Has anyone noticed the change in the Premium Beverage Package?

chamima

Just noticed a slight change in the Premium Beverage Package. It now says drinks up to $13 (was $12) but only 20% off bottled wine (was 30%)

Premium Package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Book your Premium Beverage Package before you set sail and save. See the savings here.

*Starting from: 54.00 USD Per NIGHT

HOWEVER if you click on the link on that page you get this:

Book your beverage package before your cruise and save.

With a wide variety of packages, you’ll find one that suits your needs and quenches your thirst. What could be more

convenient? Book online and pay one set price to enjoy your favorite beverages, including cocktails, premium coffees, wine

by the glass, endless sodas, featuring Coca-Cola® products, and unlimited bottled water.

Package Name

Products

Premium

Package

All Fountain and Canned Soda, All Bottled Juices, Fresh

Squeezed Juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, All Specialty

Coffees, Evian, Pellegrino, Perrier, Vitamin Water, Red Bull;

Cocktails, Wines by the glass and Beers up to $12

Web Price $54.00 per guest,

per day

Onboard Price $59.00 per person,

per day

SO - Has there been a change?

And if so, why?

:confused: ... :confused: ... :confused:

Edited by chamima

Also, the classic package limit for beer has increased from $5 to $6.

I did see a post with a wine by the glass MDR menu. Prices for many glasses of wine have increased by $1. Not sure about any increases for beer - liquor.

We received a letter in our cabin about the increase to $13 on our Nov 30 cruise.

My wife seen that a glass of wine that she had on the last cruise was raised from $12 to $13. We asked the server about the price increase and he said that he wouldn't charge us the extra dollar as if he was doing us a favor. We later seen that letter in our cabin.

There are a lot of inconsistencies. In the Molecular bar it has the 20 year Martini listed at either $16 or $18. We asked the bartender and was told that that was wrong and it was the same as the other drinks.

.🎅🎄

Also, the classic package limit for beer has increased from $5 to $6.

I did see a post with a wine by the glass MDR menu. Prices for many glasses of wine have increased by $1. Not sure about any increases for beer - liquor.

Can i ask where you saw this?

I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I've seen lots of requests for an updated list but not seen a response yet. Here's a link to a March 2013 Eclipse MDR list posted here by lsimon. I imagine some wines have been deleted/replaced and prices may have changed.

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

Here is the link to new Summit MDR list: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40845877#post40845877

Compare to other lists such as this one, post #3 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1951875&highlight=drink+prices+wine

Here is the link to new Summit MDR list: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40845877#post40845877

For anyone interested attached file is Celebrity Summit's main dining room wine list from November 2013.

Compare to other lists such as this one, post #3 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1951875&highlight=drink+prices+wine

Attached Files

File Type: pdf Summit MDR wine Nov 2013.pdf (559.6 KB, 295 views)

Thanks

It looks like many of the wines we enjoyed last winter have gone up a dollar a glass.

Nice that the limit on the premium package has also gone up.

On my Reflection cruise in November I had a few glasses of $13 wine and didn't get charged the extra buck. Last year the same glass was $12. I was surprised I didn't get a bill for overage as I didn't know it now covers drinks up to $13.

Edited by Bosjoe

On Equinox in November Clifford Bay Sav Blanc was not available on the basic liquor package, so I had to upgrade to the Premium, previous cruise this was not the case

This wines not that great anyways probably a $4.00 glass at most

We just got off the Silhouette on 12/15 and drinks up to $13 were covered under the premium package. There was a little "Beverage Package" flyer that I picked up in Cafe al Bacio while on board and it did say that beers up to $6 were covered under the classis package.

Edited by bhughey

Michael's Club on Connie's 12/14 cruise had The Macallan Whiskey Maker's Edition Scotch for $14. First few nights wasn't upcharged for my premium package. Last few nights they upcharged me a $1.

Are you aware at the time of service whether you're being upcharged or not? Do they make you sign for the overage? Or do you only find out when you review your total bar bill? Thanks