EURODAM in Drydock

mrscopper

We sailed on the Eurodam December 1st and I will share with you there was a serious problem. A certain block of cabins had diesel smelling exhaust venting into their cabins. At first the front desk said it was fumes from another ship docked in San Juan. That ship left and the odor remained present. The next explanation was the emergency generator had a cover that fell off? and was venting exhaust into the port side cabins aft of the glass elevators on all levels I was told. You could smell it in the halls. It continued all evening and into the night. My friend slept on her verandah and propped the door open trying to air out the cabin. One lady called from the front desk and told us "it's not harmful to breathe the fumes". In the morning I heard some doctor was at the front desk telling them that "it was indeed harmful to breathe the fumes" We heard that the generator was being replaced during dry dock the following week. The odor was a problem for 2 days.

The rest of the cruise was wonderful. We had a great time!

countdown.pl?image=venice&name=SeaCruiser_1&date=10-8-2014&text=&ship=Noordam

Edited by SeaCruiser_1

We sailed on the Eurodam December 1st and I will share with you there was a serious problem. A certain block of cabins had diesel smelling exhaust venting into their cabins. At first the front desk said it was fumes from another ship docked in San Juan. That ship left and the odor remained present. The next explanation was the emergency generator had a cover that fell off? and was venting exhaust into the port side cabins aft of the glass elevators on all levels I was told. You could smell it in the halls. It continued all evening and into the night. My friend slept on her verandah and propped the door open trying to air out the cabin. One lady called from the front desk and told us "it's not harmful to breathe the fumes". In the morning I heard some doctor was at the front desk telling them that "it was indeed harmful to breathe the fumes" We heard that the generator was being replaced during dry dock the following week. The odor was a problem for 2 days.

The rest of the cruise was wonderful. We had a great time!

countdown.pl?image=venice&name=SeaCruiser_1&date=10-8-2014&text=&ship=Noordam

We were on same cruise and above is 100% correct. The met with an engineer and they were replacing the generator - as in being pro-active as to not have the same problems carnival was having on some of the ships.

We never felt any vibration on this ship on either cruise.

We too were on the Dec 1 cruise. We had a wonderful time and did not experience any fumes -- that does not mean that they were not present elsewhere.

We had a great ride in our very midships cabin but we did experience some truly surprising vibrations at lunch at the Tamirand on our way into San Juan. When we returned for dinner a day later we were seated elsewhere and though there was still some vibration in that location it was no longer alarming.

We too were on the Dec 1 cruise. We had a wonderful time and did not experience any fumes -- that does not mean that they were not present elsewhere.

We had a great ride in our very midships cabin but we did experience some truly surprising vibrations at lunch at the Tamirand on our way into San Juan. When we returned for dinner a day later we were seated elsewhere and though there was still some vibration in that location it was no longer alarming.

We smelt the fumes in the hallway walking back to our room one evening (Monday?), I called the front desk and that were already working on the situation. Then the next day we received a note in our room they were turning off the AC for a few hours to do some work. Then again on Saturday we received another letter, only this time the AC was off in the morning for 2 hours. I am glad they were able to fix the problem.

So sorry to hear about the fumes. Can't help but wonder if they were doing some pre-dry dock work that caused an unfortunate and not well thought out consequence.

What deck were you on?

Edited by arzz