Booking Cruise with Friends

schill_38

My wife and I are starting to plan a cruise with 1 or 2 other couples. We are ready to book now, but we are waiting for our friends to tie up loose ends before they book. What is the best way to book when you're dealing with other couples when we are paying separate, we want to have rooms next to each other, be at same dining room table, etc.

My wife and I are starting to plan a cruise with 1 or 2 other couples. We are ready to book now, but we are waiting for our friends to tie up loose ends before they book. What is the best way to book when you're dealing with other couples when we are paying separate, we want to have rooms next to each other, be at same dining room table, etc.

If having rooms next to each other and dining together is that important, I guess you should wait on them. The catch is the longer you wait the less likely it is to get what you want. A good thing to consider is exactly when you plan on cruising. The further in advance you plan the better chance you have of everything falling into place for you.

Edited by Eng23

Getting cabins near each other really meNs booking together as three separate reservations, then paying individually. Dinners are not a problem, you can link the reservations and reserve the same time and they get that all set up.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If you all choose MTD, you don't need to "link" reservations. You will be seated with your own party! You only need to link booking numbers if you are doing traditional seating.

As far as getting rooms nearby, you will have to book rooms near each other. Doing a GTY booking won't likely work!

Edited by cb at sea

We have done this multiple times...we go ahead and book when we are ready and then send the other couples our ressie number etc. and have them link to us. Linking will ensure you are seated at MDR together (in most cases:rolleyes:). Rooms next to each other really is not a major concern for us, as we all like to book different types/locations and it is nice to have some space between you sometimes (if you know what I mean:cool:).

HTH

If you all choose MTD, you don't need to "link" reservations. You will be seated with your own party! You only need to link booking numbers if you are doing traditional seating.

As far as getting rooms nearby, you will have to book rooms near each other. Doing a GTY booking won't likely work!

We just had 6 reservations linked together on MTD. It was always a mess. Each evening was a mess. This was 15 people, so 3 reservations on 6 people should be easier. I guess technically you don't NEED to link the reservations for dining but I certainly would.

You are correct about a GTY not suitable for rooms close to one another.

You must be An Red Sox fan.

We have done this multiple times...we go ahead and book when we are ready and then send the other couples our ressie number etc. and have them link to us. Linking will ensure you are seated at MDR together (in most cases:rolleyes:). Rooms next to each other really is not a major concern for us, as we all like to book different types/locations and it is nice to have some space between you sometimes (if you know what I mean:cool:).

HTH

Thank you and I know what you mean...haha

I recommend you book yourself now and get your cabin of choice, inform your friends you have booked and let them know your cabin # so hopefully they can be close to your room, if not, you can still stay in touch with each other and plan your days.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Got so sick and tired of people saying they wanted to join us and procrastinating. It meant higher pp fares and aggravation. Now, we announce when and on what ship,we booked. If you want to join us great, if not, Sea Ya!

I recommend you book yourself now and get your cabin of choice, inform your friends you have booked and let them know your cabin # so hopefully they can be close to your room, if not, you can still stay in touch with each other and plan your days.

Have to agree.

I have done this several times and the best way for me was to go ahead and book what I want. I give them the information and tell them to call and ask to be placed in the vicinity of my room. If they book that is good but if they don't I am happy that I have what I want. I even lost money one time when I put down a deposit for someone and they decided not to go. I lost my money for their deposit and they never reimbursed me for the deposit. A lesson learned. I am traveling with a few girlfriends for my 50th birthday in a few weeks and I did not concern myself with anyone other than my room mate and my daughter. I gave the rest the information and they did their own reservations. We have 3 rooms next to each other and the last room is further down the hall because they waited so long that their was nothing left in the immediate area. The one benefit that they had was because they waited until after final payment to book they paid less.

I agree with the idea that you book yourself and let your friends book themselves. Since we use a travel agent, it makes if very easy for the friends because they only have to contact the agent, and she takes care of everything for them.

I agree with the idea that you book yourself and let your friends book themselves. Since we use a travel agent, it makes if very easy for the friends because they only have to contact the agent, and she takes care of everything for them.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of doing what you said.

Sent from my XT901 using Forums mobile app

We are sailing in Feb. and we are going with 3 other couples. In March of last year, I called my TA and told him what we wanted. He got us 4 rooms all together and each couple then called the same TA and told them all their info. It was very easy. We are all neighbors, so we are renting a van and having it pick us up all together on that day. I also got everyone together and talked about what we should do on the ship. Some have never cruised before, so I explained that we all do our own thing. If we do things together then thats OK. But if you don't want to. you don't have to. We all agreed. I can't wait. Have fun on your cruise.

Edited by cashier

Got so sick and tired of people saying they wanted to join us and procrastinating. It meant higher pp fares and aggravation. Now, we announce when and on what ship,we booked. If you want to join us great, if not, Sea Ya!

I'm the exact same way. I wouldn't wait on anyone to book a vacation.

Another vote for booking yourself and tell your friends. If they want to go, it is up to them to make their reservations. A good travel agent will keep things together for your group.

That's my feeling as well. Told friends what deck we were on but they were free to book where ever they wanted. They booked a couple of weeks after us and ended up in the cabin right next door. What were the chances of that?:D

I once booked for friends of ours and even put the deposit down for them, which they immediately transferred to their own Credit Card, 5 months later they cancelled. I told DH, if friends wish to cruise with us, I will let them know which one we booked and our location and let them book themselves and worry about their own reservation. If they back out, we still have what we want.

Edited by Desert Cruizers