Question on Cruise Documents

macbest

..when you book a hotel package pre cruise.you get the all the PRE cruise transfers..airport to hotel, hotel to ship....

Thanks Jan for clearing that up.

We got ripped off then! :mad:

Well I still enjoy Oceania and hopefully some day the res dept personnel will be as good as the crew on board.:)

Guest Jancruz

Hi,

If you feel you were over charged, I suggest you call your TA and I am sure he/she can get you some kind of credit..

Jan:)

Hi,

If you feel you were over charged, I suggest you call your TA and I am sure he/she can get you some kind of credit..

Jan:)

Thanks Jan

This was last June and still waiting for a reply from letter sent to Oceania so I have given up on that refund! We also talked with Bruno while onboard and didn't get anywhere as he could not see that transfers were paid for even though we had the hotel package.

In future I will be booking my own air and transfers if we get to go with Oceania or any other cruiseline .

I think I have beaten this topic to death now so will give up. :)

For what it's worth . . . just returned from Athens yesterday. I had free air and transfers were included. Met up with a couple at the airport in Istanbul who did NOT have cruise transfers, but they took them anyway. I don't think it would work in the other direction, though.

Although I did have a "cruise ticket" it was not needed to board the ship, just my passport. Same for the transfers; never needed to show them. I was "in the system," so to speak.

Just got my documents for 8/17 sailing of the Regatta Dover to Stockholm. My husband's name was listed as Mrs. Loren Grace instead of Mr. Loren Grace. Should this matter at the dock or at customs? I don't think it should matter but just thought I'd ask. On the airline plane ticket receipt his name was mispelled it was Loran instead of Loren. I called my travel agent and unfortunately I am learning the hard way. BE CAREFUL and make sure you have a good agent!!! Ours is lousy and this trip planning has been very difficult from the prices being incorrectly quoted, to having to book my own ship excursions to having difficulty getting the names corrected. Ocenia would not even discuss a name change with me as I am not the travel agent.

Another question: I noticed that the tickets said embarkation is at 3:00 pm. We will be leaving on a flight a day before, flying all night and getting to the pier at about 11:30 am? My husband is 6'6 and never can get much sleep on the planes. Are there day rooms anywhere near the Dock in Dover? Will Oceania allow you to come on board sooner. Any suggestions.

Just got my documents for 8/17 sailing of the Regatta Dover to Stockholm. My husband's name was listed as Mrs. Loren Grace instead of Mr. Loren Grace. Should this matter at the dock or at customs? I don't think it should matter but just thought I'd ask. On the airline plane ticket receipt his name was mispelled it was Loran instead of Loren. I called my travel agent and unfortunately I am learning the hard way. BE CAREFUL and make sure you have a good agent!!!

For the name change ask your TA to notify Oceania and the airline to make a note on your file that the spelling is incorrect (no change fee)

My ta had to do this as they spelt my first name wrong on my airticket...my file with BA was flagged and they let it through.

The cruiseline is not so immportant but as long as they are aware of the problem.

You could always check in at the dock and see if you can board early but the cabins will not be ready to 3pm and you are only allowed on 2 decks (9 & 10) but he may be able to snooze in the terminal!

Archived