Robes?

knippsel

Silly question, I expect, but are there still robes in all the staterooms? We used to have a request for them in our profile and we had them in our cabins already when we boarded. Now I don't see a place to request them. I may have just missed it, but robes aren't listed as a stateroom amenity, either. Does anyone know for sure? Don't want to pack anything we don't need to!

Even if requested you won't always find them in your cabin at embarkation. Often at turnaround so many robes are sent to the laundry they aren't available until either late in the day or sometime during the next. Just be sure to remind your steward if you want them.

The cruise personalizer doesn't really link well to what you get onboard.

Robes, however, are still provided. Simply ask your stateroom steward and they will be provided as soon as they complete washing from the previous cruise (usually the first night, but sometimes the next morning).

I would take your own. We just returned from crown princess today. I am a size 12 and the first robe I recieved did not close by about 6-8 inches. the second one barely reached my hips at the front. the ones provided are so shrunk that they are more of a shoulder cover only.

I would take your own. We just returned from crown princess today. I am a size 12 and the first robe I recieved did not close by about 6-8 inches. the second one barely reached my hips at the front. the ones provided are so shrunk that they are more of a shoulder cover only.

Years ago the robes were quite nice. The ones now are smaller and lower quality.

The waffle robes are wonderful because they are lightweight. I do not think they are smaller. All people are not created equal.

you would need to be a size 6 for the two sides to touch in the middle and probably a size 0 for them to wrap as a robe should, they are lighweight but clearly they are shrunk which is also why the colored binding is all wrinkled. these are very poor quality robes and should be replaced.

I agree, take your own! They are always too small or too short!

We had 3 exchanges so 8 robes in all, some were longer than others but none were any wider and all had the shrunk material feel to them. just of the crown yesterday.

I wonder why our robes on the Crown were fine and my husband for sure is NOT a size 6. :confused:

The waffle robes are wonderful because they are lightweight. I do not think they are smaller. All people are not created equal.

We recently spent 14 days in Aqua Class on a Celebrity ship. That cruise line gives their Aqua, Concierge, and Suite passengers very plus extra thick/heavy terry robes. The problem is that they are too darn heavy...and I actually found myself sweating while eating breakfast (and on that line in Aqua we would get a full hot breakfast) on our balcony. We actually met another passenger who had their steward take away their plush robe and replace it with the thin waffle robe (similar to what you get on Princess) used in the regular passenger cabins.

Hank:rolleyes:

I think it depends on how many washes the robes have had. We were on the Royal in June when the robes were brand new and fitted well but then went onto Crown and they were tiny.

On the cruise personalizer we only get two choices on our "onboard preferences", bed configuration and dining preference. I thought Princess had brought us into line in the UK when they updated all our Captain`s Circle numbers this year but maybe not.

to fit us just fine. We have always had Terry Robes and they are great! I am 6' and wear a size 46 suit and either of the robes work just fine. Love wearing them on the balcony and to cover up when the coffee arrives at 6:30 AM.

You were lucky. I'm exactly your size, and the in-room robe was a joke. However, I did the ship's tour, and was "gifted" (overlooking the cost of the tour) with a number of things, including a really nice and way big enough deluxe robe to bring home.