Independence of the Seas

Epinz300

Does anyone have a review with pictures of Independence of the Seas, preferably to the Caribbean? Looking to sail her in March for Spring Break but want to check out some pictures first

Here are a couple for you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1796236&highlight=independence+review+with+pictures

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1782311&highlight=independence+review+with+pictures

If you go to the search box on the upper right corner and plug the information you will find a wealth of information.

Jonathan

Here are a couple for you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1796236&highlight=independence+review+with+pictures

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1782311&highlight=independence+review+with+pictures

If you go to the search box on the upper right corner and plug the information you will find a wealth of information.

Jonathan

That second review is mine. :) And while all Freedom ships LOOK the same, there are some differences with Independence, most notably the lack of a gift shop with American items.

Sometime you post very lucid comments and then other times...

The last 5 RC ships I have been on are basically exact copies of each other with minor differences such as artwork

All the restaurants, stores, bars, ect have the same names.

All the RC ships basically look the same, inside & out..

The question is... Is this a good or bad thing?

I actually like the idea of them being the same. Saves a good half of day on not getting lost on a new ship. :D

The question is... Is this a good or bad thing?

I actually like the idea of them being the same. Saves a good half of day on not getting lost on a new ship. :D

I like the layout being the same but it would be nice if the ships had more of a unique theme that sets them more apart from each other.

I knew all the Freedom class ships were the same but until I got on the Navigator did I realize that these ships are almost exactly the same as the Freedom just a little smaller.

Carnival does a good job with decorating the ships very differently with individual concepts & colors. All the ships are very different.

How about the ports? I have been to all three, ; Cayman, Falmouth, and Haiti.... I know Haiti is a beach day, and for me Falmouth will be a relaxing shopping type day... I want to take my girlfriend and I to the turtle farm and to see the sting rays... does anyone have a reliable excursions company to do these with without going through RCL? Although depending what the price difference is, maybe RCL is the way to go?

The last 5 RC ships I have been on are basically exact copies of each other with minor differences such as artwork

All the restaurants, stores, bars, ect have the same names.

I like the layout being the same but it would be nice if the ships had more of a unique theme that sets them more apart from each other.

I knew all the Freedom class ships were the same but until I got on the Navigator did I realize that these ships are almost exactly the same as the Freedom just a little smaller.

Carnival does a good job with decorating the ships very differently with individual concepts & colors. All the ships are very different.

That is because Freedom class ships are just stretched versions of the Voyager class. The Sovereign, Radiance, Voyager/Freedom, and Oasis classes are quite distinct from each other. Though I agree that the ships within a class are very similar. But I would think that should be expected.

Edited by Ocean Boy

How about the ports? I have been to all three, ; Cayman, Falmouth, and Haiti.... I know Haiti is a beach day, and for me Falmouth will be a relaxing shopping type day... I want to take my girlfriend and I to the turtle farm and to see the sting rays... does anyone have a reliable excursions company to do these with without going through RCL? Although depending what the price difference is, maybe RCL is the way to go?

I think a private company for excursions on Grand Cayman is a great idea...it's such a safe, easy place for tourists. Try trip advisor for excursion companies and ideas:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147365-Activities-Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html

Also, go to the Ports of Call>Caribbean>Grand Cayman board on Cruise Critic for more ideas!