Norwegian Sun-Activities?

MrBanana1240

We are considering the Norwegian Sun for Thanksgiving next year. We have heard its a rather boring ship with little to do. Can anyone please explain the activities availible onboard this ship? Thanks.

Take a look at this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40888389&postcount=56

The white hot party is one event:

Edited by C Cruise Dude
add more

We are considering the Norwegian Sun for Thanksgiving next year. We have heard its a rather boring ship with little to do. Can anyone please explain the activities availible onboard this ship? Thanks.

Boring is in the eyes of the beholder..I guess. We just finished 10 days on the Sun and loved every minute of it, our third cruise on her. But what we enjoy might not be at all what you enjoy. What do you want the ship to have for you?

The Sun is my favorite ship. Booked for third time.

Boring is subjective. For me there is plenty to do and sometimes I prefer to be bored aka relax.

If you wants bells and whistles maybe the Sun is not the best choice for you, but it is lived by many.

Maybe you can immerse yourself in reading Sun reviews and see if you can picture yourself and your family on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just got off 11 days on the Sun and was never bored once! Their activities staff keeps a wide range of activities going all day. At night, there are wonderful shows in the main theatre as well as multiple other performers at various venues throughout the ship. We had 5 sea days and I still didn't find enough time to just chill and read a book. There was so much I wanted to take part in. There are recent freestyles for the Sun posted somewhere on CC so perhaps do a search for them and see if the activities sound to your liking.

My answer would duplicate the others already posted here. If you are looking for glitz and glamor the Sun will not be a good choice for you. If you are looking for hairy chest, pool contests and rock climbing, look to another ship, but if you want to have a good, relaxing time, with great shows, a few late night activities, organized daytime games, etc you will have a great time. I don't know if you have children, but if you do, they will love the kids club or at least, most kids do. No, do not expect to be entertained every minute, if you are into a lot of organized things, you will be disappointed. I love the Sun and have never been bored on her.

We were on the Sun Nov 2013 and had a wonderful time. True the Sun does not have a big water park thing, and may be a liitle slower pace ship, but as comments above "how can you be bored on a cruise" unless you are a person who must be entertained. I can always find something to do, or not do,,,,,,,, LOL :o:o:)