Favorite Food Item From Last Cruise?

Susie B.

I'm curious if others have a particular favorite food item that stands out in their memory from a recent cruise.

For me it was the lemon meringue pie on the Reflection from 11/16 sailing. I had it twice at the Porch restaurant.

Just finished a cruise, stayed in Aqua class.

Top appetizer would be the Soft shell crab, I was temped to order a few and turn them into a main.

The boneless shank was amazing it was wrapped in crisp bacon to hold it together.

The lobster was excellent, best I have had on a ship it was served in the shell but in a broth.

but we just disembarked Century...for the 3rd time in 13 months..and the food...IMO...was NOT that great...and certainly not up to the standards we had the last 2 cruises...or on other X ships. We were told...by one of the "higher ups" that they were" switching chefs"...the "old one had not left yet and the new one was now here". TBH...we were shocked at the low level of quality...out of 15 nights...we only thought we had 3 "good" dinners.

We are "die-hard" X cruisers...but after this experience...we may have to take another look! We have a cruise on Infinity in Feb... and will be hoping that the food is much better! LuAnn

Short rib lasagna in the MDR.

I was so disappointed that this disappeared! It was not on our Oct 13 cruise on Solstice. We were on a 12 night so we didn't get all 14 menus, but waiter confirmed it was gone. They did have a wonderful braised beef short rib over polenta, but it was nothing compared to the lasagna. There were a lot of great dishes, but I still love the simple French onion soup.

I was so disappointed that this disappeared! It was not on our Oct 13 cruise on Solstice. We were on a 12 night so we didn't get all 14 menus, but waiter confirmed it was gone. They did have a wonderful braised beef short rib over polenta, but it was nothing compared to the lasagna. There were a lot of great dishes, but I still love the simple French onion soup.

We had it on our 12 night cruise on Equinox (Nov 13th) :)

I'm curious if others have a particular favorite food item that stands out in their memory from a recent cruise.

For me it was the lemon meringue pie on the Reflection from 11/16 sailing. I had it twice at the Porch restaurant.

I went to the deli and had a pastrami sandwich. I forgot how good they were. :p;):D

Definitely agree on the bread--seems to be the one thing the cruise lines really excel at. I've sailed on Celebrity, HAL, Princess and RCI, and the bread has been great on all four.

Particularly enjoy the AcquaSpa Café on Celebrity.

Just did a blog posting on this same topic. - Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com