Spirit will sail without us!!

lujaha

Just home from Heathrow Airport, having had our flight to Barcelona cancelled and they couldn't get us out to catch the boat! I suppose the moral of the story is always travel to the port the day before you sail. I have never done this before and always been fine, but next time ???

So now we have to board at Casablanca and miss 2 days of our cruise. We are flying to Casablanca tomorrow via Madrid and will have to stay in an hotel overnight. Not sure if the insurance will pay or not for the extra expense.

All messages of sympathy will be greatly appreciated. Anyone had a similar experience?

I am so sad for you, I can't imagine the stress that this has caused. I hope when you do get to board that the rest of your trip will be amazing - well actually - try for amazing at the hotel to begin with :D

I truly hope you enjoy!

Sorry! I feel for you... We almost missed the a Jade last spring due to a flight delay. We ended up missing our Ncl transfer to the port, grabbing a €150 taxi we were lucky to find and boarded one hour before sailing! I have an idea how you must have felt.

Well... A good travel story to tell in the future ;)

Have a blast anyway!

Just home from Heathrow Airport, having had our flight to Barcelona cancelled and they couldn't get us out to catch the boat! I suppose the moral of the story is always travel to the port the day before you sail. I have never done this before and always been fine, but next time ???

So now we have to board at Casablanca and miss 2 days of our cruise. We are flying to Casablanca tomorrow via Madrid and will have to stay in an hotel overnight. Not sure if the insurance will pay or not for the extra expense.

All messages of sympathy will be greatly appreciated. Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks for all your kind replies. I have heard from the travel agent who booked the cruise and we are booked into 5 star in Casablanca for tomorrow night and transfers arranged all free of charge.

At the moment it is quite foggy here again. We live only a short distance from the airport. Hoping it will be ok tomorrow, everyone keep fingers crossed for us. If I don't post again tomorrow you know we have gone!

I think I would be so panicky I wouldn't be able to function.

I've always wondered how you would make reservations on such short notice. At least you could do it from home. My nightmare would be standing on an empty dock in a strange city and wondering what to do next.

We always go in a day early, but twice now missed a connection where we still didn't make it to the ship until sailing day. We once got to the ship on Barbados 45 minutes before sailing time.

I know just how you feel, you have my sympathy. We were victims of the volcanic ash cloud back in 2010, our flight to Miami was cancelled at the last minute and we missed the cruise altogether, however we were able to rebook as luckily our insurance company footed the bill and we had a wonderful cruise in the Caribbean.

We have booked this cruise on Spirit in March and am now wondering if we should change our arrangements and go a day early…um.

Enjoy your holiday and i hope all goes well with the flight tomorrow.

I hope today's fog didn't cause you any problems.

Don't beat yourself up about not going the day early - with a 2 hour flight, and loads of flights each day, and several airports within a 2 hour drive, it seems quite sensible to travel the same day. Besides, it's been a really bad few days for flight delays - completely out of the ordinary and exceptional.

Have a wonderful time, we went a few weeks ago and loved it!