Quick report from the Zuiderdam

magandab

The good:

Our AC is working just fine.

The food has been very good.

The not so good:

we've heard reports of AC and plumbing issues made to the NL concierges. It's hard to get cold water in out bathroom. It's warm or hot.

We are on day 4 and have yet to meet our cabin stewards. The room gets cleaned, but no plate/knife for fruit, laundry bag was not replaced, no corsages for the first formal night.

Weather is spectacular. Sees are described as rough, but we've had no issues.

The good:

Our AC is working just fine.

The food has been very good.

The not so good:

we've heard reports of AC and plumbing issues made to the NL concierges. It's hard to get cold water in out bathroom. It's warm or hot.

We are on day 4 and have yet to meet our cabin stewards. The room gets cleaned, but no plate/knife for fruit, laundry bag was not replaced, no corsages for the first formal night.

Weather is spectacular. Sees are described as rough, but we've had no issues.

Thank you for reporting in and I am sorry to hear that the AC and plumbing issues are continuing on the Zuiderdam.

I hope you enjoy your cruise and that your AC continues to work. That Panama heat is dangerous without AC.

Good to hear from you - and happily you are not affected by the issues you overhead in the NL. A previous review of the Zuiderdam reported cabins in the vicinity of the Neptune Lounge having a/c problems so I guess those still haven't been fixed.

Hope the spectacular weather continues for you, and smoother seas.:)

We got off the Zuiderdam on Monday (12/9) after the 11/29 - 12/9 half-panama cruise. No A/C or plumbing issues reported that I know of. However, the ship was only about half full, approx. 900 passengers. How full is this sailing? I suspect that passenger loading on the A/C and plumbing may affect their operation; i.e. fewer passengers, less loading on the systems, fewer problems.

Art

We got off the Zuiderdam on Monday (12/9) after the 11/29 - 12/9 half-panama cruise. No A/C or plumbing issues reported that I know of. However, the ship was only about half full, approx. 900 passengers. How full is this sailing? I suspect that passenger loading on the A/C and plumbing may affect their operation; i.e. fewer passengers, less loading on the systems, fewer problems.

Art

Hey Art!! We were on the ship with you:) And now that you've posted you also had no problems maybe some of what hubby and I said during our cruise might be believed.

I do hope that Tender/Life Boat #12 passed it's CG Inspection.

I truly hope that what magandab has heard "we've heard reports of AC and plumbing issues made to the NL concierges. It's hard to get cold water in out bathroom. It's warm or hot." is a one time/limited event for the person(s) reporting it to the concierge.

The only plumbing problems we know of was in 6158 our friends stateroom the last 2 mornings.

Back to bed for me.

Joanie

Hey Art!! We were on the ship with you:) And now that you've posted you also had no problems maybe some of what hubby and I said during our cruise might be believed.

I do hope that Tender/Life Boat #12 passed it's CG Inspection.

I truly hope that what magandab has heard "we've heard reports of AC and plumbing issues made to the NL concierges. It's hard to get cold water in out bathroom. It's warm or hot." is a one time/limited event for the person(s) reporting it to the concierge.

The only plumbing problems we know of was in 6158 our friends stateroom the last 2 mornings.

Back to bed for me.

Joanie

Exactly. You cannot profess to know what is happening in all cabins, therefore all reports are invaluable and not to be discounted just because you or your friends did not experience it. Of course what you and your hubby reported about your own experience is believed - why wouldn't it be? -as is everyone else's reports.

Edited by startwin

Exactly. You cannot profess to know what is happening in all cabins, therefore all reports are invaluable and not to be discounted just because you or your friends did not experience it. Of course what you and your hubby reported about your own experience is believed - why wouldn't it be? -as is everyone else's reports.

Of course everyone's report is to be believed. Everyone has their own experience and nobody's report should be discounted.

It is impossible for one person to get around to speak with every passenger to know what each and every person is experiencing so nobody can speak for the overall conditions experienced in every cabin.

It seems on the Zuiderdam, that it is just luck of the draw whether one's AC or plumbing works and I believe what they report--- either way.

My husband and I discovered that the only way to get cold water was to turn the tap (lever style) all the way to the right (cold) and don't have your hands under the water when it first comes out. Sometimes it started very hot and took a while to cool down.

It's lovely to have hot water instantly if you want hot water. Not that we ever tried it, but I'm sure that someone could brew a hot cup of tea with the water that came out if the lever was all the way to the left.