Suggested Enhancements to CC postings

CathyCruises

Is it possible to turn off signatures for individual people? If so, I can't figure out how to do it. Seems all I can fine is "Show Signatures ... Yes or No" which would include everyone and I really like seeing the signatures of most. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

No, it's all or nothing I'm afraid. Like you, I'd like the option, but I'm happy with the "nothing" setting. I sometime browse without signing on, but as soon as I see all those signature blocks I remember to sign back on! :)

In the event you didn't know, you can turn off people's signatures. I find it so much better that way. You can also turn off avatars, but they don't bother me.

And my enjoyment of CC has been drastically improved since I turned them off. With less clutter at the bottom of so many posts, it is a breeze reading the threads with signatures off. It is amazing how much shorter the pages are on my screen when everyone's signatures are hidden. If I get curious about an individual's signature, I can easily click on their CC name and the signature is visible in their profile.

No, it's all or nothing I'm afraid. Like you, I'd like the option, but I'm happy with the "nothing" setting. I sometime browse without signing on, but as soon as I see all those signature blocks I remember to sign back on! :)

Thanks for replying. What I thought -- all or nothing. :(

Mostly, I like to see the signatures with past and upcoming cruise info ... just not the BIG ones with huge pictures, etc.

LuLu

~~~

While we are at it, let's limit the number of complaining posts by a single poster per day. Sometimes if they step back away from the keyboard and evaluate things, they will see that there are more positive things than negative things to post about.

Maybe a rule that a person has to have contributed to a set amount of threads, such as ten threads after joining, before they can post a complaint. This would eliminate those "one post wonders" that join only to complain.

I'm not a FB 'cultist' either, but there are often posts with which I entirely agree, and it would be lovely to just click a button to indicate that, rather than writing a whole new post that in essence says, "I agree wholeheartedly'!!

How much time does it take to write "I agree wholeheartedly", really? Must everything in life be the least effort possible? I had a wonderful teacher in high school who taught us that if we can't contribute to a conversation, stay out of it. Wise words that I wish everyone would believe in. Hitting a button to vote that you like a post doesn't contribute anything other than satisfying your need to make your mark. Kind of like when dogs lift their legs to mark every tree they pass by. :D

Edited by fortinweb

Thanks for replying. What I thought -- all or nothing. :(

Mostly, I like to see the signatures with past and upcoming cruise info ... just not the BIG ones with huge pictures, etc.

LuLu

~~~

Especially those with irritating flashing icons in their signatures. Blink, blink, blink......jeeze, those are annoying! :eek:

Maybe a rule that a person has to have contributed to a set amount of threads, such as ten threads after joining, before they can post a complaint. This would eliminate those "one post wonders" that join only to complain.

I also think, like what was suggested for all posts, we limit how many times one can complain in one day.

I'm using the Cruise Critic app on my iPad.

It's really great and has improved my enjoyment of these forums. The signatures are absent and it uploads most recent posts automatically.

Notifications come in to let me know if my comments have had a response.

The Cruise Reviews and Newsletter sections are also there and if relevant allow access to a "like" button.

It's interesting to see this thread, as it reminds me of some of the annoying aspects of my original version of CC.

Cheers and Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I also think, like what was suggested for all posts, we limit how many times one can complain in one day.

How, pray tell, would you define complaint? CC would have to hire a panel of linguists, adjudicators, and logicians to set parameters on complaints. Next, CC would have to appoint an appeals committee.

Where do you file Complaints about Complainers?

How, pray tell, would you define complaint? CC would have to hire a panel of linguists, adjudicators, and logicians to set parameters on complaints. Next, CC would have to appoint an appeals committee.

Where do you file Complaints about Complainers?

I was just playing off the poster who wanted to limit the number of post per person per day, which I thought was silly. I'm guessing the poster he had in mind has a different opinions than he did. I don't think any poster should be limited or told what or what they can not post. That is what is so great about cruise critic, we can all post our opinions.

How much time does it take to write "I agree wholeheartedly", really? Must everything in life be the least effort possible? I had a wonderful teacher in high school who taught us that if we can't contribute to a conversation, stay out of it. Wise words that I wish everyone would believe in. Hitting a button to vote that you like a post doesn't contribute anything other than satisfying your need to make your mark. Kind of like when dogs lift their legs to mark every tree they pass by. :D

Agree :D