Docking in Key West

We recently docked there on Brilliance and the dock is essentially adjacent to the main part of town - there are shops at the pier and it's an easy walk to Duval street and other touristy areas. There wasn't any free transportation that I noticed but there were trolly tours and cabs available if you wanted them.

When RCL docks in Key West, is transportation provided to the main part of town and is there a charge?

Thank you,

I do recommend City View Trolley which has a reasonable price. We ended up riding around, getting off where we wanted and walking back to the port along Duval St.

You do dock in the main part of town, and Key West is flat and very walkable. What sort of things are you looking to do there? If you are looking for shops, bars or restaurants, you can walk.

The beaches are a cab ride away, and there is both a trolley, which is Hop On Hop Off, meaning you can get off and see a site and then get back on the next one when it comes along, and the Conch Train, which is one ride. Both are narrated, I believe.

I remember seeing a thread a while ago where the OP said they docked at the naval base because another ship was docked in town. In that case there was a trolley that took passengers to/from the ship and town, and in such case would be free, it was also the only option since it went through restricted areas. I believe a ship would only dock there if more than one ship is at Key West.

What ship will you be on and what date? Majesty of the Seas always docks right in front of the Westin Hotel. You can easily walk from Duval Street from there.

The more inconvenient pier is the Navy OUter Mole pier (OM). That is the one that requires the use of trollys and Conch traisn to ferry passengers over land from and to the ship. There is no charge to passengers for this service.

When RCL docks in Key West, is transportation provided to the main part of town and is there a charge?

Thank you,

There are 3 docks used in Key West.

Mallory Square--- walkable

Pier B --------walkable

Outer Mole...........free shuttle

There will be 3 ships there on the 27th when you are there.

27-Jan Carnival Fascination 7:00 AM 2:30 PM Old Mole 2,052 passengers Carnival 855 ft long

27-Jan Serenade of the Seas 11:00 AM 5:00 PM Pier B 2,501 passengers Royal Caribbean 962 ft. long

27-Jan Ryndam 1:00 PM 5:00 PM Mallory Sq. 1,260 passengers HAL 719 ft. long

Right now you are scheduled at Pier B, but it can change depending on weather conditions.

Here is a link of the pier area.....the ship you see in the picture is Pier B, Mallory Square dock would be just infront of the ship.......and the Old Mole would be that pier(dock) in the middle of the water behind the ship.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Mallory+Square,+Wall+Street,+Key+West,+FL&daddr=Duval+Street,+Key+West,+FL&hl=en&ll=24.557292,-81.805744&spn=0.01372,0.023196&sll=24.561261,-81.80646&sspn=0.001715,0.002899&geocode=Fd--dgEd-bkf-yE6YpncPt8FaCmNupx87LbRiDE6YpncPt8FaA%3BFXupdgEdnM8f-ymHXBXO6bbRiDGhSA43NRlsuA&oq=mallory+squareKey+West,+FL&t=h&mra=ls&z=16

Great place, alot of fun, act as wild as you want, no one will remember you the next day...lol

Edited by Jimbo

I was on Majesty last Oct., so Key West was after Bahamas, so had to go through customs to get off the ship. They didn't say much, but someone told me if I bought a shore excursion I'd be the first off. Then they go by most expensive cabins down to cheaper. I would've had to wait to 11 instead of 9, I bought Old Town Trolley I wanted City View, but they didn't sell that. They bussed people over, but I didn't want to wait. Very short walk. Everything is walkable except the nice beach and garden club on other side

Both times that I've been to KW on RCI (most recently last week on Brilliance) we've docked at the downtown pier. There are usually taxis nearby, as well as the sightseeing trams.

I was also there on Carnival once and we docked at the Navy pier. If you wind up there they will provide trams to the downtown area.

When we go to Key West, we are going to keep walking on Duval St. until we reach what is the southernmost beach in the United States. :)

When we were there we did the trolley tour. As the trolley pulled up to the southernmost monument he announced over his PA system that was loud enough for all those waiting in line to hear that all the people on the trolley could just go to the front of the line to take their pictures as we could not hold up traffic for long. Oh the nasty looks we received before people realized that he was joking.

There are 3 docks used in Key West.

Mallory Square--- walkable

Pier B --------walkable

Outer Mole...........free shuttle

There will be 3 ships there on the 27th when you are there.

27-Jan Carnival Fascination 7:00 AM 2:30 PM Old Mole 2,052 passengers Carnival 855 ft long

27-Jan Serenade of the Seas 11:00 AM 5:00 PM Pier B 2,501 passengers Royal Caribbean 962 ft. long

27-Jan Ryndam 1:00 PM 5:00 PM Mallory Sq. 1,260 passengers HAL 719 ft. long

Right now you are scheduled at Pier B, but it can change depending on weather conditions.

Here is a link of the pier area.....the ship you see in the picture is Pier B, Mallory Square dock would be just infront of the ship.......and the Old Mole would be that pier(dock) in the middle of the water behind the ship.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Mallory+Square,+Wall+Street,+Key+West,+FL&daddr=Duval+Street,+Key+West,+FL&hl=en&ll=24.557292,-81.805744&spn=0.01372,0.023196&sll=24.561261,-81.80646&sspn=0.001715,0.002899&geocode=Fd--dgEd-bkf-yE6YpncPt8FaCmNupx87LbRiDE6YpncPt8FaA%3BFXupdgEdnM8f-ymHXBXO6bbRiDGhSA43NRlsuA&oq=mallory+squareKey+West,+FL&t=h&mra=ls&z=16

Great place, alot of fun, act as wild as you want, no one will remember you the next day...lol

Great information! We were in Key West last Tuesday on Serenade and we docked at Pier B (HAL was docked at Mallory Square) and it's a 5 minute walk over to Duval Street ... that is if you don't stop along the way which we did çuz I had to get my key lime concentrate at the Key Lime Store! LOL :D