Flash Drive found in Constellation Cabin 8181 safe

C 2 C

While cleaning out our safe in aft family view stateroom 8181, I found a flash drive labeled "llene".

There are files including Mark & Lauren wedding and a Detroit bike race.

I believe that the owner has connections to the post office operations in Detroit.

If the former occupant is a Cruise Critic follower, they may be in luck.

Did you turn it in to Celebrity?

Everyone should be in the habit of double checking the safe when departing including looking under any loose linings and run your hand against the front wall. We have twice found and turned in expensive jewelry we discovered left in hotel room safes. Neither item was visible when looking inside.

While cleaning out our safe in aft family view stateroom 8181, I found a flash drive labeled "llene".

I believe that the owner has connections to the post office operations in Detroit.

Contact Celebrity as the owner may have registered the loss with Guest Relations or Celebrity - Just a thought, the ship has face recognition software - Could this assist with finding the owner?>

At minimum, anyone using flash drives, SD cards or other portable media should include a file with information on how to contact the owner if found. I hope that you are successful in reuniting this flash drive with its owner.

I actually attach a tiny ID label (Brother P-Touch machine produced) to each and every SD card and digital device I have just in case of such a misplacing.

Too late for whom-ever left their stuff in the safe but not a bad idea.

Edited by A Sixth?

Hello Cruisenut, thank you for posting this. Would you mind contacting our Lost Luggage department at 800-256-6649. They should be able to help locate the guest who lost the flash drive.

Hello Cruisenut, thank you for posting this. Would you mind contacting our Lost Luggage department at 800-256-6649. They should be able to help locate the guest who lost the flash drive.

I just contacted them and the information has been recorded. If I hear nothing I will turn it in on our Eclipse cruise in January.

I wonder why the op did not turn it into guest relation on board :confused:

I can't speak to the OP's motivation, but I suspect that there is a better chance of the owners getting it back with the OP's assistance than might have been the case had it been added to the ship's lost and found collection.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the ship does with lost and found at the end of a cruise? In the case of a valuable item, I could see them being proactive in trying to track down the owners, but what do they do with the hundreds of personal items that get turned in that have little monetary value?

Edited by Fouremco

I can't speak to the OP's motivation, but I suspect that there is a better chance of the owners getting it back with the OP's assistance than might have been the case had it been added to the ship's lost and found collection.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the ship does with lost and found at the end of a cruise? In the case of a valuable item, I could see them being proactive in trying to track down the owners, but what do they do with the hundreds of personal items that get turned in that have little monetary value?

Several years ago I thought I had left some jewelry in the safe in my stateroom. When I realized it, I called Lost & Found at Celebrity, and the fellow I spoke with personally went and checked to see if the items were in their possession in Miami. They were not. I later discovered that I had NOT left them behind and called them back. If I remember correctly, he said they keep items for 60 days and then they are "disposed of".

I wouldn't't expect Celebrity to be proactive in any real way to track down the owners of these kinds of things. They probably hold them for the 60 days and then either destroy them or put them in to boxes and auction them off along with luggage that goes unclaimed.

They probably only worry about checking lost and found when someone calls to say they left something behind.

I would be much happier for a proactive guest to take this type of item with them and track down the owner instead of relying on Celebrity to get it to me. Of course there is also the chance that a dishonest guest will just keep the item for themselves.

Edited by dioxide45

I was surprised a few weeks after a cruise with RCI when I received in the post an envelope containing my sons wallet with a compliment slip. It only contained his sea pass card, he 'lost' it a few days before the end of the trip, we assumed it must have slipped under the bed. I certainly wasn't expecting to see the wallet again but the steward must of forwarded it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't't expect Celebrity to be proactive in any real way to track down the owners of these kinds of things. They probably hold them for the 60 days and then either destroy them or put them in to boxes and auction them off along with luggage that goes unclaimed.

When I was a rooms division manager for Hilton, years ago, we kept stuff for 3 months before it was donated to charity. We kept a log of item(s), date found, and room number/where it was found. But we never called a guest in regard to what we found. Guests had to call and inquire about missing items. That was to avoid a risk of accidentally informing Ms. or Mr. Jones that their spouse was in city X not city Y last week or we don't know how we found item X when item X is clearly associated with a member of the opposite sex when the partner was not accompanying them on the trip. Then losing the business of Ms. or Mr. Jones for outing them. We had lots of fried chicken foreplay jokes.

Someday, I'll have tell the story of the weekly john, his penchant for fried chicken, and his call girls...err...nieces. I can smell the bucket of fried chicken in the lobby as I type that.

Edited by Pecs ado rojo

Of course there is also the chance that a dishonest guest will just keep the item for themselves.

One of the standing jokes captains like to announce is:

To the passenger who lost the Rolex, the time now is 8:49 am. ;)

If we loose something, our first reaction will be to contact Celebrity. We certainly hope that our missing objects will be delivered to Celebrity. We will also deliver to guest services if we find something, because they have better possibilities to find the owners than we do. We would not know the name or nationality of the guests who have lost something, unless of course it has its ID among the missing objects. It would be very unlikely for us to be able to locate the guests.

Once while on a ship my husband left his jacket at the buffett restaurant. We kept asking and asking at the guest reception, but it was never delivered by who ever found it. Another time I have lost one glove at another ship after returning from an Alaska tour, fortunately the person who found it delivered to the guest reception, and I was able to recover it.:)

were you on the transatlantic? our friend Ilene was in 8181 the cruise before - Istanbul to Rome. send me an email and I'll put you two in touch. she is not a CC member.

pinebro7 @ aol.com

thanks so much!

just reread your post - it is definitely her (mark is her son, lauren DIL)

Edited by pinebro

I finally looked at some of the pictures of a wedding and a few people had name tags on. I then did a few google searches and I believe I have found the owner in Lockport LA.

I have left behind some items on board before and even on a back to back the items were not "found" or turned in by stateroom attendants. They were not valuable souvenirs but I was disappointed that they were merely disposed of according to Guest Relations.

were you on the transatlantic? our friend Ilene was in 8181 the cruise before - Istanbul to Rome. send me an email and I'll put you two in touch. she is not a CC member.

pinebro7 @ aol.com

thanks so much!

just reread your post - it is definitely her (mark is her son, lauren DIL)

I just emailed a contact.