How About Delta???

Jaxsonbrownie

I normally have flown USAIR, but due to continuing skyrocketing prices, I found a flight from NY to FLL, 1 stop in Atlanta, for $205 pp roundtrip,on Delta. Was afraid if I waited longer(this is for next April) the prices would only go up and/or good flight times would get booked out.Bought the tickets. Anyone who has flown this airline re-assure me this is a good airline to travel with.Experiences,opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks....Jaxson

I have flown Delta and had no problems. I am flying Delta Song, its Delta's shared partner, in February, Boston to Ft. Lauderdale. Looking forward to it. If you get a reservation on Delta's Song, you will find it to be a very close experience to Jetblue.

I normally have flown USAIR, but due to continuing skyrocketing prices, I found a flight from NY to FLL, 1 stop in Atlanta, for $205 pp roundtrip,on Delta. Was afraid if I waited longer(this is for next April) the prices would only go up and/or good flight times would get booked out.Bought the tickets. Anyone who has flown this airline re-assure me this is a good airline to travel with.Experiences,opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks....Jaxson

Jaxson,

Delta is a good airline. I would, however, check their website and your booking once a week, as they have a habit of changing times, planes and flight numbers. If they make a major change (like aircraft type) you may get bumped out of your great seats and moved to some other location. We use Delta all the time, but you need to stay on top of things!

Enjoy!

Kel

Delta is my only carrier (if at all possible). Even when we book thru the Cruise Line, I always ask for and receive Delta. Just used our frequent flyer miles on out last cruise to Hawaii. I flew Cincinnati to Portland, Oregon, visited family and friends in Oregon and California, then get the transfer to Ensenada, Mexico to pick up Jewel of the Seas to Hawaii. After the cruise we spent more time in Honolulu and Kona and then flew home, non stop from Honolulu to Cincinnati. All flights on time and very good service. Yes, I always check to make use there is not a change, but their web site is also very good and I can pull my itinerary up at any time. Our next cruise is 2006, and I have requested Delta, non stop to London at that time.

I would assume that if they did make a major change like in flight times and such, that they would notify you in someway or I should keep a good eye on things and just watch for any changes? I purchased 5 tickets as we have a small group traveling together, and wanted to make sure we all flew and stayed together at the same time.We are fling from NY to Atlanta on a smaller express Canadair Regional 700 jet,then changing to a 767 to FLL.How do the smaller ones fly,I am really not a great flyer? And thanks for all the help,keep it coming!:) Jaxson

DH and I have flown Delta as Song and really enjoy it. The kids loved it as we all had our own TV's in front of us. It is very similiar to JetBlue. We have always paid decent prices flying through them and have found it enjoyable.

As for just Delta... I don't know.

We fly Delta all the time and like the airline very much, we just returned from Rome and the service was great.

As far as the small jets they are fine they get above the weather. I am not a good flyer and have no problem on these planes.

Tom

I have flown Delta but probably wouldn't again unless there was a really good fare. They were consistenly late - as much as 2 hours. This is only my experience. I know many people fly Delta with no problems.

We are fling from NY to Atlanta on a smaller express Canadair Regional 700 jet,then changing to a 767 to FLL.How do the smaller ones fly,I am really not a great flyer?

I have the same situation when I fly to FLL from Wisconsin. I actually find the regional jets much smoother in terms of the flight. The widebodys are certainly more roomier however.

I fly Delta at least 6 times a year because they are a major carrier here in Tampa. No problems and they are usually on schedule. It pays to book early and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Delta is a really good airline but you probably could of gotten a better deal...I'm going on a cruise sept 5 to the 9th and i searched EVERY airline for about 2 weeks straight everyday online from expedia, travelocity, and orbitz. Even though it wasn't a bad deal all the prices ranged from $180-$223. But since my mom goes to Tampa from NYC all the time and i knew one time she got a fare for $119 roundtrip I knew I could find a better deal...sure enough I found through SpiritAir for $135 roundtrip non-stop from LGA to FLL... Even though I've never traveled with them I hope theyre good b/c there flight arrival and dept were perfect for our cruise...

P.S. I don't necessarily think prices would of gone up...when I purchased our tickets 2 weeks ago I was amazed of how cheap last minute deals were...in travelocity for the whole month of july (till the 28th) delta had a deal of $115 roundtrip to FLL...and me searching for flights in Sept were $180...So if I were you, I would keep checking the prices and see if Delta will reimburst you if you find a cheaper rate later on...also Jetblue has wonderful service..the seats are new and comfy, you can get unlimited soda and chips, you have several good channels to choose from and you can find good deals w/them too...

We are flying out of Rochester,NY, so we would need a flight to LGA from ROC anyway, so the price Delta gave me was pretty good I thought.SpiritAir doesn't fly out of ROC,so that is out the question,and JetBlue was being considered until they gave me a price of $455 roundtrip out of ROC, so no deal was found with them either.And I searched Priceline, Hotwire, Sidestep,alot of discount sites, priceline gave me the best deal.And like I said, I wanted good flight times,not late in the day or flying back home real late, the airport is a good hour drive to get home.I will watch prices to see if the drop,but I really don't think that is going to happen in the future,they are saying they are only going up with all the fuel prices.I think I got a pretty good deal for my money,from where I am flying out of.But thanks:) Jaxson

We almost always fly Delta and have never encountered any problems with being late or having lost/damaged baggage. I'm an avid user of my Delta Skymiles credit card to get miles. I just bought 4 roundtrip tickets to FLL for my August cruise at $10.00 each with my card miles. Gotta love it!

Can any of you Delta frequent flyers comment on their transcontinental first class (or business) service? I'm about to have ticketed SFO-ATL-YUL (Montreal) in 1st class, but am researching options with other carriers, namely Continental and United.

How does Delta's first class service compare with the others? I know it's not what it used to be, but..........

My DW and I flew first class on Delta ATL-LAS round trip this past March. It was worth it just for the extra room. You still get "free" drinks and a meal for flights over four hours. The drinks are ok and the meal is still airline type food. The flight attendants were very nice and the aircraft was on time both ways. Depending on which model you fly, some of the aircraft are getting old and worn looking. We live in a city which Delta is King so have not had a chance to fly Continental or United.:)

We have flown Delta half dozen times and each and every time I regret it and not sure how I get sucked in again. They are always and I repeat always delayed or out right cancelled. The flight attendants have been on more than one occasion very rude. Just flew them 2 weeks ago (not by choice, cruise arranged and it was a disaster going and coming) I would not recommend them nor would I fly them again.

... since yours is the first really negative response I have gotten ...
FWIW, I put my own Delta experiences in this post. I wouldn't say that I'd never fly Delta again, because there may be times when it'll be the best solution to a problem. But the last experience was one which I really wouldn't care to repeat.

I purchesed my tickets on delta in january for my september cruise. The flights and equipment have changed at least seven times. On original flights we were near the front of the plane, now in the back. You have to check the flights at least once a week and if you see a change, pick new seats right away if you want to set together. I expect more changes to happen before my trip but I just go with the flow. I will be on vacation so who cares. Have a great trip and don't worry so much. Changes will happen, times, equipment, flight numbers and seats.

FWIW, I really am not affected by changes in seats or times, I agree with leonardray, when you are on vacation,don't sweat the small stuff,go with the flow and have a ball. Just was looking for different opinions on this airline since we have only flown with one other.I appreciate all the replies though, thank you all & feel free to keep them coming:) Jaxson

Delta just released their financial results for the 2nd quarter and as expected another big loss. Chapter 11 seems more probable as ea day goes by. Some senior executives are bailing out already.

Whhewww. You gave me a nervous jolt there! Thank heavens we are flying in the day before our cruise,so if we have to change our schedule around a little, we'll still be ok.:) I guess I will just have to check the flight alot and keep a good eye on it.I would expect that we would be notified of any devience in our scheduled flight?Jaxson

Archived