Cozumel dock party?

GORDONCHICK

We sailed on the Star last year for New Year's. The Star and Pearl were docked together in Cozumel and there was a huge dock party between the two ships - crew and officers dancing, singing, welcoming passengers back to the ships, etc. Is that still going on? Also, we will be on the Jewel, and I think I see the Jewel docking at the International pier, which is my least favorite. There was a rotation for ships at Punta Langosta (fav Coz pier) last year, with the out ship tendering in - anyone have info on this either?

Yep, just happened this Friday. The dawn and pearl were docked at coz side by side. The pearl brought out a huge set of speakers and began a jam session and before long crewmen and officers were out having a massive dance off from both ships.

I watched from the deck of the dawn and it was pretty cool to see. The pearl waited until the dawns carribean band had finished playing on her pool deck and then cranked up the tunes.

The dawn and pearl docked at lagosta pier and the jewell docked at the intl dock along with the carnival magic, navigator of the seas and the allure of the seas.

There was a French flaged working vessel "ile de batz" tied up at the third birth at lagosta (or however its spelled)

Yep, just happened this Friday. The dawn and pearl were docked at coz side by side. The pearl brought out a huge set of speakers and began a jam session and before long crewmen and officers were out having a massive dance off from both ships.

I watched from the deck of the dawn and it was pretty cool to see. The pearl waited until the dawns carribean band had finished playing on her pool deck and then cranked up the tunes.

Same thing a few weeks ago on Friday of the cruise. It was HUGE and really cool, LOUD, stilt walkers, lots of fun. With the two ships side by side it was really loud.

Same thing a few weeks ago on Friday of the cruise. It was HUGE and really cool, LOUD, stilt walkers, lots of fun. With the two ships side by side it was really loud.

Photos from that sailing . . .

Cozumel%20Reboard%201-XL.jpg

Cozumel%20Reboard%203-XL.jpg

Cozumel%20Reboard%202-XL.jpg

Cozumel%20Reboard%206-XL.jpg

Fun experience for a 'Welcome Back'.

We have noticed that all NCL ships do this on their last port of call. Having two NCL ships at the same pier really cranks things up.

I've only known of this being done at Cozumel with NCL, and it's never our last port. I hate docking at the International Pier. I may not even get off the ship unless I find something to entice me.

We did the Star last year (Dec 16-23rd) and it was Star and Pearl. It was a blast.

Looking forward to it next week, sailing on the Pearl on the 15th.

Hey, I was on that cruise as well and love to see the party when we're coming back. :D

We have had this happen with every NCL cruise with Cozumel being the last stop.

So now my question...we will be on the Jewel next week and I noticed our papers said that we will be "tendering" in Cozumel. There's supposed to be 7 ships in port this day. :eek: So should I assume that we are actually tendering right by the other 2 NCL ships? Or will they take us down to International?

If you are at one of the other ports, do they still have the welcome back party for that ship?

How many ships fit at the other 2 ports?

One last question, if Jewel does tender to port right there at Punta Langosta, where does the tender take you to? More toward the port or closer to the other 2 ships?

Hey, I was on that cruise as well and love to see the party when we're coming back. :D

We have had this happen with every NCL cruise with Cozumel being the last stop.

So now my question...we will be on the Jewel next week and I noticed our papers said that we will be "tendering" in Cozumel. There's supposed to be 7 ships in port this day. :eek: So should I assume that we are actually tendering right by the other 2 NCL ships? Or will they take us down to International?

If you are at one of the other ports, do they still have the welcome back party for that ship?

How many ships fit at the other 2 ports?

One last question, if Jewel does tender to port right there at Punta Langosta, where does the tender take you to? More toward the port or closer to the other 2 ships?

We will be on the Jewel the week after you, and from what I can tell, it looks like Coz has plans for the Jewel to dock at the International Pier. If you tender in, there's a tender pier that's almost right next to Punta Langosta, so it's right downtown just north of Punta Langosta. I hope this is true: http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2013.html#.UqXBt_RDs4c

As you can see, the week I'm on, Coz is our 1st port, probably because of Christmas. Also, this schedule only shows 5 ships in port the week you're on, and that's not many. Actually, 10 isn't bad as long as 2-3 of them aren't the mega ships.

We will be on the Jewel the week after you, and from what I can tell, it looks like Coz has plans for the Jewel to dock at the International Pier. If you tender in, there's a tender pier that's almost right next to Punta Langosta, so it's right downtown just north of Punta Langosta. I hope this is true: http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2013.html#.UqXBt_RDs4c

As you can see, the week I'm on, Coz is our 1st port, probably because of Christmas. Also, this schedule only shows 5 ships in port the week you're on, and that's not many. Actually, 10 isn't bad as long as 2-3 of them aren't the mega ships.

NM need to clean my glasses this morn ;)

Edited by che5904

Funny, this party happened in Nassau this past July when Sky was docked next to Pearl! We were on Sky and from our balcony we could see the Pearl staff dancing and partying, accompanied by Sponge Bob and Patrick, with music blaring. A stilt walker and other staff came from Sky and the party continued! This was our first NCL cruise so we just thought this was typical.:)

Heather

We just returned from the Jewel, and our last stop was Cozumel. We were suppose to tender but we ended up docking at the Puerto Maya Pier next to the Carnival Magic. There were 3 NCL ships (Jewel, Pearl, & Dawn), 1 Carnival (Magic), and 2 RCCL (Navigator & Allure).

When we got back from our excursion, they had the welcome back party going in full force, music blaring, Avitar and then Sponge Bob welcoming back the guests... it was fun, and even more fun to watch from our balcony. I wonder what the people on the Magic were thinking as the returned and had to walk around the party to get to one of the 3 gangways they had down to get back on the ship.

Hmm, looking at that schedule for the week we are there, it does say that all 3 NCL ships will be at the Punta Langosta pier. I guess I don't understand why they would have a bigger ship with "more passengers" tender. That's more passengers to get off the ship. :eek:

Looking at the schedule for the week after us it still shows the Jewel being at Punta Langosta as well. :confused: 24-Dec Norwegian Jewel 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Punta Langosta 2,376 NCL 965

The schedule shows that there are 6 ships in port the day I'm there (which isn't right either, there are supposed to be 7 ships there that day according to the other websites), which is a lot. The link above is missing the Carnival Sunshine on it's list. Allure will also be there as well. I would say it's going to be one heck of a crowded day in Cozumel when we are there. :eek:

Hmm, looking at that schedule for the week we are there, it does say that all 3 NCL ships will be at the Punta Langosta pier. I guess I don't understand why they would have a bigger ship with "more passengers" tender. That's more passengers to get off the ship. :eek:

Looking at the schedule for the week after us it still shows the Jewel being at Punta Langosta as well. :confused: 24-Dec Norwegian Jewel 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Punta Langosta 2,376 NCL 965

The schedule shows that there are 6 ships in port the day I'm there (which isn't right either, there are supposed to be 7 ships there that day according to the other websites), which is a lot. The link above is missing the Carnival Sunshine on it's list. Allure will also be there as well. I would say it's going to be one heck of a crowded day in Cozumel when we are there. :eek:

I've been in Coz when 10 ships were in & it still wasn't bad. Coz handles it much better than Grand Cayman, IMO.

The welcome back party is usually held on the last port of call. On the recent Jewel cruise the last port of call was in Costa Maya so we had our welcome back party there. It was a ton of fun to see familiar crew faces out having a good time and welcoming us warmly back. The Mexican guards on the pier who were using the ship as shade didn't seem too happy with all the noise but eh... it was for us, not them! :D

On the day when the Dawn leaves Bermuda they usually do the same thing pier side to welcome everyone back and get the mood up for cast off. The party usually continues up on the pool deck to say bon voyage to the last port.

Carmen - I like your quote at the bottom of your signature! :)

Do anyother ships do this at any other ports? I got to experience it once in cozumel and it was terrific. Would love to see this on my 12 Sun cruise coming up.:D

We have experienced this on numerous NCL ships several times during a week's cruise. It was not just a one-time thing. Great fun!

The welcome back party is usually held on the last port of call. On the recent Jewel cruise the last port of call was in Costa Maya so we had our welcome back party there. It was a ton of fun to see familiar crew faces out having a good time and welcoming us warmly back. The Mexican guards on the pier who were using the ship as shade didn't seem too happy with all the noise but eh... it was for us, not them! :D

On the day when the Dawn leaves Bermuda they usually do the same thing pier side to welcome everyone back and get the mood up for cast off. The party usually continues up on the pool deck to say bon voyage to the last port.

Carmen - I like your quote at the bottom of your signature! :)

Wow really? I didn't realize they would do it at the last port if it wasn't Cozumel. That's awesome. We have never had a cruise that Cozumel wasn't last. Good to know.

I'm also glad to see they do this in Bermuda. That gets me excited. :D

We sailed on the Star last year for New Year's. The Star and Pearl were docked together in Cozumel and there was a huge dock party between the two ships - crew and officers dancing, singing, welcoming passengers back to the ships, etc. Is that still going on? Also, we will be on the Jewel, and I think I see the Jewel docking at the International pier, which is my least favorite. There was a rotation for ships at Punta Langosta (fav Coz pier) last year, with the out ship tendering in - anyone have info on this either?

That has been our experience on trips that had two NCL ships docked side by side in 2011 and 2012....but we ALSO experienced it being done with just the Jewel in September 2013....dancers, entertainers on stilts.....music with the speaker thing....really fun!

So not sure why some are saying it is NOT being done on the Jewel....