New Princess "Season of Savings" Sale!

gottagocit

Pam, do you think that the TA's give better rates since they can do group rates vs PVP's? I booked BA midship on Caribe for the eastern caribbean you mentioned. The PVP applied $100.00 for an onboard sales promotion and another $50.00 for referring our friends that will be cruising with us for a total of $150.00 OBC's. Just wondering...

Warm Regards,

Sharon

do you think that the TA's give better rates since they can do group rates vs PVP's? I booked BA midship on Caribe for the eastern caribbean you mentioned. The PVP applied $100.00 for an onboard sales promotion and another $50.00 for referring our friends that will be cruising with us for a total of $150.00 OBC's. Just wondering...

First off, a TA can offer the exact same pricing and promotions that a PVP can. This includes any onboard sales promotion (are you referring to Future Cruise Certificates?) and the friends referral program.

A discount TA can just offer that at a lower price to the customer.

A discount TA that has reserved group space can offer all that at an even lower price.

A good non-discount TA can give you the exact same pricing and benefits as a Princess PVP.

A poor non-discount TA will charge you more than Princess would.

A discount TA can just offer that at a lower price to the customer.

A discount TA that has reserved group space can offer all that at an even lower price.

A good non-discount TA can give you the exact same pricing and benefits as a Princess PVP.

A poor non-discount TA will charge you more than Princess would.

All this and more.

A good discount TA who books a lot of Princess cruises gets lower rates to start with. Some book 30-40/day.

A good discount TA does not necessarily work for a large online agency.

A good discount TA often discounts their commission so their customers pay even less.

The bottom line is to use whom you're most comfortable with but if you find a good discount TA who provides excellent service, they're worth their weight in gold.

Edited by Pam in CA

Begins tonight. Doesn't look like it'll help us as the first few months we'll be tied up (after our 'free' 5 day in early January) but maybe some of you can find a deal that works for you.

:)

I had not been doing my 'homework' and had missed that sale. Just called and got $500 (total) off.

Thanks Again.

A few days ago, the rate for our BA April 13 Royal cruise was much higher than when I booked at labor day sale. For the heck of it I went online again and this time the rate for the cabin was $350 less per person, with the same OBC as I had before. I just called up Princess and the fellow I spoke with just saved us $700.00. So apparently during this current promotion, the fares are still changing. There is another sale I think starting next week? The representative just said keep watching the sales and if the price goes down again, they will be happy to lower the fare again.

Last summer we took a Celebrity Reflection cruise- which was wonderful--but Celebrity is not good with price drops- the sales usually say for new bookings only. We only ended up paying a little more than the lowest sale price-- But that is why I am surprised at Princess for their very generous price drop allowance! We have 1 more month until final payment....

I had not been doing my 'homework' and had missed that sale. Just called and got $500 (total) off.

Thanks Again.

Sure! Glad it saved you some $. This board has helped me many times so I'm glad when I can return the favor on occasion.

Thanks for this! I spoke to my TA and got $200 off our April 23rd Pacific Princess sailing plus an additional $100 in OBC. We don't mind the non-refundable deposit as we would only cancel due to illness etc. and we have insurance. This is why I love Cruise Critic!