How About Delta???

Jaxsonbrownie

Don't bet on being notified. That happened to us 3 times last year and not once did they notify us. I only found out by checking our reservations on their website.

bswisu,

Same with us! Two different trips, several changes, and we never got a "heads up". On one change(different aircraft), they seperated my wife and I and moved us to the back of the plane. I caught it online, but you have to call to modify their changes. It always works out, but what a weak system! They still have great connections for us flying to the east coast. Delta, American and South West are the airlines we use most.(We fly at least once a month).

Enjoy!

Kel

I have always purchased my airline tickets through Expedia. If there is a change, which has happened to me a few times, you get a prompt e-mail. If it is a major change, they tell you to call customer service. You can also enter your frequent flyer number for credit on their site.

I purchased these tickets through Priceline, as well as registering at Delta's website for frequent flyer status. There is a place to be notified through e-mail of any deviations in flights. I am still checking them myself on-line every week just to make sure though.:) Jaxson

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are scaring me. How do I check my itinirary online? Checking every week is retarded. Southwest never has problems like this.

Edit: Never mind. Figured it out. Looks like you guys are right. You have to check constantly. They've already changed the flight # of one of my legs. Luckily, the time is still the same as is my seat #. Can't find that flight online anymore. Guess it was a good thing I booked so early (actually thank my TA for nagging me).

Just a couple of comments. We fly frequently on Delta (using frequent flyer miles to fly into London and out of Brussels in just a week!) and other airlines, and Delta is no worse or better than the other airlines in my opinion. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Chapter 11 is just a reorganization, and several airlines have done those (a few more than once). Chapter 11 does not cause a major interruption in service. When an airline completely goes out of business, that is a different matter entirely and will leave passengers stranded and at the mercy of other airlines, which are compelled by law to honor the tickets but will only put stranded passengers from another airline on flights that are not full (good luck with that this summer!).

If you and your family are all traveling on the same record locator, you will stay seated together even if Delta changes types of airplanes. However, your location in the plane may be affected, so I check every week or so for long haul flights like the ones we are flying from Atlanta to London and from Brussels to London because good seating is more important on the longer flights.

I have had horrible experiences with Delta such as the one last spring when we were flying into National and were advised at DFW at 5:00 that our plane was out of commission and that we would not be able to get there that night. It's hard for me to believe that at 5:00 p.m. in a major hub airport that Delta couldn't find another plane somewhere to get us into Washington that night because this situation was not weather related. We are pretty savvy and found a way to get there on American that night but had to fly into another airport in the area (our friends were waiting for us). But I've had those same kind of horrible experiences on American, Northwest, Continental, and U.S. Air. I've also been stuck in airports for hours on end while the plane is coming any minute if you know what I mean. Several times on American, so I avoid them if at all possible. We've also had the lost luggage nightmare several times, and unfortunately this is all just part of flying these days. Last year I had a sweater torn up by a tray in a bulkhead seat (those fold out of the armrest), and stuff just happens sometimes. We deal with it and go on. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think your plan of going a day early is well advised.

I hope you have a great trip,

Donna

"Retarded"? :mad:

Ok, the airline forcing its passengers to check weekly to see what horrendous changes have been made that will totally screw up their travel plans is absolutely unprofessional, ridiculous, and moronic on the part of the airline. There. Didn't use "retarded." Better? :)

We booked FLL to SFO for an Oct flight on Delta through Expedia about 6 months ago. About a month ago, the Expedia itenerary had a flashing note -- call Customer Service. On calling Expedia, Expedia asked our approval for a change that Delta had requested. Then yesterday I got a call directly from Delta asking our approval for another change -- not much change in Date/Time but now routed through Cincinnati instead of Atlanta. On their own, Delta also offered some coupons for agreeing to the change. So I asked Delta whether since our booking is from Expedia, they would also inform Expedia? She laughed and said NO! So what Expedia shows and the revised e-ticket (by email from Delta) are out of synch. Should I tell Expedia or just let it ride? /Sultan

Delta doesn't want Expedia to know. I wonder also. maybe it's cuz Expedia will want compensation as well since I believe technically, Expedia buys tickets from Delta at a discounted rate, and then sells them to us at a slight markup.

Hi Donna, thanks for the reply and the advise and wishes for a great trip. I figured if we booked the day before, it would give us plenty of room for change if it happens.We have only flown USAIR before and they are just getting way too expensive and was looking for opinions of flyers of Delta since we chose to fly with them this time.It's very interesting reading all the responses. I also have had luggage just rifled through before and have had some jewelry lost(thankfully not the "good" things),never had luggage lost though,knock on wood! While on vacation, we just kind of roll with the punches and make the best of everything,change is inevitable so we think of it as an adventure in the making!Thanks again! Jaxson:)

I'm getting concerned with my Delta flight. Unfortunately, I was unable to fly out the day before due to work scheduling and no evening flights to FLL. I have a direct flight from Cincinnati to Fort Lauderdale that is due to arrive at 11:46 AM the day my cruise leaves at 5 PM. There are 5 or 6 other direct flight that same day but there is only one that will even land before 5. Is there any way to try to determine which flights may be canceled? Also, would I get advance notice of this so I could try to go out stand-by the day before?

Rachel1374, After booking my flight with Delta,I went to their website to register with them.After doing that, there is a place at the website where you can register your e-mail and and be notified of any flight changes up to 3 days before your planned flight. By reading some of these replies to this thread, that doesn't always happen though, so I am going to keep checking my flight # up until we leave about every week, just to keep an eye on things. I am hoping that by registering with them, that they will notify me....:) Jaxson Can anyone else help her?

I also check delta as often as possible. Had a situation where I could see that there was going to be a flight change due to the website not giving all info ... called Delta was told not flight info was the same as the last time I had checked ... yep you got it ... 6 hours later, flight change ... now most of the changes have not been major ... basically just an adjustment in times ... but there have also been actual flight changes and plane changes ... one of the flight changes created a 5 hour lay over ... I contacted Delta and they adjusted the connecting flight ...

Am I happy with the almost weekly changes on delta, not hardly ... but other then this I find them to be very good ...

• 2 weeks later...

Sultan, Please help! What kind of coupons did Delta offer you? We have a flight completely cancelled on us and there are no other flights at all that we can take until the NEXT day!!! Now we have an unplanned night in a hotel in a major city (think BIG $$$!) and they have offered us NOTHING! The worst part is we are loyal Delta F.Flyers! We even asked customer service what they would for us and got nothing!

Archived