Mahogany Bay Beach (Roatan) Cabanas Question

kckuhnke

We have booked a cabana at Mahogany Bay Beach for our Feb. 1 cruise. Those of you who have booked this...what is your impression? is it worth the money? how available are the food and drinks? is it truly private or is someone always trying to sell something? Thanks for any info!

Ask question on carnival Board.

I have been there a few times but not in a cabana.

There is a beach bar right behind the cabanas and just down the path is a restaurant.

Never seen vendors walking the beach. There is a shopping center at the end of the pier.

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/

Edited by runner15km

Not many have made it down to Roatan on this itinerary yet due to all of the issues with the Bayport terminal. Hopefully someone will be able to tell you, but Roatan is the port that gets dropped if there are any embarkation /debarkation issues.

:confused: Lots of cruisers have used them.

I've booked the cabana as a fallback plan but have always cancelled - I notice there's always a waiting list for them by the time I release my res.

I can't review 'em as I have always done something else.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Six of us booked the cabanas (or clamshells) and we made our own little private area. We also got snorkels and beach floats with the package.

Afterward, we got to kayak for about 1/2 hour (that's all I needed) and we went past the Dolphin swim area where they were training the dolphins.

It was a very relaxing day; we all enjoyed it.

There are no vendors, per se, but we did have a waitress come and take any drink or food orders we had. That was a nice touch.

There is a restaurant/bar nearby if you'd rather sit there.

If you want to lounge around, swim at your leisure, and/or snorkel, I'd recommend it.

Roatan was the best stop on our 11/30 cruise. We got the ski lift snorkel clam shell excursion it was will worth the price the beach was nice the water was 86 and like a bay you can snorkel off the pier

People did not bother you for drinks

It was a great relaxing day. I hope you get there to enjoy

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I can't tell you about the cabanas, but the beach is really nice with lots of room and shade. For the price of a cabana you can probably drink away the day at a really nice beach bar. The ski lift can take you over, but it's just a short walk over a bridge to the beach area.

We appreciate your responses about the cabanas on Mahogany Bay. For now, we are sticking with our reservation and will let you know how it works out. We have booked the private cabanas on Half Moon Cay with Princess and are hoping these are just as nice.

Amtrack Springfield, we live in Country Club Estates just north of the mall. Always looking forward to our next cruise!

Kckuhnke

You will love Roatan. We did a snorkeling tour and it was outstanding. We live on ten northwest side of Springfield. Have a great trip.

Please, a bit of detail describe the snorkeling "tour".

Was entry from shore or a boat?

Did you have a guide, and wasn't it a sand bottom?

We Loved Roatan~ we went February 2010. The port was very new. Whether you do a clamshell/cabana I think its very worth it. In February it was blazing HOT!!!! Friends of ours had the clamshell and let us use it for a bit to get out of the sun. The water was wonderfully warm:)

We were in Roatan on 12/10 and really enjoyed the beach and our cabana. It's very nice to have your own space, waiter and you are close to restrooms. The general beach area was very nice and not too crowded but we were the only ship in port that day.