Back from my first carnival cruise after enjoying royal

ms.gloria

Which Carnival ship were you on? Itinerary? Did you have a good time? Did you have a pig patty at Guy's burger bar? Did you find anything on Carnival superior to your past experiences on Royal? Might do a Carnival caribbean cruise in Dec next year, maybe on Breeze.

I am sure you had a great time. I have always had enjoyable cruises on each of the lines I have cruised on. Each has subtle and some not so subtle differences that appeal to its market. I look forward to hearing your experiences on both RCI and Carnival.

Eric

Which Carnival ship were you on? Itinerary? Did you have a good time? Did you have a pig patty at Guy's burger bar? Did you find anything on Carnival superior to your past experiences on Royal? Might do a Carnival caribbean cruise in Dec next year, maybe on Breeze.

Yes. I did a 6 day on the Carnival Breeze and it was overall my best cruising experience to date. Guys burger was delicious, and free. The burgers are very good, but the fries are to die for! Besides the shows, I liked everything better on Carnival. Royal has better shows but Carnival has better food, cabins, crew, and a overall better vibe to the ship. I would HIGHLY suggest doing a carnival cruise. I was hesitant at first, but I will now only cruise carnival into the foreseeable future.

Which royal ships and itineraries have you done? My mom has done many with both lines as well as HAL, Princess, and Celebrity. She used to think Carnival had better food until her recent cruise on the Carnival Dream. She said she would never go back. Maybe just an off week for them. I had friends that sailed later and had no complaints. I am loyal to Royal for the time being.

Interesting,this would probably do better on the carnival site ...I for one having cruised c.3 times would never go back to them...much better experiences on rccl! Just saying...

I put it here because I think others would like a comparison.

Which royal ships and itineraries have you done? My mom has done many with both lines as well as HAL, Princess, and Celebrity. She used to think Carnival had better food until her recent cruise on the Carnival Dream. She said she would never go back. Maybe just an off week for them. I had friends that sailed later and had no complaints. I am loyal to Royal for the time being.

I have done all Caribbean itineraries with royal. I have been on freedom of the seas, independence of the seas, adventure of the seas, enchantment I the seas, and grandeur. I have been also been on dcl and ncl. I think carnival food is the best followed by Disney and royal. Didn't like ncl food. But everyone has different taste buds

Wow, like they say everyone has different taste and opinions. I've done a few Carnival cruises and to me the ships look like disco's with all the neon lights. The food I agree was better, the suites are terrible, and you get nothing for being in a suite. The buffets are terrible, the people are also very different. I prefer Celebrity but still sail Royal as well. I'm happy you had a such great cruise, and like I say no cruise is a bad cruise, just some are better than others. Happy cruising!

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

Wow, like they say everyone has different taste and opinions. I've done a few Carnival cruises and to me the ships look like disco's with all the neon lights. The food I agree was better, the suites are terrible, and you get nothing for being in a suite. The buffets are terrible, the people are also very different. I prefer Celebrity but still sail Royal as well. I'm happy you had a such great cruise, and like I say no cruise is a bad cruise, just some are better than others. Happy cruising!

Yea. Most ships have the gaudy decor I think, but the breeze was their first ship with a soothing Caribbean decor. Looks very nice! Like you said, I just love cruising in general.

The Carnival Dream has two bonuses. First is the sundeck area with pool and jacuzzi at the aft of the ship. Heavenly view.

Also, their Spa Day Pass with therapy pool, sauna, steam, oriental and eucalyptus rooms, relaxation room.........Fantabulous!

I miss her already.

Yes. I did a 6 day on the Carnival Breeze and it was overall my best cruising experience to date. Guys burger was delicious, and free. The burgers are very good, but the fries are to die for! Besides the shows, I liked everything better on Carnival. Royal has better shows but Carnival has better food, cabins, crew, and a overall better vibe to the ship. I would HIGHLY suggest doing a carnival cruise. I was hesitant at first, but I will now only cruise carnival into the foreseeable future.

We have done 3 Carnival and 11 RCCL cruises and agree that Carnival food is slightly better. However, we think the overall cruise experience on Royal is superior; entertainment and the ships of Royal are a notch above.

But you didn't do a comparison. From where I sit, all you did was extol the virtues of another cruise line. :confused:

That is why I said let me know if you have questions, and I can explain the differences between the two lines.

My suggestion is to read this posters posting history. They seem to know A LOT about Carnival after taking one cruise. Sounds very familiar to a previous poster that was posting over here before.

I am new here, but I have done lots of research on carnival before cruising my first with them. I was hesitant about carnivals safety record, but not anymore with the changes. I almost thought about canceling my breeze cruise before the changes were announced