Tree for christmas cruisers

We ordered one 3 years ago. There was only one size available at that time. It was 18-24 inches (can't quite remember). It was small. It teetered if you touched it. However, I sail with kids and it was certainly better than nothing. It was worth the cost to have a tree. I would go with something bigger if they have it.

We are also sailing this Christmas. HAL doesn't offer trees. They have a thousand and one ways to buy alcohol, but no Christmas trees. :( So, I'm packing my own. Yup, I'm trekking about 5000 miles, each way, with a tree in my luggage. :p

We ordered one 3 years ago. There was only one size available at that time. It was 18-24 inches (can't quite remember). It was small. It teetered if you touched it. However, I sail with kids and it was certainly better than nothing. It was worth the cost to have a tree. I would go with something bigger if they have it.

We are also sailing this Christmas. HAL doesn't offer trees. They have a thousand and one ways to buy alcohol, but no Christmas trees. :( So, I'm packing my own. Yup, I'm trekking about 5000 miles, each way, with a tree in my luggage. :p

I don't blame you for taking a tree! Merry Christmas.

Oh, How amazing about the trees! Question: My friends from our neighborhood are going on Allure Dec 15th. I would like to "gift" them one of the amazing cute little Royal Christmas trees in their cabin. I of course do not know their cabin number, don't want to ask as it will ruin the surprise. I know their name and am a C and A member. Can I call Royal and order one and pay for it , have it delivered to the cabin as a surprise! Or is that not going to work? Advice??:confused:

Thank You!

Oh, How amazing about the trees! Question: My friends from our neighborhood are going on Allure Dec 15th. I would like to "gift" them one of the amazing cute little Royal Christmas trees in their cabin. I of course do not know their cabin number, don't want to ask as it will ruin the surprise. I know their name and am a C and A member. Can I call Royal and order one and pay for it , have it delivered to the cabin as a surprise! Or is that not going to work? Advice??:confused:

Thank You!

I did that last year. My Aunt was sailing and I just had to let RCI know the date, ship and her name and they were able to find her reservation and place the order for me. She loved the surprise.

We are also taking our own tree. Actually 2 trees, one a traditional pine Christmas tree and the other is a decorated palm tree in keeping with the southern theme for Christmas this year. Also several strings of battery operated lights for the cabin.

I bought a little table top tree in a box at Walgreens the other day for 10bucks. Came with one strand of lights and some little ornaments. For 10 dollars, it is pretty nice. Would be perfect for a cruise cabin !

Would pack easily into a suitcase.

We are spending cruising over Christmas and I found thru gifts and gear fully decorated trees you can purchase for your stateroom. They look really cute. They have 2 different sizes. Has anyone ordered these before? If so, how did you like it?

I bought a tree 4-5 years ago when we did our first Christmas cruise. Probably $10 from Walmart. Got a few decorations for probably $5 and my tree is great. Take it with me whenever we do a Christmas cruise. On non years, I put it up in the house along with our regular Christmas tree. Little tree is great and will take it next year again when we plan to cruise over Christmas

We looked at the trees thru gifts and gear earlier this week. They cost more than a five foot tree at home. Went to Walmart today and found a comparable tree for $10 that I will be bringing with us. Also bought garland and some door decorations. Still need to get a few more stocking stuffers for the kids and then I should be all set!

Hi all

I've looked a the gift section on the website, but cannot see any Christmas decorations being displayed for purchase. Is this only applicable for US guests / via the US RCCL site?

Ta :)

I cannot imagine it would be for US guests only but it does say only available in US Ports. If you are not leaving from a US Port that may be why you cannot see them. The trees are in the Floral Expressions section of Gifts and Gears.

Here are the details if you want to try ordering them on the fax form or by phone:

A Jolly Holiday Tree - 18 Inch

Item# 250

$51.99 USD

A Jolly Holiday Tree - 24 Inch

Item #251

$62.99 USD

Celebrate the holidays in style with these jolly holiday trees. These trees come already decorated and will be delivered to staterooms on Embarkation day (same as flower bouquets*).

Only available in US ports

gft_holiday_trees_147.jpg

It's more then I would like to spend, but we typically get a floral arrangement for the room around the same price. I think it will be nice having the scent of pine and some Christmas spirit added to the room. Now all I have to do is get thru work for another week. Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy your Christmas cruise (for those going over Christmas)

We have been sailing over Christmas since our boys started college (six years now). I bought a tree, box of ornaments, and garland from our local dollar store for each of our rooms ($6 total). My boys loved it, and the intention was to leave it on the ship. Well, I've packed it up and repacked it now six times and they still look great and gives us a little Christmas feel in our stateroom.

First time we were away over Christmas, I got a "pop up" tree (basically a garland wrapped over a collapsible cone shaped frame. ours is 4.5 feet tall and has a bottom diameter of abour a foot across.

It weighs about 2lbs. and requires no tools to assemble. coupled with a strand of battery powered lights and it is a festive (although not terribly authentic) addition to our cabin. It collapes back down for transport (it comes with a box, but I put it in a cloth case for easier packing.

I got mine years ago (and still use the same one) at a specialty store, but I saw something similar at Target.

Edited by Onessa

Didn't even know they had this sort of thing available, but ordered one last night for our upcoming Xmas cruise on FOS..

Expensive, yes... but for me, worth it to "feel" a little bit more like Christmas...

You are so welcome! I think it will be nice also to have some "Christmas" added to the room! Enjoy your tree and happy Christmas sailing!

We have been sailing over Christmas since our boys started college (six years now). I bought a tree, box of ornaments, and garland from our local dollar store for each of our rooms ($6 total). My boys loved it, and the intention was to leave it on the ship. Well, I've packed it up and repacked it now six times and they still look great and gives us a little Christmas feel in our stateroom.

That's really cool!

One reason the Christmas decorations may be pricey is that all natural trees and evergreen boughs must be treated with fire retardant.

Makes sense. I ordered one for each of our 4 cabins but very sad to know that we cannot take them off the ship. I understand the reasons why but still...too bad.

Happy Holidays to all!!

We ordered a tree a few years ago on the Freedom. It was really nice to have the Spirit of Christmas in the room. It was all decorated and worth the money for the smiles in our opinion. Merry Christmas.:)

nice to know. Merry Christmas.

Edited by Folk Singer