fan for our room

Keeping balcony doors open is frowned upon because it messes up the a/c. That said people still do it. Not sure how many fans are available onboard any given ship. People do bring their own fans but I would check with the cruise line first just to make sure - no sense in lugging a fan if they will not allow them.

I sleep with a fan at home (some like the sound, I like the light breeze) but found I did not need it on the ship. The a/c vents were in the ceiling so there was a slight breeze that suited me perfectly.

Edited by Scrapnana

I always bring a small, desktop electric fan. It creates just enough airflow to help with those nighttime hot flashes! Normal AC airflow just doesn't cut it, when those hot flashes hit!

A battery fan won't last all night for 7 nights...and batteries are HEAVY! If you bring an electric fan, bring an extension cord.....most times, the plugs are across from the bed!

I'm wondering if anyone has asked to have a fan in their room? I like sleeping with a fan, and wondering if anyone has asked for one or brought one, or if I even need it. Does anyone sleep with the balcony door open?

they do not provide fans, and you are not allowed to sleep with the balcony doors open.( nor do you want to.. wind tunnels are very serious concern)

furthermore any fan you bring yourself is subject to confiscation if it is not a battery powered one.

do you need the noise, or the air circulation? if the former, get a white noise app for your smart phone or a small battery operated machine.

I always bring a small, desktop electric fan. It creates just enough airflow to help with those nighttime hot flashes! Normal AC airflow just doesn't cut it, when those hot flashes hit!

A battery fan won't last all night for 7 nights...and batteries are HEAVY! If you bring an electric fan, bring an extension cord.....most times, the plugs are across from the bed!

the problem with this is the cruise line can and has confiscated them.. they have a responsibility to make sure it will not futz up the electrical system by drawing too much power or shorting out due to being old and worn wiring.