Love and Marriage game

golfadj

Never been because we'd heard a rumor the show was trashy.

Thank you for this thread, it confirms that.

The trashiest question is usually something like "Craziest place you've made whoopee." I don't recall when it was on my last CCL cruise, on last RCI cruise it was held at night in main theatre. No one was a plant because you had to want to get on and hoot and holler. It was a blast, hysterical. Plenty of kids/families at the show. Nothing degrading or raunchy. It was replayed on the TV during the week and the contestants became instant onboard celebrities. You heard a bad rumor and you're missing out on the fun.

The trashiest question is usually something like "Craziest place you've made whoopee." I don't recall when it was on my last CCL cruise, on last RCI cruise it was held at night in main theatre. No one was a plant because you had to want to get on and hoot and holler. It was a blast, hysterical. Plenty of kids/families at the show. Nothing degrading or raunchy. It was replayed on the TV during the week and the contestants became instant onboard celebrities. You heard a bad rumor and you're missing out on the fun.

Seeing an 80 year-old RETIRED BAPTIST MINISTER on 3 separate cruises with the same cruise director, respond to the question, "Where and when was the last time you made whoopee?" with "last night on the Lido deck at 3:00am" . . . kind of made me lean to a "plant". :D

Seeing an 80 year-old RETIRED BAPTIST MINISTER on 3 separate cruises with the same cruise director, respond to the question, "Where and when was the last time you made whoopee?" with "last night on the Lido deck at 3:00am" . . . kind of made me lean to a "plant". :D

I'd agree in that case. The last time I saw the show they didn't ask the occupation of the participants and didn't ask the last time, they asked craziest place. The old timers said a trampoline and the CD almost fell over. :p

I'd agree in that case. The last time I saw the show they didn't ask the occupation of the participants and didn't ask the last time, they asked craziest place. The old timers said a trampoline and the CD almost fell over. :p

Wonder if it was true or an answer made up by CD.

Maybe this is the call of the CD, as to when to have this repetitive, worn-out game. I was very disappointed that this was the headline "show" on the Miracle 3 years ago. My first cruise with a night with no show. Later in the year, I went on the Dream, and they did not do this. This game was still in the afternoon on a sea day, where it belongs. With the recent change in CDs, perhaps the one that replaced Jaime on the Dream decided to move it to an evening headline "show". Since I'll be on the Dream next month, this is disappointing. I sure will miss Jaime! My 5th out of my last 6 cruises to have a great CD pulled off the ship I'm about to go on just before I sail. I am crediting Jaime for the positive reviews of the Sunshine.

Did they do this on the same night as the deck party?

Edited by k2excursion

Maybe this is the call of the CD, as to when to have this repetitive, worn-out game. I was very disappointed that this was the headline "show" on the Miracle 3 years ago. My first cruise with a night with no show. Later in the year, I went on the Dream, and they did not do this. This game was still in the afternoon on a sea day, where it belongs. With the recent change in CDs, perhaps the one that replaced Jaime on the Dream decided to move it to an evening headline "show". Since I'll be on the Dream next month, this is disappointing. I sure will miss Jaime! My 5th out of my last 6 cruises to have a great CD pulled off the ship I'm about to go on just before I sail. I am crediting Jaime for the positive reviews of the Sunshine.

Did they do this on the same night as the deck party?

Didnt notice as we went to the comedy club all night.

Last ship this was done this way the piano bar was closed as the guy was off that night and no comedy club making for one dead evening.

The trashiest question is usually something like "Craziest place you've made whoopee." I don't recall when it was on my last CCL cruise, on last RCI cruise it was held at night in main theatre. No one was a plant because you had to want to get on and hoot and holler.

Might not have been a "plant' but the CD definitely says (and doesn't necessarily read what they wrote) what he wants to be "funny". I heard that same answer on CCL.

My wife and I are 2 for 2 on being picked for this game on our cruises and at no time did anyone tell us what to answer. I love playing in these games, not for the free champagne, but because it makes the game more fun and then for the rest of the week there is something to talk to the 'un-met' friends we run into on the ship.

Just back from the Dream and wondering about how many ships do this during the evening instead of professional entertainment. Think this has now happened on about three ships on Carnival.

This used to be done one afternoon on the last seaday.

Was fun in the beginning but they ask the same questions all the time and the CD is known to change the answers to make them "funnier".

Being on B2B, I know it is the cruise director who substitutes their answers.

In this cruise director's defense, I must say he was the best cruise director EVER, imho. He has since retired and last I heard, bought a restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It was probably just a rare coincidence that I got him on 3 separate ships on 3 separate itineraries. He probably wasn't counting on that. His jokes at the embarcation meeting were identical also. I made a crack about this while on a cruise using the internet and commenting on Cruise Critic and the next evening during one of the shows, he commented, this new joke is for Gary, since he thinks all my jokes are the same. Thank goodness, all the people in the showroom didn't know who I was.

I talked to him after the show, owned up to the post on Cruise Critic, and all was fine. He told me that on any given cruise 47% of the passengers are on their first Carnival cruise, so repetition was seldom a problem. Great guy. Wish him well. Greg Kneale, thank you. :-)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

In this cruise director's defense, I must say he was the best cruise director EVER, imho. He has since retired and last I heard, bought a restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It was probably just a rare coincidence that I got him on 3 separate ships on 3 separate itineraries. He probably wasn't counting on that. His jokes at the embarcation meeting were identical also. I made a crack about this while on a cruise using the internet and commenting on Cruise Critic and the next evening during one of the shows, he commented, this new joke is for Gary, since he thinks all my jokes are the same. Thank goodness, all the people in the showroom didn't know who I was.

I talked to him after the show, owned up to the post on Cruise Critic, and all was fine. He told me that on any given cruise 47% of the passengers are on their first Carnival cruise, so repetition was seldom a problem. Great guy. Wish him well. Greg Kneale, thank you. :-)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Glad it worked out well

My parents were chosen as longest married (50+) Dads answers were changed and he was clued in to play along. No matter who got the most answers right, they all got the same prize.

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

We just returned from the Victory. We went to the show because it was 9:00 pm and the only entertainment for the evening. I have always thought that the couples were pre-chosen for the show. When the cruise director asked the audience who has been married the longest, my daughter pushed me to raise my hand, we have been married 51 years. I expected just to be acknowledged, and maybe get a bottle of champagne. Instead, they picked us to be on the show. I can tell you that none of the answers were changed, and we weren't coaxed into saying anything to be funny. My husband didn't need any encouragement. Each couple was given a bottle of chanpagne and a trophy. There was no winner. After the show he became a star. People wanted a picture with him. For the rest of the cruise we were famous (mostly him).

We just returned from the Victory. We went to the show because it was 9:00 pm and the only entertainment for the evening. I have always thought that the couples were pre-chosen for the show. When the cruise director asked the audience who has been married the longest, my daughter pushed me to raise my hand, we have been married 51 years. I expected just to be acknowledged, and maybe get a bottle of champagne. Instead, they picked us to be on the show. I can tell you that none of the answers were changed, and we weren't coaxed into saying anything to be funny. My husband didn't need any encouragement. Each couple was given a bottle of chanpagne and a trophy. There was no winner. After the show he became a star. People wanted a picture with him. For the rest of the cruise we were famous (mostly him).

Glad you enjoyed it but dont think it should be an evenings entertainment

We don't go to see it on every cruise, so the few times we do go, it's funny. I understand what the OP is saying, but I've only seen 1 show on a Carnival cruise. Don't care for them too much. Whether the Love & Marriage show is "fixed" or not doesn't really matter to me. It's entertaining every few years. :D

We don't go to see it on every cruise, so the few times we do go, it's funny. I understand what the OP is saying, but I've only seen 1 show on a Carnival cruise. Don't care for them too much. Whether the Love & Marriage show is "fixed" or not doesn't really matter to me. It's entertaining every few years. :D

OK but like professional entertainment in the evenings.

Personally (IMHO) I think Carnival really needs to step up their entertainment....

I find their entertainment is mostly 'passenger based'...karaoke, trivia, game shows....etc...very little entertainment provided by their crew...let's not forget BINGO BINGO BINGO....we do usually enjoy the Punchliner shows....I wish they would move that to a larger venue....

Twice now, I've noticed (to my disappointment)...deck dance parties....started by the entertainment squad (they stayed on the stage)....get the music pumpin'....get the group dancing...then, 45 minutes later....they're gone....and the party begins to flop...(as an example, I will compare this to my last ncl cruise deck party where the entertainment staff stayed on the dance floor, brought passengers up to dance and really encouraged everyone to have a good time for more than 2 hours!)

On our last CCL cruise....we were wandering around the ship....came across the nightclub where they have a Michael Jackson party (seen this a lot on our CCL cruises in the past few years)....so we decided to stop in and check it out...other then about 10 passengers, sitting at tables...and loud music pumping....the place was empty....

Personally (IMHO) I think Carnival really needs to step up their entertainment....

I find their entertainment is mostly 'passenger based'...karaoke, trivia, game shows....etc...very little entertainment provided by their crew...let's not forget BINGO BINGO BINGO....we do usually enjoy the Punchliner shows....I wish they would move that to a larger venue....

Twice now, I've noticed (to my disappointment)...deck dance parties....started by the entertainment squad (they stayed on the stage)....get the music pumpin'....get the group dancing...then, 45 minutes later....they're gone....and the party begins to flop...(as an example, I will compare this to my last ncl cruise deck party where the entertainment staff stayed on the dance floor, brought passengers up to dance and really encouraged everyone to have a good time for more than 2 hours!)

On our last CCL cruise....we were wandering around the ship....came across the nightclub where they have a Michael Jackson party (seen this a lot on our CCL cruises in the past few years)....so we decided to stop in and check it out...other then about 10 passengers, sitting at tables...and loud music pumping....the place was empty....

Sad to say you are right. Other than comedy club whicih is in a much too small venue, entertainment has gone downhill big time.