I made a BIG mistake!!

FireBadge1

This was our FIRST AND LAST Carnival cruise Very little was good. They pushed drinks EXTREMELY hard.....ALLthe time. Give me a break. We were on the DREAM. It was a nice ship....but little to do but PARTY AND DRINK.Fortunately they had Punchliners Comedy Club. I noticed many people like us at every performance....excellent comedians. Most of the crew was friendly....but slow.We waited an average of 30-45 minutes in the dining room for our dinners after ordering.....totally unaceptable. Most food very blah....andVERY small quantities. I ordered 2 prime rib dinners to get 2 pieces of meat the size of a soup spoon. The cold soups were excellent.....but you cant survive on soup.

There was sewer smell, diesel exhaust smell, dirty balcony windows and balcony glass.......etc etc.

They took 2 bottles of wine from us at check in..........left the 2 of us with 4 bottles........go figure. On the other hand...........walked on from Cozumel with 2 liter bottles of Crown Royal................NOT A WORD hehehehee

END RESULT: never Carnival again.....back on Princess ......

This was Our experience.....off the ship inPort Canaveral yesterday. I hope all of you that love Carnival have a better experience. You can have our spot on the ship............we will NOT be on Carnival again!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

FireBadge1

Veendam-76

Sea Princess-99

Grand Princess-2000

Grand Princess-2000

Sea Princess-2001

Golden Princess-2001

Grand Princess-April 14, 2002

Grand Princess- Nov 9, 2003

Caribbean Princess-Nov. 19,2006

Caribbean Princess- December 23, 2007

Grand Princess- December 19, 2008

Emerald Princess- January 2011 B2B

I made a BIG mistake!! ,we all make em , lesson learned :o

Just curious, why did you go to Carnival after so many Princess cruises?

I've been on both and they seemed to have the same basic entertainment.

I was wondering the same thing, looking at the OP's signature it seems as if he'd be a costumed to the way Princess does things. Maybe he wanted a change?

Pros:

-Punchliner was funny

-there were people there "like you" :confused:

-it was a nice ship

-crew was friendly

-soup was excellent

-you got 2 extra bottles of wine brought on

-you also brought on a bottle of liquor

-got 2 prime rib dinners

Cons:

-people partied

-too much drink pushing

-slow service

-meat the size of a spoon

-food was blah

-Dirt on windows

-smelly

Sorry you made such a BIG mistake.

Pros:

-Punchliner was funny

-there were people there "like you" :confused:

-it was a nice ship

-crew was friendly

-soup was excellent

-you got 2 extra bottles of wine brought on

-you also brought on a bottle of liquor

-got 2 prime rib dinners

Cons:

-people partied

-too much drink pushing

-slow service

-meat the size of a spoon

-food was blah

-Dirt on windows

-smelly

Sorry you made such a BIG mistake.

I can't believe people would party on vacation ! Unbelievable!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

I didnt see too many big flames on this one for a change. Im a cheerleader but others are right... if u didnt enjoy yourself.. its a bummer. Carnival isnt for everybody...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

You didn't see too many flames because most people here know a fake review when they see one. Even the haters are not touching this one. This was just a princess cruiser who got board and came over here to start something.

Sent using the Cruise Critic app

Wow..just got off Magic. Best cruise yet. Suppose to get back on 12/15 but got back on 12/14 evening because of 2 emergencies. Still best one. When the meat on plate was small...I ordered 2 plates..lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

This was our FIRST AND LAST Carnival cruise Very little was good. They pushed drinks EXTREMELY hard.....ALLthe time. Give me a break. We were on the DREAM. It was a nice ship....but little to do but PARTY AND DRINK.Fortunately they had Punchliners Comedy Club. I noticed many people like us ("like you?" You mean people on vacation? Imagine that! Or do you mean cranky nitpickers?) at every performance....excellent comedians. Most of the crew was friendly....but slow.We waited an average of 30-45 minutes in the dining room for our dinners after ordering.....totally unaceptable (Why is this unacceptable? Do you expect your food on the table the moment you sit down? Even at Crapplebees it takes 30-45 minutes to get your food at dinner if you have apps/soup/salad first.). Most food very blah....andVERY small quantities. I ordered 2 prime rib dinners to get 2 pieces of meat the size of a soup spoon That must have been one mighty small cow, then, since prime rib isn't trimmed to a smaller size. The cold soups were excellent.....but you cant survive on soup. Actually, you can survive on soup. But, I suppose that's neither here nor there right now.

There was sewer smell, diesel exhaust smell, dirty balcony windows and balcony glass.......etc etc.

They took 2 bottles of wine from us at check in..........left the 2 of us with 4 bottles........go figure. So, they left you with two MORE bottles than you're allowed in the first place. Nothing for you to complain about there. Next! On the other hand...........walked on from Cozumel with 2 liter bottles of Crown Royal................NOT A WORD hehehehee

This was Our experience.....off the ship inPort Canaveral yesterday. I hope all of you that love Carnival have a better experience. You can have our spot on the ship............we will NOT be on Carnival again!!!

I think the only smell here is the smell of BS.

This was our FIRST AND LAST Carnival cruise Very little was good. They pushed drinks EXTREMELY hard.....ALLthe time. Give me a break. We were on the DREAM. It was a nice ship....but little to do but PARTY AND DRINK.Fortunately they had Punchliners Comedy Club. I noticed many people like us at every performance....excellent comedians. Most of the crew was friendly....but slow.We waited an average of 30-45 minutes in the dining room for our dinners after ordering.....totally unaceptable. Most food very blah....andVERY small quantities. I ordered 2 prime rib dinners to get 2 pieces of meat the size of a soup spoon. The cold soups were excellent.....but you cant survive on soup.

They took 2 bottles of wine from us at check in..........left the 2 of us with 4 bottles........go figure. On the other hand...........walked on from Cozumel with 2 liter bottles of Crown Royal................NOT A WORD hehehehee

FireBadge1

Veendam-76

Sea Princess-99

Grand Princess-2000

Grand Princess-2000

Sea Princess-2001

Golden Princess-2001

After all of your cruises on Princess, I expect that you went with a negative attitude to start with.

Someone woke me up to offer me the DOD! I give myself at least 1.5-2 hours for the MDR

I'm a fairly mellow person who doesn't fall asleep easily. If someone woke me up to get me to buy a drink, I'd be pissed off.

I don't like all the drink pushing either. I start shaking my head no before the servers even get to me.

You should have used the Carnival happiness guarantee!! Tell them you want off the ship in the 1st 24 hours . They get you off at the first port. They refund you 100% + pay for your flight home

But Go to Princess!!! Carnival still loves taking your money over there!!:p

Is that how the guarantee works, just lie after a crappy experience. Be careful what you wish for, there might be more cutbacks after all the claims are process :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

I'm a fairly mellow person who doesn't fall asleep easily. If someone woke me up to get me to buy a drink, I'd be pissed off.

I don't like all the drink pushing either. I start shaking my head no before the servers even get to me.

It was clear from my motionless body, sleep was taking place. If you escape the drink of the day bandits, you are stuck with the lurking photographers. They pop out of every corner, boo! If I am annoyed with pics, you know they are bad :D The food is unlimited but there are some people who want a reasonable serving and be done. I am like that and hate the can I have more request.

I learned the hard way posting any kind of reviews on this board is simply not a good idea. Too much potential for hate and flamers.

Edited by Blk_Amish

IMO when people go to such extreme to prove their like or dislike of something by posting something that clearly isn't true I tend to totally disregard everything they say. Especially when it is about something like not having big enough portions. The food is unlimited on a cruise. All you have to do is ask. It probably saves money to serve smaller portions in the mdr as there is less food waste while still allowing those that want it to order additional. I fail to see why this is such a big deal.

I agree with you on this, I know Carnival isn't for everyone, nor should it be. But let's not exaggerate,( as IMO ) the OP did, it diminishes the post.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Is that how the guarantee works, just lie after a crappy experience. Be careful what you wish for, there might be more cutbacks after all the claims are process :D

I think a very small percentage of people take advantage of the guarantee.

That of course is what CCL is counting on.

Although, some people may plan on using it right from the start. They get a free cruise for a few days just by complaining that it sucks.

Like any program, comes abuse.

OP -- Sorry you had a bad experience. I noticed you are a veteran Princess cruiser. Hard to compare the Princess experience with the Carnival experience.

Enjoy your next cruise.

It's really not that hard to compare the two. Princess does have its down side as well. I think Carnival has better food than Princess, there's only one thing stopping us from cruising on Carnival. As for drinks, we carried a bottle of wine on board in Honolulu and nothing was said. No problem smuggling either. We still bought drinks on board and everyone was happy.

P.S. The lobster tail we were served was cut into 3 small pieces - hardly enough to feed a cat! It wasn't worth the effort for us to get dressed up and go to the MDR. I imagine it's the same on Carnival.

Edited by elliair

I think a very small percentage of people take advantage of the guarantee.

That of course is what CCL is counting on.

Although, some people may plan on using it right from the start. They get a free cruise for a few days just by complaining that it sucks.

Like any program, comes abuse.

Come on, it could be seen as a coupon to Kmart, not worth the do over unless it was on another line with table cloths :D I do think there is more to the story of this review. She has been on the boards long enough to know posting something like this would cause a fireeeeeee

Edited by Blk_Amish

I have a friend that complains most of the time. People here at work go on a cruise once a year and don't ask her, unless they are desperate for a room mate situation. She has only sailed twice in 10 years and both have been with RCL. The first time I cruised with her and we got back to work, she complained about MDR meals and I raved about them. This went on and on about everything. Finally someone asked if we were really on the same cruise ship? LOL She thinks that Carnival is a low class ship and beneath her. I have told her to stay away from carnival because she will not like it. She barly likes RCL.

FireBadge1

Veendam-76

Sea Princess-99

Grand Princess-2000

Grand Princess-2000

Sea Princess-2001

Golden Princess-2001

Well that blows. Enjoy paying twice as much on Princess!! Carnival still gets your money.

I agree, OP, my last CCL was on the Dream this year. It almost put me out of my cruising misery for good, but then I got brought back to cruise life by a Disney cruise. Now I know what cruise line I belong on. I used to love my Carnivals Holiday 07 & Triumph '11), than like my Carnival (conquest '12) , but the Dream was just a waste. I call it the Unfriendly Ship, and the poor crew reeks of desperation like a week long informercial as a vacation. I hope that new cruisers don't get ruined on cruising... the typical thought is sometimes "I don't think cruising is for me." :( Glad you know where you belong, too!

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

I can honestly say that I've never had anyone "pushing" drinks on any cruise I've been on, on any cruise line. I'm stretched out in a deck chair, the waiter comes by and asks me if I'd like anything and I say no and he moves on. Is that considered "pushing"? And as for a waiter "waking someone up" to ask if they want a drink.....??? I seriously doubt that.

As for the food....if I haven't had to shop for it, prepare it, cook it, serve it, listen to the complaints about it, clean up afterwards and wash the dishes it was in...then I consider I am well ahead of the game. Off the top of my head, I can only remember once having to ask for something else. Everything else ranged from definitely edible to WOWZA! THAT WAS GOOD!!!

Short of a trip on the Titanic or the Andrea Doria, I can't imagine how any cruise could be "horrible".

OP -- Sorry you had a bad experience.

I noticed you are a veteran Princess cruiser.

Hard to compare the Princess experience with the Carnival experience. ===> Downright unrealistic, I say.

Enjoy your next cruise.

Maybe the OP thought he'd get Princess service and conditions

at Carnival prices?

I'm sure Princess will be more than happy to have you back.

When Princess becomes too blaaah for you

Cunard and Seabourn await you. :)

Edited by Aplmac