Channel Perfume

doubledobles

There was a post about Channel perfume in the shops on board from someone a while ago. I was just on the Riviera (disembarked Dec. 22) and the store did not have any Channel at that time. I suggest you shop at Duty Free in the airport.

Sad if you wanted to take it home but good for the rest of the cruisers that dislike perfume almost as much as smoke.;)

Sad if you wanted to take it home but good for the rest of the cruisers that dislike perfume almost as much as smoke.;)

I too get up set by all these self-centered things... perfume and smoking.... even breathing......all that inhale and exhale. How selfish of them breathing on me and in my space too.

There was a post about Channel perfume in the shops on board from someone a while ago. I was just on the Riviera (disembarked Dec. 22) and the store did not have any Channel at that time. I suggest you shop at Duty Free in the airport.

Thank you for this info (and also Deb who advised me via other thread).

Rhonda

I too get up set by all these self-centered things... perfume and smoking.... even breathing......all that inhale and exhale. How selfish of them breathing on me and in my space too.

A while ago someone requested information on the availablity of Chanel perfume. I responded with an answer that, at this time, is incorrect. I am merely updating that information as a courtesty.

A while ago someone requested information on the availablity of Chanel perfume. I responded with an answer that, at this time, is incorrect. I am merely updating that information as a courtesty.

I could be wrong, but I do not think HawaiiDan was serious-he is a very nice and funny guy but I think orchestrapal was serious. I personally prefer perfume to smoke and other odors and have never had a problem with perfume, even on ladies that wear alot of it. Perfume also has not been known to cause lung cancer by people smelling it on someone else. Some people are just sensitive to it. So, you can just move away from the source of perfume, but smoke can seem to follow you.

Sadly, some people just make comments to make comments.

I, for one, think it was very nice and informative of you to tell others about the lack of Channel, in case someone had planned on buying on board. Thank you very much.:D

I could be wrong, but I do not think HawaiiDan was serious-he is a very nice and funny guy but I think orchestrapal was serious. I personally prefer perfume to smoke and other odors and have never had a problem with perfume, even on ladies that wear alot of it. Perfume also has not been known to cause lung cancer by people smelling it on someone else. Some people are just sensitive to it. So, you can just move away from the source of perfume, but smoke can seem to follow you.

Sadly, some people just make comments to make comments.

D

I guess you've never had to sit through a 4 hour opera next to someone doused in perfume in a box where you would have to sit next to the person for a whole season! Sorry your offended so were we.......

When I was younger I loved perfume -- although not just any perfume (back then Chanel was one of my favorites). I never cared for the smell of cigarette smoke.

But by the time I was in my late 40s or so, I could tolerate perfume less and less and so by now I dislike it as much as smoke. That doesn't mean no one is allowed to wear it in my presence, however ... but if I'm in a closed space (like a theater) and the person wearing it was liberal in its application, yes I have a problem as well.

I feel the same way about after shave ...

Mura

people are just being funny now, but...

some posters display terrible spelling of everyday words, misuse of words, and lack of grammar in their everyday posts, despite English being their native language, and no one corrects them.

Let's not further embarrass the original poster, who was only trying to be of help.

Misspelling a brand name is a small sin compared to some posts I've seen here!

There may not be Chanel or Channel but there is a wide selection of fragrance on board for purchase. Cosmetics are limited too; Some Clinique, some Estee Lauder and Lancome. Occitane soaps and lotions. Clarins. I wear Chanel No. 19 Perfume (not the Eau de Toilette) which you cannot buy in the USA even at Chanel stores. Only in Europe now for some reason.

If you wear enough for the person next to you to smell you are wearing too much.

As far as time pieces go, in Kusadasi, they were promoting buying watches on every corner with huge signs that said "Genuine Fake Watches". They had many brands.

Editing to add we ate at this place and were happy with the food:http://www.shopmiamiairport.com/store_profile.aspx?unitid=364

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.
added a point of information

people are just being funny now, but...

some posters display terrible spelling of everyday words, misuse of words, and lack of grammar in their everyday posts, despite English being their native language, and no one corrects them.

Let's not further embarrass the original poster, who was only trying to be of help.

Misspelling a brand name is a small sin compared to some posts I've seen here!

Thank you.

Being a bit humorous..

Watching from afar and with bit of memory back in the 50s... no one had problems with smoke ,peanuts, perfume, gluten, ADHD Not to the extent that they were allergies . People may have not liked them as a personal taste but becoming medically ill I just never saw that ; even cigarette smoke no one had an allergic reaction.

The brain is very powerful and sometimes can turn out emotions into what we might think of as reality Psychologist's refer this to a conditioned response and it people can be conditioned to be revolted by their favorite foods or drink.

After 4 hours in a opera... just about anything would set me off....

People may have not liked them as a personal taste but becoming medically ill I just never saw that ; even cigarette smoke no one had an allergic reaction.

As the childhood victim of a smoker's abuse, I almost went through the roof when I read that. I also lost 2 childhood friends to asthma. Their otherwise loving parents never seemed to associate their childrens' respiratory problems to their smoking.:confused::rolleyes:

Not sure it was smokers' abuse in the 1960's, before the effects of smoking were commonly known. But it certainly could be looked at as that today, when the effects of second hand smoke (not to mention first hand smoke) are well known, advertised and documented. The addictive impact the weed has on people is amazing to me - in Turkey on our last cruise the stacks and stacks of cigarette cartons in the duty free shop had emblazoned on one whole side "SMOKING WILL KILL YOU". I just don't understand why anyone would start smoking today, or not do everything they could to quit. :confused:

I understand, and agree with some of HawaiiDan's discussion about the changes over the last 50 years. However, that being said, I still don't want to be stuck for any period of time next to smokers, those over-indulging in perfume/cologne, strong hand lotion, etc. Would I say anything? No, absolutely not - that would be rude. Do I think less of them? No. But I would find some way to get far enough away from them that it didn't bother me if I possibly could. That is not always possible in an airplane, sitting at a concert, etc. Therefore, I simply wish people would respect others' personal space, in ALL manner of things.

Edited by TKS