Good Luck QE!

Chunky2219

Just seen the UK TV news - QE is on her way down the Solent into 60-80mph winds and 30 ft waves. It said the pilot had taken his passport with him in case he couldn't get off when in open water!

I hope everyone has a safe journey and a good night's sleep. Of course, she's only a "cruise ship", not an ocean liner so life might be quite exciting.

Boudica still hasn't departed, according to the ship tracker so maybe she's going to have a night in port?

Just seen the UK TV news - QE is on her way down the Solent into 60-80mph winds and 30 ft waves. It said the pilot had taken his passport with him in case he couldn't get off when in open water!

I hope everyone has a safe journey and a good night's sleep. Of course, she's only a "cruise ship", not an ocean liner so life might be quite exciting.

Boudica still hasn't departed, according to the ship tracker so maybe she's going to have a night in port?

Looking forward to the start of the World Cruise from Southampton in 18 days time onboard when she travels to Manhattan Cruise Terminal

Edited by Pennbank

Thankfully the winds are not from the east... Lots of wind damage to properties on the coast and whilst we talk about how these HUGE ships can handle, or cannot handle rough weather I will simply point out how the small fishing craft are still at sea in this area plying their trade as are small coasters!!

Queen Elizabeth I see is now doing 11 knots, Queen Mary 2 10knots and the Queen Victoria 17.

The roughest weather is just to the North of the Queen Elizabeth and I see there is a small tanker right at the heart of the roughest location :(

At the moment the Queen Elizabeth should be experiencing beautiful clear blue skies but a decent hunk of wind.. She is the blue icon near the black 'arrow' Queen Victoria is way to the south and the QM2 is just leaving New York so may wellsoon increase her speed.

Queen_zpsd3e481ec.jpg

Note how this weather has not had much effect on shipping and the bigger the ship, the smoother the ride :)

Thanks for the map showing QE.

QM2 left New York on Sunday evening, about 36 hours ago. Oceanweather doesn't show any significant weather down the east coast of the U.S. toward the Caribbean so I wonder why she is only doing 10 knots.

QM2 left New York on Sunday evening, about 36 hours ago. Oceanweather doesn't show any significant weather down the east coast of the U.S. toward the Caribbean so I wonder why she is only doing 10 knots.

Just checked again and Queen Elizabeth is plodding along at just over 12 knots (12.2) and the seas do not look that unpleasant.

Queen Victoria is flying along at 16.9

Queen Mary 2 10 knots

She may not have sold out the lower cabins thus not enough rowing manpower.

Parents are currently on the Queen Victoria and had a call from them a few minutes ago. They didn't go to La Coruna as the sea was too rough and they wouldn't have been able dock. They are taking it easy down to Lanzarote to get there at the correct time on Boxing Day. The seas have been quite rough since departure from Southampton but are slightly better today. They should have been on the QE going out yesterday but changed it 3 weeks ago. I am glad they did change it and weren't going out from Southampton yesterday. I wonder if the pilot did manage to get off the QE or if he is still on it.

Looking forward to the start of the World Cruise from Southampton in 18 days time onboard when she travels to Manhattan Cruise Terminal

Hi Pennbank.

Will you be attending the Cruise Critic meet & Greet? I have it all organised and we w ill meet in the Commodore Club port side, 12-0 noon on the 11th January. Please pop along and say Hi!

Maggie shoe mou.

I hope that the outbreak of the Noro Virus on the Queen Elizabeth that was notified to us on the 21 December has been contained.

Feeling unwell due to rough seas would be bad enough.

We are due to sail on the QE Jan 6th 2014 and haven't had any notification of the Noro so hope it is cleared up by then.

Sara