Martinis with 1-2-3-Go Card/Plan??

TLCOhio

For our upcoming, fourteen-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 4, 2014, Solstice Sydney to Auckland/NZ cruise adventure, one of the members of our group had this question on that favorite issue . . . ship drinking!!?? Thanks to the 1-2-3-Go free drink package, we've got a good deal. But, one of the couples traveling with us are big martini drinkers and want to use that free cards in the Martini Bar and Crush. How well will that basic card work for martinis in those two places?? Or, is it a definite must-do to buy the upgrade if they want the more acceptable options in those or other bars?

Personally, I am more about margaritas. I've been told on the ship with this 1-2-3-Go card, that I can get the margaritas. They won't be the big, BIG versions, nor with the top-shelf stuff, but it will work well enough for our interests at most ship bars, as I have been told for margaritas. Right?

Reactions? Added info, experiences and insights from those on the Solstice-class ships in recent months?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 152,111 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

We had the Classic package on Millennium last week and drank at the Martini bar most nights. The way it works is that you can only have a limited number of Martinis - Classic, Dirty, Cosmopolitan, Apple Martini and Manhattan and they are half the size of the usual Martinis served there.

If they want a wider range of Martinis they could upgrade to the premium package where, I believe, you get the full range of Martinis on offer. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

No problem getting Margaritas with the Classic package

Edited by Bobal

We had the Classic package on Millennium last week and drank at the Martini bar most nights. The way it works is that you can only have a limited number of Martinis - Classic, Dirty, Cosmopolitan, Apple Martini and Manhattan and they are half the size of the usual Martinis served there.

If they want a wider range of Martinis they could upgrade to the premium package where, I believe, you get the full range of Martinis on offer. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Same rules on the Silhouette 11/18/13 cruise.

We look at it this way: Upgrading to premium is $11.50 PP/PD. That's basically the price of one regular sized Martini. Well worth it to us, considering the specialty coffees, waters and juices that came along with premium. We upgrade on board at the first bar we see. Easy.

Edited by marieps

Upgraded before embarkation on the same cruise to premium. Well worth it and takes all the calculating out of the equation. Just order!

Upgraded before embarkation on the same cruise to premium. Well worth it and takes all the calculating out of the equation. Just order!

With the MSU victory last Saturday you should be enjoying your drinks:)

Best to the family

Bob

PS...any halavah left?

We look at it this way: Upgrading to premium is $11.50 PP/PD. That's basically the price of one regular sized Martini. Well worth it to us, considering the specialty coffees, waters and juices that came along with premium. We upgrade on board at the first bar we see. Easy.

It was my understanding that specialty coffees, water and juices come with the Classic package also.

It was my understanding that specialty coffees, water and juices come with the Classic package also.

Yes all specialty coffees (except the ones in the back of the last page under Other favorites) along with fresh squeeze juices come with the classic package. Sparkling water and Evian are in the premium package.

Yes all specialty coffees (except the ones in the back of the last page under Other favorites) along with fresh squeeze juices come with the classic package. Sparkling water and Evian are in the premium package.

Exactly. We prefer San Pel water at breakfast/dinner and Evian during the day. An Aspen coffee is also very nice. Not available on Classic.

I had the Aspen daily back in June. I had the classic beverage package.

Thanks so much for correcting me. I also could never understand why some bartenders would insist on giving a quart/liter of water when I ony wanted the small bottle.

Thanks so much for correcting me. I also could never understand why some bartenders would insist on giving a quart/liter of water when I ony wanted the small bottle.

I loved the giant bottle of water, especially when going out on the port of call! haha

With the Premium package all the Martini's ordered were covered with the exception of the flight. So e on here have reported that the flight was covered.

There may be some confusion. A flight-sized single martini may be ordered at the Martini Bar on the Classic pkg, but the real flight I think is 20 bucks, so no pkg covers that.

• 3 months later...
For our upcoming, fourteen-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 4, 2014, Solstice Sydney to Auckland/NZ cruise adventure, one of the members of our group had this question on that favorite issue . . . ship drinking!!?? Thanks to the 1-2-3-Go free drink package, we've got a good deal. But, one of the couples traveling with us are big martini drinkers and want to use that free cards in the Martini Bar and Crush. How well will that basic card work for martinis in those two places?? Or, is it a definite must-do to buy the upgrade if they want the more acceptable options in those or other bars?

Personally, I am more about margaritas. I've been told on the ship with this 1-2-3-Go card, that I can get the margaritas. They won't be the big, BIG versions, nor with the top-shelf stuff, but it will work well enough for our interests at most ship bars, as I have been told for margaritas. Right?

Reactions? Added info, experiences and insights from those on the Solstice-class ships in recent months?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 152,111 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I don't believe there was an answer posted specifically whether the martini bar offered martinis under the classic package on Solstice. Since practices seem to vary by ship, can you please tell me what your friend's experience was on your Solstice cruise? I'm hoping I won't need to upgrade. Thanks!

With the Premium package all the Martini's ordered were covered with the exception of the flight. So e on here have reported that the flight was covered.

With Premium were the martinis the normal size or the smaller size?

With Premium were the martinis the normal size or the smaller size?

With the premium package you get the full size martinis which normally are $12 (+15%) each.

Mike in Ohio

I don't believe there was an answer posted specifically whether the martini bar offered martinis under the classic package on Solstice. Since practices seem to vary by ship, can you please tell me what your friend's experience was on your Solstice cruise? I'm hoping I won't need to upgrade. Thanks!

Sorry to repeat, but this thread keeps getting hijacked back to premium package questions. Still need to know if I can get a smaller martini at the SOLSTICE martini bar on the CLASSIC package. I was able to get them on the Equinox but want confirmation from someone who's been on the Solstice. Thanks!

Sorry to repeat, but this thread keeps getting hijacked back to premium package questions. Still need to know if I can get a smaller martini at the SOLSTICE martini bar on the CLASSIC package. I was able to get them on the Equinox but want confirmation from someone who's been on the Solstice. Thanks!

Yes, the small martini is available, but only in certain flavors on Solstice. Not all of their fancier martinis are available in the small sizes.

Yes, the small martini is available, but only in certain flavors on Solstice. Not all of their fancier martinis are available in the small sizes.

Thank you for your response! Do you recall of the gin/cucumber was offered under the class package? I think it was called Eurikatini or something similar.