Love and Marriage game

golfadj

Just back from the Dream and wondering about how many ships do this during the evening instead of professional entertainment. Think this has now happened on about three ships on Carnival.

This used to be done one afternoon on the last seaday.

Was fun in the beginning but they ask the same questions all the time and the CD is known to change the answers to make them "funnier".

Just back from the Dream and wondering about how many ships do this during the evening instead of professional entertainment. Think this has now happened on about three ships on Carnival.

This used to be done one afternoon on the last seaday.

Was fun in the beginning but they ask the same questions all the time and the CD is known to change the answers to make them "funnier".

How sad. That used to be an afternoon show. Crappy that they make it a main draw, especially knowing they always seed and prepare the third couple.

How sad. That used to be an afternoon show. Crappy that they make it a main draw, especially knowing they always seed and prepare the third couple.

Do you really think they prepare the third couple? Have heard that the older couple will have answers changed to make them more sexually adventurous.

Just off "Paradise" where the "Love & Marriage" show was done at 11 A.M., on a sea day. Yes, I've seen it over and over again, but it's still a lot of fun. I don't think they prepare the "older" couple, but I KNOW that the moderator does change their answers to make it funnier. In any case, I still enjoy watching it, even after seeing it over, and over. :cool:

"SKY"

Do you really think they prepare the third couple? Have heard that the older couple will have answers changed to make them more sexually adventurous.

Absolutely, but I can't speak for all CD's. Twice my IN laws were Pre-selected and briefed, including the boxer shorts he had to wear. Ever find it strange that quite often the old guy is a preacher.

In other passenger participation skits, there always seems to be a toilet paper salesman.

And there's the famous duo, who now everyone tries to be, named Dick and Anita Wood, who are also supplied with fake sail and sign cards. Other times it's Dick Little or Dick Small. Sometimes, there's even a stray man walking into the theatre looking for his wife while eating pizza.

Even the bedtime story is rehearsed. Oddly, the woman picked is dozing, and the man has to take an accent.

Or the paging a fake passengers that are late at every port.

It's gotten tired.

Been on the Pride twice and yes the questions were the same but the answers were not. Thought it was funny both times. I honestly prefer the Love and Marriage show to the professional shows.

Your entitled to your opinion but will you still feel the same way about 10 cruises from now?

I find them disgusting and gross. Unfunny. Very low class.

BUT I Love the Gender Battles Triva between men and women.

each to this own.

having them in the evening before a Show..or Bingo..to get a crowd there and seated..seems fine to me.

having them as the Main Attraction.......No.

I was pulled out of the audience onto the stage on one cruise. I love the entertainer. I was honored that I was picked.

But I do not love being on stage. I danced with him. I cannot dance. He was very classy about it even when I kept apologizing for stepping on his feet.

I promise you that was not planned. When I went to the elevators afterward....lots of women told me they had me on their I-phones. I have never looked at YouTube.

I have lost 30 pounds since then........and intend to lose a lot more.

NOT planned. and DON"T sit on the front rows if you, like me, wish to remain an avid fan in the audience. but not on stage.

I find them disgusting and gross. Unfunny. Very low class.

BUT I Love the Gender Battles Triva between men and women.

each to this own.

having them in the evening before a Show..or Bingo..to get a crowd there and seated..seems fine to me.

having them as the Main Attraction.......No.

Most of the time they expect you to act like a fool to get selected to go up.

Unfortunately on some ships a way for them to cut back on entertainment costs.

Because my parents were the third couple-- no, they are not prepared but most of their answers were changed.

Our last two carnival cruises the Love and Marraige show is moved to night time. (because they can more strongly enforce that its an adult show.

afternoon times way too many kids in the audience

My wife and I were the older couple on two ships (Splendor & Glory) and were never told anything. We won both times as we knew what the questions were. We did make up a few answers that were not quite true to have a little fun with the CD.. :)

The shows were both in the afternoon on sea days.

Edited by welldone60

I preferred NCL's version because the couples gave their answers verbally instead of writing them down. Thanks to CC I knew what many of the answers were going to be on the Pride (especially the last one about the deserted isle:D).

Edited by sparks1093

On our last cruise it was supposed to be adults-only (which was of course ignored by some families with young ones). The cruise director noticed and made a point to tone it down - good call.

We've seen the show every cruise, and it is always just about the same format. But you never know what answers you're going to get so that makes it worth seeing.

On the Sunshine a few weeks ago, it was held around 3:30. It was the same exact questions as always. This time, the show seemed a bit boring and none of the answers were "shocking" in any way. Several shows in the past did seem scripted or that the CD changed the answers.

My husband and I were picked one time as the newlyweds (we got married on the same cruise). None of our answers were changed or led by the cruise director, but we did embellish an answer, just to have a little more excitement with the crowd.

It was done during a sea day.

Years ago I was on three separate ships on three separate itineraries that over time had the same cruise director and I observed the same "old" couple that made "whoopee" on the Lido deck at 3:00 in the morning. Each time it was a retired Baptist minister and his wife. It was hilarious the 1st time, highly suspicious the 2nd time, and obviously a plant the 3rd time.:D

Edited by glrounds

Years ago I was on three separate ships on three separate itineraries that over time had the same cruise director and I observed the same "old" couple that made "whoopee" on the Lido deck at 3:00 in the morning. Each time it was a retired Baptist minister and his wife. It was hilarious the 1st time, highly suspicious the 2nd time, and obviously a plant the 3rd time.:D

Thinking about this and think I vaguely remember them. Guess they wanted the cheap champagne.

We just got off the Carnival Sunshine and the Love and Marriage game was on the last sea day at 3:30 pm.

The older couple is not pre-selected because our friends were chosen. They had never been to one so they had no idea of what to expect.

The Love and marriage game is one of my favorite events of the whole cruise. The questions may be the same but the answers are hilarious