Excursion recommendations - Jewel of the Seas

AmyWrites

This is our first cruise (okay, I've been on cruises before, but veeeeerrry long ago), and we're overwhelmed by the excursions! Any recommendations? We're an adventurous couple, really want a unique experience.

Also, are they worth it? Back during my first cruises, I remember that there really wasn't a lot of consistency with the value of excursions, some were amazing, others felt like a rip off. But I don't want to assume things are the same now, since it's been so long.

This is our first cruise (okay, I've been on cruises before, but veeeeerrry long ago), and we're overwhelmed by the excursions! Any recommendations? We're an adventurous couple, really want a unique experience.

Also, are they worth it? Back during my first cruises, I remember that there really wasn't a lot of consistency with the value of excursions, some were amazing, others felt like a rip off. But I don't want to assume things are the same now, since it's been so long.

Which itinerary will you be on? DW and I just did the Dominica itinerary and would be happy to share a few thoughts. I'm going to do a full writeup in the next day or two as well, which might be helpful.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Try the forum for your ports of call:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

We're on the same cruise, just saw you on the roll call. We like active excursions, too, and rarely book ship excursions. There's a recent poster on the roll call looking for someone to share a hiking excursion on Dominica and a catamaran snorkeling excursion on Tortola. We've done bothe the excursions he's looking at and enjoyed them. For St. Kitts, our favorite excursion there so far has been Javin's myiskand tours, which includes both hiking and snorkeling. We're planning on booking with him again next year (doing a hike on Nevis this year with Beulah's Welcome Tours). Javin's website is https://myislandstours.shutterfly.com/?cid=SEGOO.DSA&gclid=CJqt24-RzbsCFWRk7AodiTMAKA?cid=SEGOO.DSA&gclid=CJqt24-RzbsCFWRk7AodiTMAKA. Beulah May still have space on the Nevis hike, too. Her website is http://tourstkittsandnevis.com/?page_id=2. We're doing the Nevis historical and rainforest hike.

Edited by Miss Vickie

Your first stop should be a guidebook....find out what's available in each port, decide what you want to do, then you can decide HOW to do it! You may find you don't need an excursion at all! If you decide you do need a guide, hit the "Port of Call" boards and find out how others have done what you want to do!

Did you book through the cruise line or independently? I've heard good things about this excursion. . . .

Sorry - this is about the Cosol tour. . . forgot to mention that!

Edited by Giulia