Share your Carnival GoPro Videos

I dont see a problem with it even if they are trying to make some "uber cool video". Its their cruise, everyone enjoys it in a different way...

That being said, the thread kinda got hyjacked... lol Where are the videos?

Show us... Show us... lol

Gotta wait to mid March - nothing but practice for now - in the DESERT! (Doesn't quite jive with the thread goals :) )

***To deviate back to chargers/bricks/etc - I found this on eBay after a lot of looking. 4 USB outlets that are all high powered at 1A each or better when used simultaneously. Most multi-outlet usb bricks split 1A or less, this way all devices charge at their peak ability - and with a simple euro plug adapter for 3.00 more, it can plug into the Magic's euro outlet, freeing up the other one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301026713480?var=600172748806&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Edited by shootr

• 4 weeks later...

We are definitely bringing out GoPro onto the Carnival Dream February 15-23. Going to take lots of footage of the process, the ship, our excursions, etc. since my partner is in the audio, video, technical, satelite and production business, when we get home and he works his magic, we will be more than happy to share. We LOVE our GoPro !!

We are definitely bringing out GoPro onto the Carnival Dream February 15-23. Going to take lots of footage of the process, the ship, our excursions, etc. since my partner is in the audio, video, technical, satelite and production business, when we get home and he works his magic, we will be more than happy to share. We LOVE our GoPro !!

I can't wait to see what you come up with, especially with our trip on the dream coming up in May.

So for a newbie Gopro'er, is the Hero2 an okay option? The prices I am seeing for those are much more doable before our cruise.

They are all capable cameras and any of the HD Hero models will do great video. The higher end models are good if you need higher frame rates or shorter timelapse intervals, but an HD Hero2 is still a very good camera.

So for a newbie Gopro'er, is the Hero2 an okay option? The prices I am seeing for those are much more doable before our cruise.

My partner is in the professional broadcast business and knows his stuff. He does broadcast work in house for the Detroit Red Wings, shows for Ford Motor Company, and satellite work for the Detroit Tigers. He just said the HERO 2 is an exceptional GoPro for it's cost and what it does and will be great for a novice up to a professional

They are all capable cameras and any of the HD Hero models will do great video. The higher end models are good if you need higher frame rates or shorter timelapse intervals, but an HD Hero2 is still a very good camera.

My partner is in the professional broadcast business and knows his stuff. He does broadcast work in house for the Detroit Red Wings, shows for Ford Motor Company, and satellite work for the Detroit Tigers. He just said the HERO 2 is an exceptional GoPro for it's cost and what it does and will be great for a novice up to a professional

Thank you to you both!

My apologies to the others! I didn't mean to hijack the thread!

Here is my first GoPro video from my December cruise on the Freedom. I am new to GoPros and editing and I have a lot to learn! But the camera was a blast to use on the cruise. I loved taking it snorkeling and horseback riding on the beach!

I have a silver hero 2. Looking forward to taking on my February cruise on the Dream!

http://youtu.be/aCIFQ78pbRI

That's our cruise! Dream 2/15. I would love to get some pro tips! I am a pastel artist so I usually spend my time on deck painting but I want to make time to learn the camera better before a summer trip to Iceland! cabin 8219

OMG! thank you all for making me want to go buy one TODAY. My daughter bought her hubby one for their cruise on the dream last thanksgiving and when they went scuba diving the videos were off the charts!!!!! Soooooo..... I booked the entire family of 6 for a cruise march 2 on the legend which DD and SIL along with hubby will be scuba diving, I was not sure whether we should buy one so he can get his own videos or not and watching all the videos on here tells me I should, if nothing else I will attach it to my great danes collar and get some dog footage!!!!! ;)

Where is the best place to buy one in St Maarten and roughly how much are they? My hubby has been oogling these for a while and this would be an awesome present to bring home for him....he was nice enough to let me go off to the Carribean and leave him home in this terrible Canadian winter! TIA

Here is a link to the video that my husband created of one of our Carnival Paradise cruises to Cozumel. It was shot with a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition. Hope you guys enjoy!

Wow, really cool. What was that wand thing you held the camera with to get those shots? I haven't seen that as an assessory. How's the audio if you didn't want to play a song over your shots? Sorry, I know this is a thread to see the videos, but these are amazing and I want to know more about the Go Pro. The Hero 3 white edition looks right up my alley!!!

Wow, really cool. What was that wand thing you held the camera with to get those shots? I haven't seen that as an assessory. How's the audio if you didn't want to play a song over your shots? Sorry, I know this is a thread to see the videos, but these are amazing and I want to know more about the Go Pro. The Hero 3 white edition looks right up my alley!!!

Thanks! It is called a quik pod. It has been a wonderful tool to have. The audio is not great with GoPros mainly due to the waterproof case that is around it. There is a skeleton case available more for sound type shots.

• 1 month later...