Fort Lauderdale which hotel would you choose?

shoes 1

If they are all roughly the same rate I would immediately scratch Cambria Suites which is a far less convenient location than the other two (though if you are flying in late and/or out early it is closer to the airport). The Hilton has a view of the Port and plenty of shopping and dining an easy walk away and is your best bet if you want to embark early the next morning. The Doubletree is 15-20 minutes from the port, on the edge of the condo concrete canyon near the beach but right across from the Galleria Mall and nearby restaurants are a bit more upscale than on 17 St.

Edited by fishywood

As you can see from responses, it is very subjective. We have stayed at all three and would select the Cambria suites over the other two. One poster said to scratch the Cambria suites, and that is their personal choice.

Hotels are very subjective, and because someone else likes a particular hotel it doesn't mean that you will.

The only reason I suggested passing on the Cambria Suites in this particular case is that all three properties under consideration were the same price. Cambria should be easily 25-35% lower. With all other things equal, why would anyone not choose a full service hotel located in the epicenter of visitor amenities over an airport motel (even a "Suites" version) located at an interstate highway interchange?

The only reason I suggested passing on the Cambria Suites in this particular case is that all three properties under consideration were the same price. Cambria should be easily 25-35% lower. With all other things equal, why would anyone not choose a full service hotel located in the epicenter of visitor amenities over an airport motel (even a "Suites" version) located at an interstate highway interchange?

Because some like me fly in the night before our cruise and are not interested in visitor amenities, grocery stores or shopping centers. We are just looking for a place to sleep that night and leave the next morning for the port.:)

All of us don't have the same likes and dislikes.:)

By far the Gallery One Doubletree is the best location.

It is on top of tons of great shopping and dining (Trulucks, Capitol Grille, Seasons 52, Blue Martini), on a water taxi stop, and across the street from the beach.

I suspect that would be good if one is looking for those attractions.:)

The fact that Cambria provides free airport shuttle and grab & go breakfast makes it a suitable value for those who are arriving in the evening and don't plan to leave the hotel. In a motel the room doors open to the outside, so Cambria is a hotel. The OP did not state when they are arriving.

Edited by royalcruz

C: None of the above.

I would choose LaQuinta Inn - FLL Airport using the Promo Code: H O M E D L (without the spaces) for a significant discount.[/quote

Anything close to this hotel? Restaurants,beer or liquor stores? Airport Shuttle?

My family stayed at Cambria Suites very recently and my sister gives

it a big thumbs up:) I am staying there in February as well. Sis said

it was really, really nice and they also have a package for those driving

where you can leave your car on the property for up to 2 weeks at

a very reasonable rate. They also have a shuttle that will pick you

up from the airport if you are flying in.......and they have a shuttle to the ship

as well if that is something that interests the original poster.

As mentioned in earlier replies, we all have different tastes and decisions

are made for different reasons but I would not scratch Cambria:D

Edited by Lois R

Let's see, dine, shop, eat, drink, sightsee. I'm sorry did I leave out the ever popular moose hunting? Pottery painting? Bird watching?

Everyone has different wants. Not everyone is looking for the same amenities that you look for. Is that so hard to understand?

Everyone has different wants. Not everyone is looking for the same amenities that you look for. Is that so hard to understand?

Generally cruisers on a FLORIDA forum aren't looking for anything other than fun in the sun. Is that so hard for YOU to understand?

I'm not looking for beach information on a Paris forum or mountain climbing in London.

Generally cruisers on a FLORIDA forum aren't looking for anything other than fun in the sun. Is that so hard for YOU to understand?

I'm not looking for beach information on a Paris forum or mountain climbing in London.

It appears that you completely missed my point. You said, "By far the Gallery One Doubletree is the best location.

It is on top of tons of great shopping and dining (Trulucks, Capitol Grille, Seasons 52, Blue Martini), on a water taxi stop, and across the street from the beach."

All I said that was it isn't the best location for those who are not looking for the amenities you listed. Some don't care if there is shopping, water taxis, or dining. For those cruisers it may not be the best location. That's all.:rolleyes: