Electrical plugs in Royal Princess Mini Suites?

yoyosma

I tried to find this by searching and by looking at photos without success. I would like to know how many and location of electrical plugs in the regular configuration mini suites on the Royal Princess. My husband uses a c-pap and I would like to know how far away the nearest plus to the bed is and if there is more than 1 plug for my electronics. I can bring an extention cord if need be, but I'd rather leave it at home.

In the pictures I can see a plug on the right hand side of the desk but can't tell if there is another one on the left hand side. Or any near the bed.

I always take a short extension cord. I don't have a c-pap, but use it for another item. The one time I didn't take one along,, the cabin steward loaned us an extension cord, but it was one that was thick, orange and about 20 feet long. Better to be safe than sorry.

Cruise ships are al lnotorious for only having one outlet in the main cabin.

I tried to find this by searching and by looking at photos without success. I would like to know how many and location of electrical plugs in the regular configuration mini suites on the Royal Princess. My husband uses a c-pap and I would like to know how far away the nearest plus to the bed is and if there is more than 1 plug for my electronics. I can bring an extention cord if need be, but I'd rather leave it at home.

In the pictures I can see a plug on the right hand side of the desk but can't tell if there is another one on the left hand side. Or any near the bed.

We were in a Riviera Deck Mini on the Royal last month. In our room, there were two North American outlets, one on either side of the desk. I do, however, remember that the RH outlet was a bit problematic to use with a three prong plug, as it was a very "skinny" plug, placed right beside a rocker switch for the light. I couldn't plug in a three prong plug very easily, only a non-grounded two-prong, due to interference from the raised light switch. It struck me at the time as a rather dumb idea, modularity done wrong. In any case, the LH desk plug would be closer to the bed, though still across the room.

There are probably plugs by each nightstand as well, as there are table lamps there, but I can't speak to how useable they may be, as we never looked

Have a great cruise, you're going to love the Royal. What an utterly SPECTACULAR boat ;o)

I always take a short extension cord. I don't have a c-pap, but use it for another item. The one time I didn't take one along,, the cabin steward loaned us an extension cord, but it was one that was thick, orange and about 20 feet long. Better to be safe than sorry.

Cruise ships are al lnotorious for only having one outlet in the main cabin.

The OP is on the Royal and there are outlets on both sides of the desk, one with just a 3-prong, one with both a 3-prong and UK outlet:

DSC01673.JPG

The OP is on the Royal and there are outlets on both sides of the desk, one with just a 3-prong, one with both a 3-prong and UK outlet:

DSC01673.JPG

Good photo. The outlet on the right is the one is the one we had trouble plugging in to, due to its proximity to the light switch right next to it. It couldn't make a full connection with some bigger plugs due to the raised rocker switch preventing full insertion of the plug

Thank you everyone. The picture speaks a thousand words. The c-pap is only 2 prongs, so maybe just a good extension cord. I have a nice power strip but with 2 plugs, probably won't need it. I was hoping for an outlet on the side of the room near the bed so thought I'd ask.

By the way, I have actually seen the cabin we are going to be in. I cruised solo on the Royal Nov. 10th in a sideways inside right across the hall. The room steward told me to take a look at the minis on the last morning so I did. When I booked this one, it just turned out to be the same mini I looked at. Unfortunately I wasn't looking at plugs at the time.

And I do know this, I don't think there is any access to a plug near the TVs like minis on the Ruby and Emerald. They are all wall mounted and there is no round room divider in the Royal Minis.

Thank you again.

No matter how many outlets are on the desk, I would still take an extension cord. There are cords as short as 6 feet, not much to pack and the assurance you can plug in your c-pap. I'd not want to take chances with something so essential. I would want the c-pap on the nightstand, not the desk.

My extension cord lives in my kit, it's an item that we have found to be essential for any trip, land or sea. And we''re fairly light packers.

This is a photo of one side of the desk in our Royal mini suite. The other side was the same. I used both plugs during the cruise, but they are across the cabin from the bed. I would suggest using the extra plug which is located behind the TV. It is easy to reach and while the cord would be strung across the sofa, it wouldn't be in your walk path. There is also an electrical plug under the bed (that the lamp plugs into), I have read about, but I have never used nor looked for it.