Norwegian Studio Cabins info

HCTiger9704

My sister-in-law's grandmother wanted information about the Studio Cabins. What information do you think I should share with her? How would you describe the Studio Cabins?

If you have pictures, I will print them out to give it too her.

Edited by HCTiger9704

This is what NCL says:

Cool and hip, right down to the funky lighting and flat screen TV, this exclusive key card access-only category is unlike anything you have ever experienced before. These staterooms have a full size bed for one guest and a window view to the corridor. Studio guests have private key card access to The Living Room, which is a shared private lounge that boasts a bar, two large TV screens and comfy seating for hanging out, reading a book or just enjoying a drink before dinner. Awarded "Best Cruise Line for Solo Travelers" by Porthole Magazine in 2012; Norwegian Epic is the ship of choice that was specifically designed and priced for the solo traveler. (No single supplement required)

Accommodates: 1

Approx. Size: 100 sq. ft.

EPIC.STUDIO.R-wth-fp_0.jpg

Tons of info out there for you to share: video tours, pics, reviews

https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=NCL+EPIC+STUDIO+CABINS

They are a great way for solo travelers to meet other people in a social setting. You can do group activities or do your own thing, whatever you want to do. They have a Happy Hour each evening where people meet up and often go for group dinners if that's your thing. Rooms themselves may seem small in size but they are very efficient and perfect for one person. Lots of fun.

Edited by ColinIllinois

We loved the studio when we were on the Epic. Even though it's small in sq ft, it seemed bigger because of the storage space. They really designed the room well.

You can click on the link in my signature line for a review of them.

HERE'S a link to my smugmug page with all the pictures we took inside the studio.

I would stay in one again- did a regular inside, a balcony and a studio on the Epic. I will likely do one on the Getaway. There is so much to do on the ship and in the Caribbean ports, that it is not a deal-breaker always to have the bigger space if you are more into being out more.

However, if you like having a few or several hours of your day for your own time and space- it might not be for you

I met a lady sailing with her Son and DIL and grandchildren. She was in the studio cabin and they were in a balcony setup. She did most activities with her family, but also gave them time alone and joined in with the group for the solo things once in a while.

So I think it is a grand thing for anyone of any age to cruise in a studio cabin and have contact with all sorts of people. It was a very fun experience. IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

Edited by Sauer-kraut

What, no hairdryer in the studio cabins on the Epic? How did that happen?

There was one when I was in an Epic studio last year. If there now aren't any, then I guess they've been removed? Which would be strange...

The one in my cabin was lying inside that top left shelf beside the sink.

Edited by dreamr

I stayed in a Solo Studio on the Epic last December and really liked it. I've had balcony rooms, oceanview, etc. so this was new but was fine. I didn't spend that much time in my room. It has plenty of space for one person. The bed is large, and there is plenty of storage. You'll see from the photos that there is no chair, just a small bench beneath the desk. You'll need to watch TV from bed. There is plenty of seating and more TVs in the Studio Lounge area. I did have a hairdryer, no problem. I liked the cool lighting and keycard access to the hallway. I spent a lot of time in a lounge chair on the Promenade Deck, reading in the shade. I did notice that the Epic seemed to have a lot of movement for a large ship, and my room creaked quite a bit (just the various panels and fittings). If Granny is a light sleeper, she may want to bring earplugs. The empty hangers in the closet slid around a rattled quite a bit as well -- I just took them down and put them in a drawer.

I've booked a Solo Studio on the POA for my Hawaii cruise this spring. If I want to travel alone without spending a LOT of money,the solo studios are a good option.

I stayed in a Solo Studio on the Epic last December and really liked it. I've had balcony rooms, oceanview, etc. so this was new but was fine. I didn't spend that much time in my room. It has plenty of space for one person. The bed is large, and there is plenty of storage. You'll see from the photos that there is no chair, just a small bench beneath the desk. You'll need to watch TV from bed. There is plenty of seating and more TVs in the Studio Lounge area. I did have a hairdryer, no problem. I liked the cool lighting and keycard access to the hallway. I spent a lot of time in a lounge chair on the Promenade Deck, reading in the shade. I did notice that the Epic seemed to have a lot of movement for a large ship, and my room creaked quite a bit (just the various panels and fittings). If Granny is a light sleeper, she may want to bring earplugs. The empty hangers in the closet slid around a rattled quite a bit as well -- I just took them down and put them in a drawer.

I've booked a Solo Studio on the POA for my Hawaii cruise this spring. If I want to travel alone without spending a LOT of money,the solo studios are a good option.

I did have some creaking as well on the Epic- removing the hangers helped a lot. Vs. the Breakaway, the Epic seemed to move a lot more even though I was on the Breakaway in Sept.

My plan would be to book the Getaway for the fall and then I will see if I can upgrade for cheap- if not the Studio is more than good with me