Oasis - Stuck on the Zip Line?

FordCapri

It is a pretty good "optical illusion". It all becomes crystal clear if you cover up (yes, put your finger on your screen) the legs with the long blue pants.

It's clear that the two people are facing each other (kind of), and the rider with the yellow shirt is properly attached to his standard-adult-sized legs wearing jean shorts.

The "legs" underneath the yellow-shirt torso is actually just one leg (belonging to the white shirt torso).

Again, just cover up the "short legs" on the right - your eyes will be opened :D

Person on right is considerably shorter than person on the left which in turn makes person on the right smaller. Don't need glasses

I can tell you have good intentions with your comments about the Make A Wish foundation, however you're not seeing what is portrayed in the photo. 2 normal sized adult males facing each other (legs wrapped around and intertwined, right foot hiding behind the calf of the yellow shirt passenger) . Like many posters have said, probably stuck on the zip line.

Edited by tsconley19

I think the person must have been stuck in middle like I was in Costa Rica a couple of years ago about 300 feet up in the air. SCARY! I pulled on the brake way too soon and the tour operator had to come out and pull me in to the platform. I, for one, will never do another zip line again. :eek:

I can imagine whizzing merrily along for about 10 feet and then halting because I don't have sufficient body weight to advance me and getting a zip wedgie until I was rescued.

is there a minimum weight? I have been on Oasis and Allure but never did the zipline but might do it on a second Oasis trip.

Edited by Bookish Angel

that would not be fun getting stuck. I seen people get stuck on the one in haiti before.. I would think the one on the oasis/allure would be hard to get stuck on.. I looked down when I did it. then went for some johnny rockets :rolleyes:.. Glad I went before I ate

It is a pretty good "optical illusion". It all becomes crystal clear if you cover up (yes, put your finger on your screen) the legs with the long blue pants.

It's clear that the two people are facing each other (kind of), and the rider with the yellow shirt is properly attached to his standard-adult-sized legs wearing jean shorts.

The "legs" underneath the yellow-shirt torso is actually just one leg (belonging to the white shirt torso).

Again, just cover up the "short legs" on the right - your eyes will be opened :D

Yup - you're right! I see it now. I still have no idea what's going on in the picture, but at least I can see who's who :)

For more help: the person on the left is facing right - check out the bend in the arms. What looks like a dark harness around an arched back is actually pants/shorts (and a rounded back) that extend "under" the yellow shirt.

Thanks Todd!

I just dont see how could you get stuck on THAT zipline. I have gotten stuck in long, long zip lines. That lasts probably 2 seconds and I really dont see how could you get stuck? Maybe they didnt put their arnes right?

I don't think length of the line and equipment failure are necessarily related.

I don't have a clue, however, it clearly shows both men with their hands ON the cable, so I'd say someone is in trouble and the other is trying to help.

Maybe the passenger freak because the harness was hurting his boys (so my son told me how it is), and he stopped and tried to rearrange himself mid way and got stuck. Then the RCI staff is trying to pry his fingers loose from the cable. :eek: just sayin'.....

I just dont see how could you get stuck on THAT zipline. I have gotten stuck in long, long zip lines. That lasts probably 2 seconds and I really dont see how could you get stuck? Maybe they didnt put their arnes right?

The person may have gotten to the end and went backwards from the landing platform if the crewman didn't get them stopped correctly. I don't think they teach riders to self-rescue as they do on land-based zip lines, so I'd guess the crewman had to go out and pull the guest in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by DarthGrady

I don't have a clue, however, it clearly shows both men with their hands ON the cable, so I'd say someone is in trouble and the other is trying to help.

Maybe the passenger freak because the harness was hurting his boys (so my son told me how it is), and he stopped and tried to rearrange himself mid way and got stuck. Then the RCI staff is trying to pry his fingers loose from the cable. :eek: just sayin'.....

Trust me, you can't just stop yourself half way through the ride to adjust anything.... including the "boys".

The person may have gotten to the end and went backwards from the landing platform if the crewman didn't get them stopped correctly. I don't think they teach riders to self-rescue as they do on land-based zip lines, so I'd guess the crewman had to go out and pull the guest in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Actually, on Oasis and Allure, if you don't prepare for your stop you don't go backwards you keep going forward until you hit something that doesn't give and doesn't feel good.