Posh Pass

Va. Plumber

What is the earliest you can begin check-in for Epic?

Generally speaking, what is the latest you could possibly get a Posh Pass?

No idea. On my sailing we got to the port shortly after 10 and sailed through check in and ended up in group 6 to board. Think posh pass sell out varies greatly by sailing. On mine, we were down at guest services at 1 (a good hour + after we boarded) and they were still available, I've heard of other selling out in 15 minutes.

Just FYI in case you don't get a pass. If you go to the buffet and the little stand alone elevators near the pool to 18, and go to the very front of the ship. There's a nice area up there with padded loungers open to everyone. We never found it to be completely full, I don't think alot of people found it. It was a nice spot for sail away.

• 2 weeks later...
Just FYI in case you don't get a pass. If you go to the buffet and the little stand alone elevators near the pool to 18, and go to the very front of the ship. There's a nice area up there with padded loungers open to everyone. We never found it to be completely full, I don't think alot of people found it. It was a nice spot for sail away.

I know the are you are talking about at the front of the ship. That's different than Posh? We did our first cruise last spring and found it almost by accident, sounds like all this time I thought we were in the Posh area

Is there a posh area on the getaway? How much are the passes?

Yes and no. On Breakaway and Getaway there is Vibe Beach Club that is upgraded Posh with hot tub(s). The basic access for the week on Breakaway has been $79pp. There are also Cabanas that one can rent to their private use for the duration of the cruise for higher price.

Yet another creative idea NCL came up with to nickel and dime the customer.

No one has to buy it. If you don't want to buy Posh/Vibe passes, you can just get a deck chair on one of the public access decks. It is 100% a choice, which all these "nickel and dime" options are. After the mass chair hogging that occurred on my NYE 2011 Epic cruise, I gladly paid for Posh on my next Epic cruise.

No one has to buy it. If you don't want to buy Posh/Vibe passes, you can just get a deck chair on one of the public access decks. It is 100% a choice, which all these "nickel and dime" options are. After the mass chair hogging that occurred on my NYE 2011 Epic cruise, I gladly paid for Posh on my next Epic cruise.

Yep, there is a free adult area, as well. However, some complain of crowds (really, with 4000+ on the ship?!). NCL gives an option for those who want a little peace and quiet. It's so nice to have options! Personally, we don't like to start a vacation with stress (like being one of the first 40 to get the pass), so we opted to spend even more on the Spa Pass, which doesn't sell out as quickly, just to have a quiet, peaceful area to go to avoid the masses.

I know the are you are talking about at the front of the ship. That's different than Posh? We did our first cruise last spring and found it almost by accident, sounds like all this time I thought we were in the Posh area

Yes, that is different than the posh area. There's a big fence in between the two on that deck, but you can't access the posh area without the pass. I think one elevator goes to posh (and you have to put your key card in to get to it), the other goes to the public area.

Yup, that's the definition of nickel and dime charges. Optional. Problem is, NCL has slowly but surely eliminated included options that now cost extra. You know, an extra nickel or an extra dime. Soon enough you will only get crackers and water in your stateroom, however you will have the option to purchase an actual meal.

Yup, that's the definition of nickel and dime charges. Optional. Problem is, NCL has slowly but surely eliminated included options that now cost extra. You know, an extra nickel or an extra dime. Soon enough you will only get crackers and water in your stateroom, however you will have the option to purchase an actual meal.

You also have the option to cruise another line. Clearly, based upon so many of your negative posts re: NCL, you should consider it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app