too sick to cruise?

gooch47

The reality of any situation like this is: you may very well feel it is appropriate to cancel the vacation (flight, cruise, etc.) so you don't infect others, but I can guarantee you that on a cruise ship of several thousand others and a flight with several hundred others, there is going to be a sick person who did not cancel his/her trip. No judgement here, just saying... you do the right thing, someone else doesn't and people still get sick. I don't think anyone wins. :confused: :(

A lot of you will recognize me as CC's biggest worry wart. We have an intestinal virus going around here and of course, I'm sure one of us is going to get it.

I too am a worrywart. However, I think imagining possible sicknesses at certain inoportune moments might be carrying things a bit too far. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof!

Good luck and I hope you and yours stay healthy for your cruise. I once had a bad cold on a business trip and it was not pleasant to be away from home and sick.

I call myself the "Queen of What If."

But sometimes planning or even just thinking ahead pays off. For example, I always carry a printout of alternate connecting flights if for whatever reason we miss one. It paid off big time when we got to Phoenix and the flight we needed to take to get us to a flight on Air New Zealand was "indefinitely delayed.". I knew there was another flight to LA leaving in just a few minutes. We got there just in time to get the last two seats on the plane.

I suffer from a hiatus hernia and sometimes when it bothers me I cough a lot (and I mean really cough and a lot :( ). It's non-productive and after I've coughed myself silly it goes, but I always worry that I'm going to have an attack just as we get to check-in.

I call myself the "Queen of What If."

But sometimes planning or even just thinking ahead pays off. For example, I always carry a printout of alternate connecting flights if for whatever reason we miss one. It paid off big time when we got to Phoenix and the flight we needed to take to get us to a flight on Air New Zealand was "indefinitely delayed.". I knew there was another flight to LA leaving in just a few minutes. We got there just in time to get the last two seats on the plane.

Wow I am just like you. I always try to have alternate plans (or backup) plans in case something goes wrong.

Happy sailing and traveling.

I suffer from a hiatus hernia and sometimes when it bothers me I cough a lot (and I mean really cough and a lot :( ). It's non-productive and after I've coughed myself silly it goes, but I always worry that I'm going to have an attack just as we get to check-in.

I have asthma and instead of wheezing, I cough. I've wondered the same thing, although after using my inhaler it stops, so I doubt it would ever be a problem. Fortunately my asthma has been really under control since starting a new med a couple years ago, I've used my inhaler maybe six times this year, total.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

It breaks my heart to see an ambulance outside a cruise ship. Given the demographics of most of the cruises we take, I suppose it is inevitable, but still so sad.

We were on a cruise in the Far East and at the very first stop a relatively young woman fell down some steps, broke her leg and hit her head. That cruise was over for her almost before it began.

I suppose I am so paranoid about diarrhea because our poor DIL had to fly home with us from Las Vegas with a really bad case of bacterial diarrhea. I remember her having to run to the restroom while the plane was taxiing to the gate here at home. The flight attendants we're yelling but she had no choice other than (TMI?) messing her clothes.

Edited by gooch47