First timer to Oceania sept 2014

karska

Opinions on insignia . Know it's back next year. Considering Monte Carlo to London. Will be first time on a small ship. Is there bar entertainment. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes, there is entertainment in the bars. There is a pianist nightly in the Martini Lounge

Regatta-Martinis-3.jpg

And after the show in the Main (Insignia) Lounge is over, there is dancing, sometimes to live music, sometimes with a disc jockey) in Horizons, which is the Observation Lounge at the top of the ship.

Oceania_Regatta_027.JPG

The three Oceania R class baots REGATTA, INSIGNIA and NAUTICA offer the most wonderful cruise experience in all aspects . So just BOOK relax and look forward to the most wonderful cruise experience . OCEANIA is our favourite cruise line. They do everything so well and professionally. Best of all there are no ships photographers jamming their cameras in your face at every hour of the day and night . Best value quality cruise experience on the seas. Just do it.

Edited by kuldalai

we LOVE the smaller ships for many other reasons.

The piano player is always GREAT,no matter which ship,it seems.

Also, like the small string orchestra in hall at nite.

We DO go to the song and dance shows,but tend to avoid the magicians,comedians,etc.Plus, venues are NOT PACKED like the big ships.

Give it a TRY,see if its for you,good luck.:)

No loud music please. I am interested in the overall experience. The ports are our main attraction plus ship size. We are going to do concierge level, as we see ph is below pool, bar deck. Thinking that might be noisy. Plus not sure the ph is worth 2000 more. Also I'm reading good reviews on the food. Last cruise was on Celebrity with 2000 passengers. Originally we were looking at Regent Voyager Baltic. But too chilly that time of year.

No loud music please. I am interested in the overall experience. The ports are our main attraction plus ship size. We are going to do concierge level, as we see ph is below pool, bar deck. Thinking that might be noisy. Plus not sure the ph is worth 2000 more. Also I'm reading good reviews on the food. Last cruise was on Celebrity with 2000 passengers. Originally we were looking at Regent Voyager Baltic. But too chilly that time of year.

You'll love Oceania! Most people report almost no noise from above in the PH and for some:)the space and butler are worth it.

You'll love Oceania! Most people report almost no noise from above in the PH and for some:)the space and butler are worth it.

assoc.with the PH on the R ships.Like the bathtub,hot room service full breakfast,butler,extra dining res.in spec.rest,etc....I find the reg.cabins a little small.Not like the larger Oceania ships were we can book concierge level.

We like the lack of long lines for buffets,shore exc.,pool chairs,etc...also LOVE the no formal nites.Once you go small, you never go back.:)

Oh, have never had loud noise from above in PH.

Edited by alexandra cruiser

Would anyone have a concern cruising the Insignia once it's back and refurbished? And do you know of anyone going Sept 6 2014

I have no concerns with Insignia or any other O ship before or after refurbishment. Looking forward to the additions on the R-ships.

As for Sep 6 take a look in the Roll Call section of CC, from the main Community Forum page where you selected this forum under Cruise Lines or a link just at the top of each thread such a this one. Find your ship then the specific cruse and you can join up with other posters on that sailing

Karska

We are booked on the Monte Carlo to London cruise on 6 September - our fourth on Oceania. We find the total Oceania experience to be excellent. Insignia will be all the better for a refurbishment - especially the addition of Barristas as coffee has not been a strong point.

There is a rather slow roll call in operation which you could view and then join if you decide to book.

Karska

We are booked on the Monte Carlo to London cruise on 6 September - our fourth on Oceania. We find the total Oceania experience to be excellent. Insignia will be all the better for a refurbishment - especially the addition of Barristas as coffee has not been a strong point.

There is a rather slow roll call in operation which you could view and then join if you decide to book.

We're considering concierge level, not sure ph worth the price difference. It's port intensive. Do women dress at night, smart casual or better.

:)

Opinions on insignia . Know it's back next year. Considering Monte Carlo to London. Will be first time on a small ship. Is there bar entertainment. Thoughts would be appreciated.

JimandStan has answered re entertainment. Just keep in mind that you will not get production shows in the showroom.

I truly hope that would not put you off, since the R ships of Oceania, Azamara, etc are just a wonderful size. You actually get to know people on your cruise since there are less than 700 pax on board. Ships are an IDEAL size having been on four so far and just love them!

Another reason I hope you book is that we have a very quiet roll call for this cruise which my sister and I are booked on, and we welcome with open arms another poster on our Roll Call. Made our air arrangements yesterday - flying RT Paris since we will be staying there post cruise, and in Monte Carlo 3 days pre-cruise.

I look forward to seeing you sign up on our Roll Call! :)

Donna

JimandStan has answered re entertainment. Just keep in mind that you will not get production shows in the showroom.

I truly hope that would not put you off' date=' since the R ships of Oceania, Azamara, etc are just a wonderful size. You actually get to know people on your cruise since there are less than 700 pax on board. Ships are an IDEAL size having been on four so far and just love them!

Another reason I hope you book is that we have a very quiet roll call for this cruise which my sister and I are booked on, and we welcome with open arms another poster on our Roll Call. Made our air arrangements yesterday - flying RT Paris since we will be staying there post cruise, and in Monte Carlo 3 days pre-cruise.

Donna[/quote']

We're going to stay in London afterwards. Then thinking to go to Paris, our favorite city, then fly home from there. So obviously doing air on our own. As I said previously we originally were going to do Regent Baltic brrr. But love this itinerary and weather.

I truly hope that would not put you off' date=' since the R ships of Oceania, Azamara, etc are just a wonderful size. You actually get to know people on your cruise since there are less than 700 pax on board. Ships are an IDEAL size having been on four so far and just love them!

Donna[/quote']

Are you flying into Nice?

Are you flying into Nice?
e

Not sure if we will fly or take the train since we have lots of time before we can check in to The Fairmont. But will probably fly, then take the airport bus to Monte Carlo and save the $$$ from taking a limo service there which runs 50 euros IIRC. I believe the airport bus stops in front of the Fairmont, and it's very reasonably priced leaving us money to spend in very expensive Monte Carlo.

You will love the ports on this cruise. We were on an almost identical itinerary on the Regatta a couple of years ago and have been looking to repeat this cruise, this time in the reverse from last.

Hoping to see you on-board the beautifully refurbished Insignia! :D

Donna