Which hotel ...Fort Lauderdale?

kayehall

We are driving due to the high airfare. I have the Hilton reserved at $103.00 but it is getting some really bad reviews. Can it really be that bad? I know it is going to be a runway in March but one would think they would at least keep it clean. They are representing the Hilton name!! We are driving in from Myrtle Beach and just want something with a bar and restaurant and clean rooms. So I started looking at hotels off of I95. Maybe I am over reacting????

If you are just staying for a pre cruise night I recommend The Best Western Oceanside. Stayed here a few years ago, it is close to the beach and very clean. tried to get a room there for upcoming cruise but no rooms. Found a couple small places with good reviews if you are interested in those.

We are driving due to the high airfare. I have the Hilton reserved at $103.00 but it is getting some really bad reviews. Can it really be that bad? I know it is going to be a runway in March but one would think they would at least keep it clean. They are representing the Hilton name!! We are driving in from Myrtle Beach and just want something with a bar and restaurant and clean rooms. So I started looking at hotels off of I95. Maybe I am over reacting????

I don't really know about the Hilton. That price is really fantastic for a hotel for this time of year. I'd probably just keep the room because worse case, if your room is crappy, call the 800 customer service number and make them put you in a better room. Trust me NO hotel manager wants a complaint call from corporate coming from inside the hotel.

We stayed at the Hilton in September. I also was concerned because of the mixed reviews.

We reserved a room with a view of the intercostal waterway. We did have difficulty getting what we reserved, but we insisted. They showed us 3 rooms before a wonderful Bellman "Joel" came to our rescue and we found the perfect room. The customer service at check-in was not a very nice experience, but once Joel entered the picture, everything was great.

The hotel was nice and we noted no problems that other posters stated that they had and we stayed there for 2 nights. We didn't eat there, so we have no idea about the food.

We stayed at the Hilton in September. I also was concerned because of the mixed reviews.

We reserved a room with a view of the intercostal waterway. We did have difficulty getting what we reserved, but we insisted. They showed us 3 rooms before a wonderful Bellman "Joel" came to our rescue and we found the perfect room. The customer service at check-in was not a very nice experience, but once Joel entered the picture, everything was great.

The hotel was nice and we noted no problems that other posters stated that they had and we stayed there for 2 nights. We didn't eat there, so we have no idea about the food.

You're confusing the Hilton Marina with the Hilton FLL Airport. The OP is asking about the Hilton Airport.

Are you talking about before or after your cruise? Either March 30th or April 1st is the last day the Hilton will be open before it is demolished.

Are you talking about the Hilton Marina. If you are, I was able to pull up availability for next Sept. Where did you get your source from?

Edited by smalltimecruiser100

Are you talking about the Hilton Marina. If you are, I was able to pull up availability for next Sept. Where did you get your source from?

The discussion was about the Hilton at the airport -- that is being closed and demolished as part of the runway expansion project. Earlier poster (ibfishing2) initially confused it with the Hilton Marina.

Edited by capriccio