transportation to Doubletree gallery one

Joie

3 Years ago when we were there post cruise they had a big SUV that would take you to the airport for a fee which I can not remember but it was reasonable. I would call them and see if they will pick you up at the airport.

Apparently the Doubletree gallery One hotel does not have transportation from the Ft. Lauderdale airport....anyone know best way to get there and approx. cost?

thank you

Apparently the Doubletree gallery One hotel does not have transportation from the Ft. Lauderdale airport....anyone know best way to get there and approx. cost?

thank you

I hired a shuttle to go there for $8/pp from the airport.

Did you pre-book this or just walk outside and find a shuttle ready to go?

Any company you recommend?

Actually I haven't gone yet. Our trip is in April. I usually would not recommend something I haven't tried yet but since you asked here it is:

http://www.johnscarservice.com

There are 10 of us and we decided this shuttle is the best option for our group. It will be $80 from the FLL airport to the Doubletree.

I just stayed here this weekend. Great property. Try to get a high room. I had a view of the intercoastal, port Everglades, and ocean. Staff were very friendly.

Back to your question, I lucked out and SAS driver took me directly here from POM instead of me transferring to a cab at the airport. I took a cab to FLL from hotel and paid $25 including tip. I appreciated that valet called a cab that they knew and "trusted".

I just stayed here this weekend. Great property. Try to get a high room. I had a view of the intercoastal, port Everglades, and ocean. Staff were very friendly.

Back to your question, I lucked out and SAS driver took me directly here from POM instead of me transferring to a cab at the airport. I took a cab to FLL from hotel and paid $25 including tip. I appreciated that valet called a cab that they knew and "trusted".

I had SAS booked and then they told me that they do not service the Doubletree hotel which I thought was strange so I switched to another shuttle service.

that was very nice.....what is the shuttle service that DOES go to the Doubletree gallery One?

I hope we can get a room facing the ocean....kids would enjoy that.....our reservation says city view though !!!!

that was very nice.....what is the shuttle service that DOES go to the Doubletree gallery One?

I hope we can get a room facing the ocean....kids would enjoy that.....our reservation says city view though !!!!

Maybe ask for a room that won't get the street traffic noise. Try a tip if that doesn't work. It was really worth it. You won't want to get off the balcony.

I don't think that you can see the ocean from the Gallery One. It's a few blocks from the ocean and there are at least 3 high rise buildings in between. It is on the intracoastal waterway, so if your room has a city view it will be facing west, towards the mall.

We stayed at the Double Tree last year and loved it, we were a party of 10 and all involved had a great stay. We have used SAS Transportation many times in the past but discovered this year that they no longer service this hotel.

After researching Cruise Critic we have booked through GOMJSTRANS for this February's cruise, they responded quickly to my email and for a party of 6 they are charging us $10 per person from Fort Lauderdale airport to the Hilton.

I stayed at the Double Tree Gallery One in November. I walked out of the airport and found a shuttle service for $11 per person. I had to wait a while and when no one else wanted the Double Tree, they put me in a limo for $11. The driver was great, I gave him $20 instead of $11 and he was very happy. And so was I. It was still a few $$ less than a cab.

Got a room on the 12th floor with a panoramic view of the ocean and some high rises, but what a view, both north and south.

Watched the ships come and go. Wonderful stay. I'm staying there again in March.

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing in March and need transportation from Port of Miami to Doubletree Gallery One, as we are having a post-cruise stay at Doubletree Gallery One for one night. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!! :)