Barbie Experience Question?

tenmile

I just booked The Barbie Experience for my granddaughter on the March 23 sailing on the Allure. I was charged $199 which is less than the original cost of $300+, I believe. I am happy about the savings, but I am wondering if some of the program activities have been eliminated. Has anyone recently experienced The Barbie Experience at this discounted price? If so, please let me know if the Barbie doll, room decorations, tea, dance lesson, and fashion show are still included. Thank you!

This is a great question OP.

We also signed our daughter up for the Barbie Premium Experience for our Allure of the Seas Jan 12, 2014 sailing and were also charged 199. When I look at the details of the on-board activity when logged into my RCCL account, it lists the following activities as included:

• Barbie™ Stateroom Package

• Mermaid Dance Class

• Fashion Designer Workshop

• Fashion Show

Comparing this list to the whats listed at the following website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=barbie&cS=NAVBAR

I found that the "Tiaras & Teacups Party" is missing from the included list for our booking. I wonder if that was cut?

Does anyone have any additional insight?

I tried calling the 800 number and asking, but i got nowhere :confused: when talking to the reps.

Finally, I am not happy about the fact that i had to remove my daughters reservation from one of the character breakfasts because according to the website "the barbie experience" and "character dining" were both at 8am on day 7 of our cruise. From reading all the barbie experience reviews, the activities all seem to be occuring mid-afternoon on sea days.

Overall this has been very confusing and frustrating experience :(

Thank you, ditkafan, for sharing what you know. I got nowhere when I talked to the Royal Caribbean customer service rep either. He seemed like he didn't even know about the Barbie Experience that RCI has offered now for a year or more:rolleyes:. I wasn't able to find the list of events that are included, so I am glad you found it. It would make sense that the cruise line would drop an event or two if they are dropping the price.

I was surprised, too, when I made the reservation on the Pre-Planner that the time plugged in was 8 a.m. on the last full day of the cruise. Of course, the RCI customer service rep could not tell me if there was an actual activity scheduled then. Fortunately, we did not have another event scheduled, but I can understand your frustration when you were forced to cancel a character breakfast for the sake of a computer reservation for an event that, more than likely, will not happen at the time stated! If you booked your cruise through a TA, online or otherwise, you may want to contact them just to share your experience and frustration. Sometimes these TAs know who to contact in the cruise line to get results--especially if you want that originally scheduled character breakfast.

Wow, I noticed the price went down but did not even notice that the "Tiaras & Teacups Party" was now missing. It is mentioned on the first screen, but not there when you try to book. I am going on the Oasis in April with my 7 year old and would like to book it. One question I have for Lady Gamecock is if parents are allowed to be there during the Mermaid dance class and fashion designer workshop. In the past I have tried to get my daughter to participate in activities in the adventure ocean and she refuses to unless I am there. She loves Barbie though so I would love for her to do this if I can be there with her so she is not shy and not participating. She is so good in school and with her friends, but very shy around new people so its hard. Thanks for any info.

^On Allure we were encouraged NOT to stay for Mermaid or Fashion Design Workshop. The women running the Barbie Experience were super nice though and I can't imagine them not letting you stay if your daughter wanted you there.

I find it odd that they're eliminating the Tea Party as it was super nice. That's a really big price reduction though for only eliminating one activity so maybe it was also just a change of price/experience.

^On Allure we were encouraged NOT to stay for Mermaid or Fashion Design Workshop. The women running the Barbie Experience were super nice though and I can't imagine them not letting you stay if your daughter wanted you there.

I find it odd that they're eliminating the Tea Party as it was super nice. That's a really big price reduction though for only eliminating one activity so maybe it was also just a change of price/experience.

Its really hard to say what exactly has changed- if anything. Given the tea party isn't on the description when booking is probably a good indication that it was eliminated.

Once I get back from our 1/12/14 Allure sailing i will make sure to update this thread with was was included (or not included).

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the Barbie Experience for my DD on our 2/1/14 sailing on Oasis. I was told the Tea Party is no longer part of the package. Also was told to disregard the date of the last day which in my case is 2-7-14. It had said 8am-9am. I called and got a supervisor. The activities are scheduled all throughout the week. It's just in their system as last day. Everything else in the package still is intact. They did tell me to bring pink tutu, boa and sunglasses for the fashion show. Price I paid was $199

Oh that sucks about the tea party. I figured my daughter would love that part. I also figured they would provide the tutu, boa and sunglasses. Oh well. Can anyone tell me the time of the fashion show? I want to make sure I do not schedule a show for that time. Thanks

Hi. I have been watching this thread for information about the Barbie experience and thought I would add to it. My daughter and I are going on a 7 day cruise in Feb 2014. Have had lots of trouble signing up for Barbie experience which comes up now at a cost of $75. Not sure what this means and what else is cut from it but sales rep on phone said the price was correct for our cruise. Happy about price but am concerned what the experience will be at this point. I thought I would post this in case anyone was having similar issues trying to sign up for the experience. Will update after our cruise.

Hi. I have been watching this thread for information about the Barbie experience and thought I would add to it. My daughter and I are going on a 7 day cruise in Feb 2014. Have had lots of trouble signing up for Barbie experience which comes up now at a cost of $75. Not sure what this means and what else is cut from it but sales rep on phone said the price was correct for our cruise. Happy about price but am concerned what the experience will be at this point. I thought I would post this in case anyone was having similar issues trying to sign up for the experience. Will update after our cruise.

This is copied off the Barbie Experience page on Royal Caribbean:

* Enchantment of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas sailings will be $75 per child and will not include the fashion designer workshop.

If you are going on either of these ships, maybe this is why the $75 charge.

Edited by retiredgram

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the response. We r on the Explorer for 7 days out of NJ.

When you return please let me know how it was. Based on a earlier post it looks like we have to bring everything: Tutu, boa, for the fashion show as well. That's so strange how they change things, yet do not update the description online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
When you return please let me know how it was. Based on a earlier post it looks like we have to bring everything: Tutu, boa, for the fashion show as well. That's so strange how they change things, yet do not update the description online.

Hi. Just back from our Barbie cruise. Will give more details at a later time but wanted to let you know they had the tutus, boas and sunglasses for the fashion show so no need to bring those things. My daughter loved it!!

Hi. Just back from our Barbie cruise. Will give more details at a later time but wanted to let you know they had the tutus, boas and sunglasses for the fashion show so no need to bring those things. My daughter loved it!!

Oh Thank you! Good to know. I am sure my little girl will love it too.

We bought the Barbie Experience for my granddaughter on Independence of the Seas 2-15-14 sailing. In the room was a Barbie blanket, pillow case, magnetic door sign, a Barbie Doll & a package of doll accessories. On the 2nd sea say, they had a dress design workshop for their dolls. On the 5th day they did a dance class, on the 6th day a karaoke session & on the 7th day a runway fashion show. The instructors were wonderful with the girls (6 girls ages 6-9 participated). For the runway show, they provided costumes for the live girls to wear while presenting their dolls. They also received another package of doll accessories. Overall, the event was run very well. If your child is as active in kid's club as our granddaughter was, there will be a bit of a conflict with other scheduled activities.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Al W., for your thorough information. We are taking our granddaughter on the Allure in less than 3 weeks because of Royal Caribbean's Barbie Experience. She is very excited. And so are we!:D

We bought the Barbie Experience for my granddaughter on Independence of the Seas 2-15-14 sailing. In the room was a Barbie blanket, pillow case, magnetic door sign, a Barbie Doll & a package of doll accessories. On the 2nd sea say, they had a dress design workshop for their dolls. On the 5th day they did a dance class, on the 6th day a karaoke session & on the 7th day a runway fashion show. The instructors were wonderful with the girls (6 girls ages 6-9 participated). For the runway show, they provided costumes for the live girls to wear while presenting their dolls. They also received another package of doll accessories. Overall, the event was run very well. If your child is as active in kid's club as our granddaughter was, there will be a bit of a conflict with other scheduled activities.

What wonderful information...thanks so much for sharing.

We will be on the Freedom in a few weeks with DD and family, and her two little girls are doing the Barbie Experience. My question to you...we have early traditional dining..do any of the Barbie events conflict with this? My DD has been unable to get many details about the program, so thanks again!!

All Barbie events and classes took place around 5:00 p.m. The only conflict in times that we had was that my granddaughter was enjoying the kids club program and she had to be excused from it to do the Barbie Experience. She felt it was worth it though.

• 1 month later...

Ok so just got off the Oasis of the Seas. The fashion design event was on Tuesday at 5, the mermaid dance on Thursday at 5, and the fashion show was on Friday with the rehearsal started at 3:15 and the show at 4. My daughter had a doll with accessories, pillow cover, blanket, lanyard, and tooth brush waiting for her when we entered the room. The door also had a magnet and door hanging tag signifying she was a Barbie girl. Ours magnet got stolen, so I would suggest bringing it into the room. At the fashion show the girls were given ( to borrow) a tutu, sun glasses, and boa. After the fashion show she received another doll. My daughter loved it.

Ok so just got off the Oasis of the Seas. The fashion design event was on Tuesday at 5, the mermaid dance on Thursday at 5, and the fashion show was on Friday with the rehearsal started at 3:15 and the show at 4. My daughter had a doll with accessories, pillow cover, blanket, lanyard, and tooth brush waiting for her when we entered the room. The door also had a magnet and door hanging tag signifying she was a Barbie girl. Ours magnet got stolen, so I would suggest bringing it into the room. At the fashion show the girls were given ( to borrow) a tutu, sun glasses, and boa. After the fashion show she received another doll. My daughter loved it.

Were you doing the eastern or western oasis route? Knowing the schedule would sure help us plan shows!! Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any more updates on Barbie Experience? I booked this on our Oasis cruise in November as a surprise for my 6 year old daughter but am afraid to tell her because I have seen other reports of it being cancelled. Anyone have this issue?

We did the Barbie experience on the Navigator out of Galveston this past month. My daughter is 4, and she really enjoyed the program. It sounds like the times of the "experience" may be different depending on the ship or crew. All our gatherings were around 1pm, while the Adventure Ocean was closed for lunch - as they did use one of the kids room to hold it.

On my sailing, we had 7 sign up before the cruise, and 7 more sign up the first day as well. I think that 14 girls were too many as the one staff lady was very flustered with all that she needed to do.

Sadly, even though we signed up ahead of time, they didn't have the room all decorated when we arrived (something wrong with the cabin # missing a #). The room steward brought in a box containing all the Barbie stuff and decorated the room while we were there.

There wasn't a tea party, and they did have glasses, boas, and tutus for the girls to borrow for the fashion show.

I really like the blanket and pillowcase - it is made of good quality. My daughter is a little young (or maybe just not that in to it) for the Barbie and the dresses, but otherwise she had fun. I think the girls who were about 6 and older got the best out of it - we even had a 3 year old there.