Price Variations

This New Years we were going to take a cruise from Fort Lauderdale, but it didn't end up happening. We have now planned it for 2014/2015 New years but the prices seem ridiculously high compared to last year. The price is high anyway because it is the New Years eve cruise, but the price has increased by $300-400 dollars!!

Am I just looking at it too early and they will drop the price later? or will it go up?

Is there a sale they will have sometime this year when I can get it cheaper?

It leaves on the 28th Dec on Allure of the seas. I can't quite figure out what I should do!

Please help...

There's no predicting the prices. It all depends on how well the cruise is selling. If there is a sale, it will usually be listed in the weekly sales flyer about 4 - 6 weeks before the cruise.

Here's a link to the flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

It varies, but if you're dead set on the Allure, than it's going to be a premium. Add the fact that it's over NYE and you're in the top tier pricing here. However, you might get lower prices on other ships. We got an unheard of deal for the Grandeur over NYE. Less than 80/night per person.

4-6 weeks before!! WOW! That will leave me in some anticipation!

I just don't want to miss out on booking. After these prices drops come out, I am guessing the probably fill all the rooms?

Is there a way to find out how many rooms are left?

They always fill the staterooms. Sometimes they don't have to lower prices, and sometimes they do.

If you don't want to miss out on booking, then bite the bullet and book it.

It seems like every time I turn around, they are having some kind of sale. The problem is you will probably suffer the Murphy's law of sales that everything BUT what you are looking for will be on sale. The price will depend on how much is booked. With holiday cruises, they tend to book faster and sooner due to demand, but come closer to sailing, if it is not fully booked, you might get some good deals, but given the demand and the holidays, do you really want to leave it up to chance?

Sailing on Allure for the week that includes New Year's Eve is guaranteed to be the most expensive fare of all ships in the fleet all year long.

That's just the way that it is. (Note: This excludes Quantum. Quantum will probably be even higher)

Hello Hansen,

We just booked our next cruise on RCI Navigator of the Seas, Nov 9, 2014 sailing out of Galveston, 7 nights. Price was super low and there is also a $150discount certificate on-line. Going with a Jr. Suite again. Perhaps you and your bride will be able to join us? Ports are Cozumel Mexico, Georgetown Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaca

Let us know where you next cruise will be. Have a merry Christmas.

St. John & Ronda - Independance of the Seas.

It seems like every time I turn around, they are having some kind of sale. The problem is you will probably suffer the Murphy's law of sales that everything BUT what you are looking for will be on sale. The price will depend on how much is booked. With holiday cruises, they tend to book faster and sooner due to demand, but come closer to sailing, if it is not fully booked, you might get some good deals, but given the demand and the holidays, do you really want to leave it up to chance?

Does RC have like a mid year sale or anything?

They don't have a sale that will lower prices.

Their occasional promotions will offer other benefits like OBC, but they won't lower prices. However, prices can only fall due to demand forecasts as others have mentioned.

Hello Hansen,

We just booked our next cruise on RCI Navigator of the Seas, Nov 9, 2014 sailing out of Galveston, 7 nights. Price was super low and there is also a $150discount certificate on-line. Going with a Jr. Suite again. Perhaps you and your bride will be able to join us? Ports are Cozumel Mexico, Georgetown Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaca

Let us know where you next cruise will be. Have a merry Christmas.

St. John & Ronda - Independance of the Seas.

Aaaw man, we got that same itinerary from Baltimore on the Grandeur over New Year's Eve leaving December 27th 2014. That's a 10 night cruise. We're taking the kids this time. We booked that onboard the Independence, We had already decided before we boarded, but booked onboard to get the best price and selection. I paid the same price for our Independence cruise. I can't take two cruises in that short a time, my boss would get disbarred. However, farther in the future, fall 2015 we are looking for Panama Canal. They haven't published those dates yet.

This New Years we were going to take a cruise from Fort Lauderdale, but it didn't end up happening. We have now planned it for 2014/2015 New years but the prices seem ridiculously high compared to last year. The price is high anyway because it is the New Years eve cruise, but the price has increased by $300-400 dollars!!

Am I just looking at it too early and they will drop the price later? or will it go up?

Is there a sale they will have sometime this year when I can get it cheaper?

It leaves on the 28th Dec on Allure of the seas. I can't quite figure out what I should do!

Please help...

As others have already pointed out you have picked the most expensive ship at the most expensive time of the year. But if you want a new years cruise but are not dead set on Allure there are other options. We are taking a six day cruise on Independence at the same time also leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. With a small military discount it is costing us $1275 per person for a D2 balcony cabin where it would be $2659 per person if we were taking Allure at the same timeframe.