Dumb Dora

Remember the game show Match Game.

Question #1 - Dumb Dora was so dumb she forgot to do what before the cruise.

Answer - Renew her ID.:eek:

Tonight my mom tells me a lady going with us this week who is the kids baby sitter forgot to new her ID. The flight to FL is tomorrow morning. I don't know if she'll be allowed to get on the flight. If that works I'm unsure she can get on the ship.

And this person watches your kids:eek:

Hmm, not a lot you can do at this point; you need a valid photo ID to fly. So no worries about the cruise; she's not getting to port. You could try having her "pass off the old one" but then if she gets caught you will be stuck waiting around with her and miss your trip entirely, instead of getting to go and just having to watch your own kids. Send her home and go on your cruise with mom, use Adventure Ocean. It's free.

No passport and doesn't drive. She was travelling with birth certificate and state id.

Plan b is I'm out of money for flight and cruise because I paid for her.

However this turns out, I'm getting on the ship with or without her.

Bummer that you are out that money - but that's what I'd do, she caused enough trouble! Enjoy your vacation!

you need a valid photo ID to fly.

Actually, this isn't completely true. According to the TSA web site:

We understand passengers occasionally arrive at the airport without an ID, due to lost items or inadvertently leaving them at home. Not having an ID does not necessarily mean a passenger won't be allowed to fly. If passengers are willing to provide additional information, we have other means of substantiating someone's identity, like using publicly available databases.

That said, traveling without photo ID is very difficult and one isn't guaranteed to get through the security checkpoint. My son traveled with a friend and his friend was able to board in one airport without his photo ID, but then at another airport, TSA denied him. I was frustrated that TSA's enforcement of their policy was inconsistent between the two airports, but that's the way it is.

It is possible to fly without a valid id - at least on a return flight. I lost my ID in Vegas once and after some research on the internet I found out that it isn't easy, and takes some time, but there are contingencies for folks without ID. I just ran the search again and saw a bunch of info (google the question). Luckily I finally tracked down my ID at a restaurant so didn't have to try it out!

Good luck!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I encountered a situation this past Sept, a friend of ours was joining me on a Coastal cruise, she needed to renew all forms of ID, Passport, marriage ( Name change since first PP) & BC. I was paying for my curise regardless and had to explain to her, without a PP, she wasn't going to fly to Vancouver and I couldn't take a chance she would be denied boarding and I wouldn't leave her stranded in Vancouver if she got that far. She backed out of going with me. If she had gone then she would pay for her half, incl air and 1 nite hotel. To trump this she started having emotional problems so there was no way I would take her, this all came up after she asked to go with me since my DH didn't want to go.

Photo ID is not required to fly, that is a misconception. The TSA website has information oñ what to do. Expect some extra time clearing security on both ends.

As for getting on the ship....not sure if they require it to be current. Best to call them as opposed to flying on strangers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Of course Dumb Dora is not her real name.

Flight leaves Chicago at 11:30. Not possible for her to go to DMV and make the flight in time. Chicago can be a mad house.

Oh well, I'm going to the office for half day. I purchased flight and cruise for the entire family. If she cannot take care of a simple expiration, she's s*** out of luck.

Call the airline and the cruiseline. I have a friend who lost his driver's license right before a cruise. He did have his previous driver's license, which had expired 5 years earlier. Both the airline and the cruiseline (Carnival, in this case) accepted the expired driver's license. They put a notation on his reservations, and no questions were asked upon check in.

See if the airline/cruiseline will work it out with your friend.

Remember the game show Match Game.

Question #1 - Dumb Dora was so dumb she forgot to do what before the cruise.

Answer - Renew her ID.:eek:

Tonight my mom tells me a lady going with us this week who is the kids baby sitter forgot to new her ID. The flight to FL is tomorrow morning. I don't know if she'll be allowed to get on the flight. If that works I'm unsure she can get on the ship.

Help me understand something...I'm confused. It's still early enough in the day, right NOW, to go to the Dept of Motor Vehicles (or wherever your State IDs are issued) and get a new valid ID, isn't it? I'm not being critical, but couldn't you be driving her there instead of online with us?!? LOL ;)

Hope that you're not referring to me, as I'm not trolling. I think that by the time I expressed my concerns, she had given some more clarity to her post. Now I understand the OP's situation better.

No, not you! I think the OP is a troll! Why would TSA not check someone's ID because they are 21? It's not a bar.

Stop it! OP is not a troll, my goodness. He has been here for 6 1/2 years and is not trolling in this thread. You are way out of line with your personal attack.

I am sorry. I didn't mean to attack. Why would someone not need to show their ID to TSA because they are 21?

I am beaten down. I will go hide in my silent corner now.

Edited by Mystaken

I am sorry. I didn't mean to attack. Why would someone not need to show their ID to TSA because they are 21?

I could be wrong but I took it as though the OP was surprised they didn't check her ID being she's 21.