers were there doing a routine, the cruise director announces there has been a draw for champagne and shouts the names of a couple who come out to collect it - she takes the bottle in her hands and he drops to one knee - fabulous

the entire crew were in on it as well as many guests

It was shown on the screens throughout the ship

of course they needed to buy the cruise DVD to get a copy!