Alaska

TheRampantSnail

We've sailed Princess to Alaska twice, and we're doing it again this coming summer. We've been very happy with them. Even better, my folks went along the second time (my mom was "kicking and screaming" that she wouldn't enjoy it), and the Princess Alaska experience was enough to convert her lock/stock/barrel. When I asked them in August if they'd be interested in another Alaska cruise, she interrupted me to say YES!.

I would be interested to know views on sailing with Princess to Alaska. Is the line recommended for this itinerary? If so, is one ship particularly good?
Yes. Princess and HAL are the two best lines for Alaska. They have the best infrastructure, have the best environmental history and have been there the longest. They also have permission to sail in Glacier Bay which only a few lines do.

Best itinerary is one that includes Glacier Bay. Best ships for Alaska are the Island or Coral as they have both forward and aft public decks for viewing and there are fewer than 2,000 people on each yet they are large ships.