Ruby Caribbean Adventure

Working 2 Cruise

Hello everyone! This will be our first cruise to the Caribbean! Very excited but a long way to go..

I have a couple of questions.

Can anyone provide me with Dave's review of the Ruby? I would love to see photos of the Ruby..

We are going to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Nassau, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Cozumel. What should we not miss on?

I still have almost a year to do my research but I was hoping for a head start from all of you.

Thank you!

Tha

Hello everyone! This will be our first cruise to the Caribbean! Very excited but a long way to go..

Can anyone provide me with Dave's review of the Ruby? I would love to see photos of the Ruby..

We are going to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Nassau, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Cozumel. What should we not miss on?

I still have almost a year to do my research but I was hoping for a head start from all of you.

Thank you!

Tha

Nina, very cool that you are going to the Caribbean. I am going to be putting a deposit down on one out of Houston on December 10, 2014. I already have my private tour booked for Roatan. I have been to Roatan once before with a friend. We booked a private tour company by the name of Victor Bodden. Our guide was Tex. We each paid $40 and it was an all day tour. Basically, we could pick and choose what we wanted to do and then Tex also suggested a couple of things. I'll send you an email with more details of what we did and some general info. Roatan is my favorite Caribbean port. Granted, I have not done a Southern itinerary yet, just Eastern and Western. The only port you are going to that I have not been to is St. Maarten. I will email you some details on the other ports as well. I should be able to get info to you in the next couple of days.:)

I have not been on the Ruby. We were on the Crown for our last Western cruise and did the Sea Princess when she was new. My other two Caribbean cruises were on Royal Caribbean.

Edited by MichelleinOC

First of all, read the posts on the port boards on Cruise Critic. These will tell you a lot about other folks experience in each port and let you decide to take either the tours from Princess or an independent.

Personal opinions on ports - St Thomas = go for all day catamaran to St Johns. Grand Cayman - anything with the stingrays, although the rays plus dolphin swim was great (last trip the ray sandbar was closed due to weather, so Princess gave us dolphins only for 1/2 price). Lots of options in Coz and St Maarten, depending on your tastes. If snorkeling in Coz, bring your own mask and snorkel. Nassau - dolphin/aquaventure is good at Atlantis, although expensive.

We just got off the Ruby yesterday and had a blast.

For Cozumel (not on ruby but on another line) we had our best excursion ever. We rented a jeep in port for like $50 for the day and drove around for to paradise beach club where we played in thier ocean wàter park then ate in this fabulous cantina on the beach with seafood caught right out if the ocean and giant margaritas

http://www.360cities.net/image/playa-bonita-beach-bar-cozumel-mexico?utm_medium=all_images&utm_source=google_earth

We then drove to the st Genovese Mayan ruins and took the tour

We had so much fun on our own. We didn't book anything pre cruise

My sister likes mr sanchos all inclusive day beach report in Cozumel too, but I couldn't imagine a better time then we had, really seeing the island on us own

Thank you!

Tha

There's a photo review of the Ruby with some of the ports you mentioned...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1786957

Hope this link works and doesn't blow up your computer.

Norris