Cruise Reviews-- Frustrated!

Man, I appreciate the discussion... but I think some of you really like to go on here and act like you're the be-all, know-alls. They do wanna, go- they just pointed out the bad reviews.

Update: They are booked in a D-2 (got lucky, the price dropped $100 from this morning!) and are excited.

I wasn't asking whether or not you all thought they wanted to go or not, I was just pointing out some of the ridiculousness of some people's reviews (i.e. things like "menu doesn't change at all from day to day)

Sorry... what's even more frustrating is that I've been coming to these boards since 2006, and I've seen it go from great to just ok bc some people have a huge inflated ego and constantly start fighting with people. It's a little nuts!

I needed this! Thanks.

We recently returned from our first cruise in several years and with a line we had not previously used.

We were so frustrated with the food, not that we are foodies, but it was so unappetizing and service was horrible and staff was not clearing dirty dishes.

It didn't spoil our cruise but I thought cruising was over for us.

Surprise, going to try RCCL again and boom, just read horrible reviews about the ship and the food.

Perhaps I should stop reading reviews.

It helps me, though to keep updated on what is new.

I know a trip is what I make of it and we met a wonderful couple.

Man, I appreciate the discussion... but I think some of you really like to go on here and act like you're the be-all, know-alls. They do wanna, go- they just pointed out the bad reviews.

Update: They are booked in a D-2 (got lucky, the price dropped $100 from this morning!) and are excited.

I wasn't asking whether or not you all thought they wanted to go or not, I was just pointing out some of the ridiculousness of some people's reviews (i.e. things like "menu doesn't change at all from day to day)

Sorry... what's even more frustrating is that I've been coming to these boards since 2006, and I've seen it go from great to just ok bc some people have a huge inflated ego and constantly start fighting with people. It's a little nuts!

So sorry to have offended you in some way. I was just posting my experience with my N laws. I don't believe my ego is involved. Have a nice day:rolleyes:

I had never heard of cruise critic until spring of 2013. DH and I were booked on Jewel for mid July. Often we cruise by ourselves and thought CC could give us a way to meet others who would be on the same cruise as we were going to be on.

That worked out delightfully. Reading the reviews, made me wonder, "How could we have possibly had 13 cruises, that were so much better than the ones these people were writing about".

We went on our 1st cruise, knowing nothing about cruising -- except that our friends had done it and had fun and they were going with us on our first cruise.

That first cruise hooked -- we had a blast on Navigator. We have cruised on almost of the various ship sizes from Majesty to Liberty...and July 2014 will be on Allure.

We have ALWAYS had a ball.....no cooking, no grocery shopping, no cleaning, just pack once and see several places, entertainment and activities to amuse us....and spending wonderful relaxing time with each other and friends....with the ability to MEET NEW FRIENDS.

What could be bad. Nothing....and if something isn't right, RCCL works to correct it while I am on board....good service as well.

Man! When I think back on all the bad reviews before I went on my 1st cruise on Sovereign Of The Seas......WOW! In spite of I went anyway and did not experience anything like the stuff I had read! I was wondering if I was making a big mistake. It was the best time I had on a vacation and started me cruising!

The food thing always cracks me up cause I see full MDR's full Windjammer's etc when I am on a cruise! It amazes me to see all the people on CC that eat in 5 star restaurants and eat gourmet meals all the time or so it would seem. it seems like only a very small percentage of people ever go to places like Chili's, Applebees, Outback, buffet restaurants, etc and expect to get a Ruth Chris meal on a ship that is feeding 2,000 plus people a day. I'm so glad that my palate and taste enjoys various types of food and can always find something suitable to eat! Even with Pizza people say that Pizza Hut and Papa John's isn't real pizza and would be caught eating it. Heck last night I got a pizza to take home from Costco :eek: after shopping there and it was damn good!

You said it better then I could.

Hope you and your lovely wife have a very Merry Christmas.

I wonder how many people really do eat in 5 star restaurants considering there are about 30 in the country and several states don't have any. I skip food reviews as taste buds differ and I prefer to make my own decision.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Reviews will never stop me from cruising BUT 80% of reviews pointing to a problem would make me skip that particular ship. For example, one ship I have been on had an AC problem for the entire week in the Caribbean. Very uncomfortable in the room. Just about every review I read mentions the same problem. I will cruise that line again but will not cruise that particular ship.

Same would happen if I saw a ship sailing on code red every cruise for 3 months. I would sail a different ship. So sometimes the bad reviews will help me to make that choice.

Nothing wrong with my ego...I and quite possibly the other's who posted similar advice was simply trying to point out that MAYBE their comments on the reviews was not as it seemed at face value....it was meant as a discussion nothing more...enjoy your cruise...and hopefully your friends will become hooked as well....

So we're trying to convince a couple to come aboard with us last minute on our upcoming cruise. Prices are great!

I get hit this morning with "have you read the cruise critic reviews??"

Looked at what they were talking about... people saying things like "the menu's each night in the MDR never changed except for 1 item"

I know everything's subjected, but do some people just not pay attention? Of course that's something we all know is false- of course they change.

Other things like people saying everything besides that and the Windjammer were extra (didnt mention cafe promenade, Sorrentos) and that the shows were all "sold out" so they couldn't go.

Frustrating bc I've been on 19 cruises with Royal and never experienced those things. Now I've got to make my friends "take my word" :o

It appeared that you were really struggling using the terminology that you were using, therefore some of us were just trying to help.

I didn't notice seeing in any of the other posts anyone insulting or fighting with anyone else. I would have thought that since you did post your frustrations that you were seeking input.

Edited by Jojo's Mama

nothing wrong with my ego...i and quite possibly the other's who posted similar advice was simply trying to point out that maybe their comments on the reviews was not as it seemed at face value....it was meant as a discussion nothing more...enjoy your cruise...and hopefully your friends will become hooked as well....

Guys chill...seriously.

It just seems like anytime someone posts a new topic lately, fights over this message board break out. It's irked me reading a lot on here.

I'm bowing out of posting anymore, and will delete my account. Back to just enjoying my cruises.

Farewell CC

You posted your thoughts.

You didn't ask a specific question so others could pinpoint a response.

People shared their thoughts.

Nothing seemed extreme or rude.

I didn't read anything that seemed much like "fighting."

The responses were overwhelmingly supportive of your thoughts.

Your original post stated that you were trying to convince your friends to go not that they wanted to go and reviews convinced them they shouldn't.

Two (?) people suggested that maybe your friends were not that committed to cruising. Seemed like a valid possibility.

You went on to use insulting language towards those posters.

But you don't like it that people "start fights" on the board.

Peace on Earth; Good Will Toward Men

Guys chill...seriously.

It just seems like anytime someone posts a new topic lately, fights over this message board break out. It's irked me reading a lot on here.

I'm bowing out of posting anymore, and will delete my account. Back to just enjoying my cruises.

Farewell CC

WOW! Overreact much? :eek::rolleyes:

See folks, try to help someone and this is what you get. No good deed goes unpunished. Good riddance.