Tasteless desserts on the buffet

missouri mike

But also something else other than ricotta that makes it not worth eating.

It's been over a year and a half since I sailed CCL but the last time I was in the steak house (twice on our last CCL cruise) I loved it.....brought it back to the cabin with me and each time, ate it for 3 days :eek:

Edited by halos

It's been over a year and a half since I sailed CCL but the last time I was in the steak house (twice on our last CCL cruise) I loved it.....brought it back to the cabin with me and each time, ate it for 3 days :eek:

I must say my first love is NY style cheesecake and the one in the steakhouse is almost passable.

But just think if you do come back to CCL more cheesecake for you as you are more than welcome to my share. lol

I agree that the buffet desserts look great but are tasteless. They need to add SUGAR!!

And use butter, real eggs and good vanilla instead of shortening, fake eggs and fake vanilla. Makes a huge difference.

Edited by cwestbrook

Has anybody else noticed this? They look great, but, are tasteless. Am I grabbing the wrong desserts from the buffet? Is this just a European (or somewhere else) thing? Maybe I eat way too many Milky Ways...lol.

They've been sugarless for a decade now:D

RCI serves nice cookies and eclairs in the Diamond/Concierge lounges in the afternoon. Yummy but ruins MDR appetite.

On repositioning and B2B cruises, you gotta go for the fruit plate over the sugary confections lest you look like Frank Barone sitting down with unbuckled belt and pants.

Edited by Oak Hill Cruisers
spelling error

I must say my first love is NY style cheesecake and the one in the steakhouse is almost passable.

But just think if you do come back to CCL more cheesecake for you as you are more than welcome to my share. lol

LOL...nah, if I need cheesecake, I can make it myself....and I do make NY style :)

I think that they must be using cheap flavorings such as imitation vanilla instead of real vanilla extract.

Probably using institutional recipes for the ease of multiplication and menu planning. Too bad this usually results in everything tasting the same as most of the recipes use a common base mixture.

Think about this for a second.

Sunday. Roasted turkey dinner

Monday. Fresh turkey sandwiches

Tuesday. Turkey pot pie

Wednesday. Turkey noodle soup.