New to Seabourn

barcrab

We are considering a Mediterranean trip in April on the Quest and have a few questions:

1) Are there any issues with category A staterooms?

2)What is current smoking policy on Seabourn and does it impact non smokers?

3) Is food/service fairly comparable to Crystal?

Personally, I would avoid A suites as they are far forward and around a corner. Step up to A1 which are amidship and not much more expensive.

Smoking is permitted in one part of the Observation Lounge. It bothers some but if you sit far enough to the other side (arrive early) it's not a problem. For me, that is.

It's been a long time since I was on Crystal but I would say the food is at least comparable but that is subjective.

We are considering a Mediterranean trip in April on the Quest and have a few questions:

1) Are there any issues with category A staterooms?

2)What is current smoking policy on Seabourn and does it impact non smokers?

3) Is food/service fairly comparable to Crystal?

1) I think I was moved from an A1 to an A - they couldn't just move the drawers as the A was smaller and so was its furniture

2) I've had issues in the Sky bar on windy days

3) I haven't been on Crystal since before they went to their version of AI. On my first Seabourn cruise the food and service were miles ahead of Crystal. Everywhere. On my second cruise the food was hit and miss and the restaurant service was for the most part far below crystal. I think the problem was some seriously inept management from the HM on down. On neither cruise was I ignored until the end of the cruise and then lavished with attention in hopes of a tip as I have been on Crystal.

Edited by baychilla

Keep an eye on the price, and if it drops ask for an upgrade. We booked, and paid for, an A category suite on the Quest, and ended up in a V5.

However, if we hadn't got the upgrade we would have been happy enough in that A suite.

Never book a suite or category with which you would not be content. You may be even happier with an upgrade, but you shouldn't count on it happening!

Hi,

Welcome to Seabourn! I'm sure you will love it :-)

The smoking policy is due to change in Feb 2014.

Smoking will only be permitted on one side of the Observation Bar AFTER 8 o'clock, which is good news.

We have never had a problem at the Sky Bar (deck9). You can just move elsewhere if it were an issue.

And on Deck 4, with no balcony, smoking will be nonexistent after Feb as guests will no longer be able to smoke in their suites!

We did he TA on Quest in Oct/Nov and the food was excellent - as it always has been on the Quest. Sojourn in S America was a little less so but still on the whole, very good. On a Mediterranean itinerary it should be excellent regardless of ship!

Bon voyage!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just returned from Sojourn.

If you are a non-smoker, avoid the observation lounge at all costs until the whole ship becomes non-smoking. We found it very hard to find somewhere to sit after dinner as one bar was full of smoke and the other had unbearably loud music.

Have been on Crystal but too long ago to make a comparison.

The amount of smoke in the Observation Bar will depend on the number of smokers on-board any particular cruise, where they choose to smoke, and how considerate they are. On our last cruise, consisting of two segments, the first segment had more smokers than the second. On the second we never had any issues, on the first there were some times we avoided sitting near where smokers were allowed at the Sky Bar or the Observation Bar (actually the Constellation Bar since we were on the Pride). A few years ago we were on a cruise where there were some folks who seemed incapable of not smoking for more than 5 minutes at a time, so it all depends on your fellow travelers and unfortunately there is no way to predict in advance. Personally while I would prefer smoking not be allowed in any public place or on the verandas it will not stop me from enjoying the experience that is Seabourn.